Team for Sunderland?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Team for Sunderland?

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 am

I am *really* looking forward to tomorrow, I love football and there's been some good games on lately but it pails in significance to city for me

tomorrow I hope to see
Given
Richards Kompany Lescott Bridge
De Jong Barry
Johnson Bellamy
Tevez Ade

Subs:- Taylor, Toure, Zabba, Onuah, Ireland, SWP, RSC
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Team for Sunderland?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 am

Ade's still out mate. Will he give Roque a run-out?

PS. Good to see a thread on our game, the DT's are beginning to subside ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:14 am

got to be same 11 as vs Chelsea for me - how could you drop anyone after that?

please Mancio, PLEASE KEEP JOLEON AND VINNIE AS CENTRE HALVES!
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:38 am

Wooders wrote:Given
Richards Kompany Lescott Bridge
De Jong Barry
Johnson Bellamy
Tevez Ade

Subs:- Taylor, Toure, Zabba, Onuah, Ireland, SWP, RSC

Adebayor is still suspended.

The MUeN says we have the following players available: Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Onuoha, Toure, Lescott, Boyata, Garrido, Sylvinho, Bridge, Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Vieira, Barry, De Jong, Ibrahim, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz.

It's usually a good idea to check out their preview before posting your Team. Easy to forget who's out.

I'd go for:

Given
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Bridge
Wright-Phillips Barry De Jong Johnson
Tevez Bellamy

I'd also like to see Ireland (desperate need to pick up some form) and Santa Cruz introduced at some point in the Match.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Most likely;

Given
Richards/lescott/Vinnie/Bridge
NDJ/Barry/Zaba
SWP/Tevez/Bellers

That's if all fit
If not then AJ for Bellers
Vieira for Zaba
Zaba for Bridge

Subs
Taylor/AJ/RSC/Ireland/Toure/Ibrahim/Onuaha
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Most likely;

Given
NDJ/Barry/Zaba
SWP/Tevez/Bellers

That's if all fit
Vieira for Zaba
Zaba for Bridge

Subs

You're the man Doug but isn't Vinnie carrying a knock or something? In which case get him completely fit and stick Toure in tomorrow. SWP cant have endeared himself to Bobby this week. AJ for me - I know he wasn't too sharp last time but that was Chelsea - this is Sunderland!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Most likely;

Given
NDJ/Barry/Zaba
SWP/Tevez/Bellers

That's if all fit
Vieira for Zaba
Zaba for Bridge

Subs

I MIGHT BE A LITTLE UNFAIR BUT I JUST DONT WANT VIEIRA IN THE TEAM PERIOD.............I KEEP SAYING HE,S TOO SLOW..DANGERIOUSLY SLOW.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

keep the same team as against chelsea, but if fit put ireland as a sub
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby aaron bond » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:32 pm

I'd go with the same side that stuffed Chelsea.

Even if Ade was available, I wouldn't start him. As much as I rate him, I think we're a better team with Tevez and Bellamy up front.

And surely Mancini can see that Kompany and Lescott are our strongest centre-back pairing. Toure hasn't done enough to justify a starting place in the side and should rightly keep his place on the bench.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
I MIGHT BE A LITTLE UNFAIR BUT I JUST DONT WANT VIEIRA IN THE TEAM PERIOD.............I KEEP SAYING HE,S TOO SLOW..DANGERIOUSLY SLOW.

think everyone is probably agreeing with you there carl.

However it seems from the noises coming from the camp that Vieira is still seen as important in the run-in. Whether that translates into games we will have to see. The only way i can personally understand the importance that Mancini puts on Vieira is in the sense that the run-in games are going to be the most difficult of the season, more so than a lot of us might care to admit, so someone with Vieira's experience and attitude may yet prove to be important. He looks past it tbh, but you know the tough get going when...

So far the only positive thing i have seen him doing in games is helping to drag us up the pitch a bit, which imo is very much needed for this team to play properly. He may just be the person to make a difference in those games where it is locked in a midfield battle so much that even people like Barry cant see the wood for the trees and so cant escape what is going on, we tend to then sit too deep which doesn't help matters. So Vieira could prove the difference in such games by experience and nouse, knowing what to do.. nothing to do with speed.
And even if we continue to improve slightly, i expect quite a few of the above type games from now on.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:31 pm

team that won 4-3 at home

Given, Richards (Zabaleta 22), Onuoha, Toure, Sylvinho, Wright-Phillips (Kompany 53), Ireland, Barry, Bellamy (Petrov 86), Tevez, Santa Cruz.

RSC got 2 goals, so he may well start again.
apart from that our defence has got a lot stronger and more organised since that game.
DeJong was missing also for some reason.

So it seems the team going to Sunderland will be a good bit stronger than this one
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 pm

I certainly don't want Vieira in but I had the feeling that Mancini would have played him in every game where he was fit and available. Zaba has done ok I think in Mancini's eyes so probably will keep his place unless there are injuries to disrupt things.

Kompany did miss some training but looked ok on Friday so unless there is a reaction I expect him to play.It was Bridge who left training early on Friday so might be injured which could mean a rejig and Zaba going to left back.Bellers missed training on Friday altogether but Kidd said he was fine.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Given
Bridge
Kompany
Lescott
Richards
Johnson
Barry
de Jong
Ireland
Bellamy
Tevez
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dikdik » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I agree with the sentiments regarding Ade. Although he is a great player (when in the mood) the team does seem to have a better balance with Tevez and Bellamy up front.
IMHO
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Vhero » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Ack dont care who plays we just need plenty of goals. Spurs winning today didn't help us..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

think everyone is probably agreeing with you there carl.

However it seems from the noises coming from the camp that Vieira is still seen as important in the run-in. Whether that translates into games we will have to see. The only way i can personally understand the importance that Mancini puts on Vieira is in the sense that the run-in games are going to be the most difficult of the season, more so than a lot of us might care to admit, so someone with Vieira's experience and attitude may yet prove to be important. He looks past it tbh, but
    you know the tough get going when...

So far the only positive thing i have seen him doing in games is helping to drag us up the pitch a bit, which imo is very much needed for this team to play properly. He may just be the person to make a difference in those games where it is locked in a midfield battle so much that even people like Barry cant see the wood for the trees and so cant escape what is going on, we tend to then sit too deep which doesn't help matters. So Vieira could prove the difference in such games by experience and nouse, knowing what to do.. nothing to do with speed.
And even if we continue to improve slightly, i expect quite a few of the above type games from now on.

I agree PV is slower than he was and the lack of game fitness (due to his stupid act at Stoke) does not help him.
However, in the wake of Ireland total lack of form, he also is the player which better may have the killer pass, as already shown (sadly once was to Ade and once to the clueless RSC).

On the above basis, imo, the most balanced, powerfull and experienced line-up, would be:
-------------- Given
Zabba - Vinnie - Lescott - Bridge
---------- De Jong
SWP (AJ to come in the 2nd) - - - Vieira - - - Barry
--------- Carlito - Bellers

I don't have to remind that this is not the time to run "beauty contests", but time to grab points: 3 possibly, 1 as a must!

But I think Mancini, will traditionally confirm the same 11 winners fm Stanford Bridge (confidence building comes also by respecting performances).
Last edited by Swales4ever on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Crossie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 pm

With Tevez and Bellers upfront we must really really piss off the opposition defenders, those 2 hassle and harry for 95 mins. Bound to score with those 2 involved
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Since I haven't been able to get over the last few weeks, It was a real confidence booster going into the pub to watch
the Chelsea - City game hearing that Bobby Manc went with Kompany and Lescott and not Toure/Lescott. The press can be told what they like about 'knocks' etc, I think Mancini knows that Toure isn't up to scratch and him being Club captain too, is a problem for Mancini as well.

So, I fully expect Mancini to name an unchanged side tomorrow. Why not ? (injury free of course), the team deserve a second chance to prove that the win at Chelsea was no fluke.

It's a must win game tomorrow for us and I think the team will rise to the occasion.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby play like we dream » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Tevez and Bellars to start. Tear them apart. Two goals in twenty minutes. Put them in their place. Go Blues.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: NDJ

Return to The Maine Football forum