City offer 50 million for Higuain and Gago

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City offer 50 million for Higuain and Gago

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 pm

http://www.marca.com/2010/03/13/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1268464440.html

El City ofrece 50 millones por Higuaín y Gago

* Ambos jugadores costaron al Real Madrid 33,5 millones en 2006 · Gago ya estuvo a punto de fichar por el City durante el mercado de invierno por 18 millones de euros

El Manchester City está dispuesto a hacer un desembolso millonario este verano con el objetivo de reforzarse para ganar la próxima Premier League. El diario MARCA desvela en su edición de este sábado que el City presentará al Real Madrid una oferta de 50 millones de euros por Higuaín y Fernando Gago. Hay que recordar que al Madrid ambos jugadores le costaron 33,5 millones en 2006.

Según ha podido saber nuestro compañero Ulises Sánchez-Flor, Roberto Mancini, entrenador del conjunto inglés, ha pedido expresamente al dueño del club, el jeque multimillonario Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, el fichaje de los dos jugadores argentinos del Real Madrid.

No es la primera vez que el Manchester City intenta fichar a Gago. Durante el pasado mercado de invierno, el centrocampista argentino estuvo a punto de hacer las maletas e irse a la Premier pero todo se frustró en el último momento. Real Madrid y City llegaron a un acuerdo para traspasar a Gago por 18 millones de euros, pero los ingleses necesitaban el consentimiento del dueño del club, el jefe Al Mansour, y éste no llegó a tiempo del cierre del mercado en la Premier.

Tras el fallido intento, Mancini reconoció que el City volvería a intentar ficharle este mismo verano. "Gago es un jugador fantástico y puede que intentemos ficharlo de nuevo en verano", Hay una posibilidad de hacernos con él", dijo.

En cuanto a Higuaín, el Manchester City siempre ha seguido muy de cerca la evolución del 'Pipita', que tiene una de las fichas más bajas de la plantilla blanca al cobrar 1,6 millones. Hace poco la prensa inglesa publicaba que la renovación de Higuaín con el Real Madrid no iba por el buen camino y que el City se mantenía expectamente para entrar en acción. De hecho, se rumoreaba que el club inglés estaría dispuesto a ofrecer 40 millones de euros por el delantero del Real Madrid.

Higuian yes please although i'll take gago for the right price.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: City offer 50 million for Higuain and Gago

Postby ant london » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Ah my old favourite "El Manchester City" haha.

From what I hear re Higuain I don't see him signing a new contract at Les Meringues...he's been poorly treated (a la Tevez at the Swamp) and I think that he'll be off in the summer.

We have Tevez...and Zabba....I can see that deal happening and the Gago one. Bring them both on. No more whiney fucking favela children please...the Argies are more than welcome at City tho.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Is that Higuain for 45m and Gago for 5?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Is that Higuain for 45m and Gago for 5?

Higuain for 50 provided we take Gago as well.

I don't want either tbh & I don't think we'll sign either. I would of been happy to sign Higuain at the start of the season but I think we've moved up another level now & can do better.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby french_tony » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Always heard that Higuain is highly rated but never seen him play. He a starter for Real? What sort of striker is he? Score much?
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:55 pm

I'd rather have Higuain than Benzema. Been at Madrid for a few years now and only just getting the credit, but talk is he's not staying any longer.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:55 pm

french_tony wrote:Always heard that Higuain is highly rated but never seen him play. He a starter for Real? What sort of striker is he? Score much?

pretty darn good player a regular goal scorer and even manages to out perform the galaticos recruited last summer (except for tranny) although he struggles to score in big matches.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I'd rather have Higuain than Benzema. Been at Madrid for a few years now and only just getting the credit, but talk is he's not staying any longer.

That's bold statement. I do think Benzema is by far better of the two. Higuain is still very decent player. I have doubts how well Higuain would deal with Premier League whereas I feel it would be natural place for Benzema and he'd actually do better than in Spain.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:00 pm

I've heard that Gago polarises opinion. Sometimes he looks good, sometimes he doesn't. Also heard that DoomMerchant is a big fan yet Fidel is not.

Interesting times.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby david yearsley » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Madrid press talking up the price as it´s us and they think we´ll pay whatever it takes to make up for the shortfall after C.L. catastrophe - typical bull
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Are you lot mental?

Benezema better than Higuain!

Pssh don't be daft. Higuain is world class, infact his strike rate is second to none in the world right now. I saw the revista la liga the other day and quite rightly balague was purring over higuain saying that even though he has had a massive fallout with kaka and fake ron after they banned him from taking any free kicks and pens (which he did last year) the guys is a top pro and is banging them in pretty much everytime he plays, infact if he was taking free kicks and pens he'd be the leading scorer in the world right now no doubt!

Higuain is a perfect prem striker. I honestly think he would be our Torres if we signed him. I'm a massive fan of the guy! Get him in!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Is that Higuain for 45m and Gago for 5?

Higuain for 50 provided we take Gago as well.

I don't want either tbh & I don't think we'll sign either. I would of been happy to sign Higuain at the start of the season but I think we've moved up another level now & can do better.

Well Ted, I do very much agree with You and NQD on about that Higuain is the only real interesting slice of the possible cake. I reckon Gago might be no more than a good spare for Gareth and and Nigel; the january bid hading been just the best possible attempt to enforce our mid's weaknesses at that given time.
But, imho, Higuain, also given his youth has greater means of further progress and, as a personal opinion, I cannot see many other forwarding pairs better than Tevez-Higuain (never forgetting the most valuable contribution Bellers might give if a fair luck shall assist his knee). It is a very personal opinion, but to me, Higuain is gonna be one of the very best striker in the world very soon, while he is yet a great one. Just to make a comparison I wouldn't waste a while of puzzlement if I could have choose between him and/or Torres/Villa.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby fisterton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:11 pm

re Higuain
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?cc=5901&sec=europe&id=751007
Profligate performance v Lyon aside, his stats are some of the most impressive in Europe right now, with a goal every 77 minutes (best in europe) and 1 in 2.6 chances going in.
fisterton
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Twobob » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Gago? Going to be pretty hard to swallow...

Coat!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I've heard that Gago polarises opinion. Sometimes he looks good, sometimes he doesn't. Also heard that DoomMerchant is a big fan yet Fidel is not.

Interesting times.

i'd be balls deep in gago. fo sho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 am

I always think it's nice of El City to let Marca know our plans in advance.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 am

Id pay 50 for Higuain and they can give us gago for free .
This lad is an amazing player 19 apps so far in la liga and he has scored 16 goals
The year before he 22 goals in 34 apps in a proven league where the worlds best players are id take this lad for 50m and he is only 22 plus he is argie like our amigo tevez :)
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:02 am

I think this would be a good bit of business, Higuain is occasionally a bit hit and miss, he had a shocker against Lyon the other night and managed to miss one that would have been far easier to score - Gago I feel is that sort of Johnno type link between defensive and central midfield we seem to miss at the moment.
Would be pleased to have them both on board but would prefer villa and flamini !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Vhero » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Could he do it in the prem though?? If he could then 50 mill would be a bargain for Higuain alone :p.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Vhero wrote:Could he do it in the prem though?? If he could then 50 mill would be a bargain for Higuain alone :p.

He could, I don't think 50 million would be a bargain for him though - more like 30
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum