The officially official Sunderland v City Thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The officially official Sunderland v City Thread.

Postby dazby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Just about every one of our saved shots could have done with one more pass. Great finish by Jinky, and I liked the badge grab after he scored against his boyhood club.

For Gordon, you know it's going to be your day when a shot is going for goal and then gets deflected straight into your breadbasket. Credit to him.

RSC? I'd like to see him have a run of games before writing him off. He's had no continuity with his City career. 5 games to show us what he can do. He's got the frame for it.

Vieira looked better than I expected today. Still a bit rusty but some nice through balls have stuck in my head.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 pm

RSC was winning stuff in the air up front. He's the only one at the club who will do that. He's a yard short of pace and his overall technique isnt 17mill but he wasnt our worst player today. We have to start games with more purpose and earn the right to play. Keep saying it and it might happen.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:20 pm

cityPinoy_fc wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:
bluej wrote:Initial defensive set up has cost us that. Don't know why SWP wasn't taken off earlier either.

another Micah Richards article in the press this week wondering why Capello won't pick him
Somebody should send him the DVD

Vieira, to be fair, looked quite decent when he came on: perhaps we could consider starting with the lineup that finished the game.

But whither Ireland now?

vieira doesn't have the legs to play the entire 90 mins though

yea, he'd never last the pace but that kind of set-up was a good one: part of RSC's awfulness will have to be put down to ring rustiness, but Adebayor will be back in a couple of games
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:20 pm

irblinx wrote:7 out of 8 were straight at him, his positioning was good but with the exception of the Tevez chance not top drawer saves. You also seem to have made the same mistake as most of our players today, a striker's job is to get it on target AND beat the keeper.

The biggest part of good keeping is positioning as it means you don't have to make desperate diving saves. Today Gordon got the positioning perfect all day, however the likes of SWP's chance should have been put across goal and gave Gordon better chances of making the save.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:RSC was winning stuff in the air up front. He's the only one at the club who will do that. He's a yard short of pace and his overall technique isnt 17mill but he wasnt our worst player today.

Agreed...but as you know...this forum always needs a scapegoat
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm

I thought RSC's overall game was good today but he did a few stand out things badly. One piece of garbage control and that miss when he really should have done better is what gets remembered but the good play wasnt brilliant enough.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Three words to today: Lucky, Lucky & Lucky!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:34 pm

dazby wrote:Just about every one of our saved shots could have done with one more pass. Great finish by Jinky, and I liked the badge grab after he scored against his boyhood club.

For Gordon, you know it's going to be your day when a shot is going for goal and then gets deflected straight into your breadbasket. Credit to him.

RSC? I'd like to see him have a run of games before writing him off. He's had no continuity with his City career. 5 games to show us what he can do. He's got the frame for it.

Vieira looked better than I expected today. Still a bit rusty but some nice through balls have stuck in my head.

YOU WOULD GIVE RSC A RUN IN THE TEAM?
ANOTHER NUTTER.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

dazby wrote:Just about every one of our saved shots could have done with one more pass. Great finish by Jinky, and I liked the badge grab after he scored against his boyhood club.

Mmmmm, good analysis mate, you can have my 20 votes anytime.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Are the negative views regarding the second half due to us not being level with Spurs again?

Crap first half yes, but the second half was very good. Wish we could just scrap the first half as this seems to be a season trait.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dazby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ANOTHER NUTTER.

All you saw was his fuck ups Carl, and they were there for all to see. What you didn't see was his aerial play, his ability to bring the ball to the ground, SOME good movement to break up the defence and general link up work.

To play at your best you need a run of games. You cannot say he has had that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:47 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ANOTHER NUTTER.

All you saw was his fuck ups Carl, and they were there for all to see. What you didn't see was his aerial play, his ability to bring the ball to the ground, SOME good movement to break up the defence and general link up work.

To play at your best you need a run of games. You cannot say he has had that.

HIS MISS WAS SHOCKING MATE AND WAS UNDEFENDABLE..HE,S PAID TO PUT THOSE AWAY AND YOU JUST CANNOT MISS THOSE KIND OF CHANCES IF YOU WANT TO BREAK INTO THE TOP 4.
I DIDNT THINK HE HELD THE BALL UP WELL TODAY AT ALL AND WHEN HE DID HE DIDNT USE IT WISELY.
MY OPINION OF COURSE..VERY FRUSTRATING.

I WOULD NOT GIVE HIM A RUN IN TEH TEAM BASED ON TODAYS PERFORMANCE..WE JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO FUCK UP ANYMORE.
NOW ANDY J DOES DESERVE A RUN IN THE SIDE...TERRIFIC PLAYER AND FAR FAR MORE SKILFULL AND INVENTIVE THAN SWP WHO IS PROVING MORE AND MORE ONE DIMENSIONAL EVERY WEEK.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby peg-6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:52 pm

We are just unlucky. That's all. We had a poor 1st half, but came strong in the 2nd. The way we played in the 2nd half is what we need. Our players tried to turn thing around. That's very very positive. This draw is a gain for me.
peg-6
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

RSC will never feature in a Man City kit after his performance today. The look on Mancini's face after that abortion
of a kick said it all.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby irblinx » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:13 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
irblinx wrote:7 out of 8 were straight at him, his positioning was good but with the exception of the Tevez chance not top drawer saves. You also seem to have made the same mistake as most of our players today, a striker's job is to get it on target AND beat the keeper.

The biggest part of good keeping is positioning as it means you don't have to make desperate diving saves. Today Gordon got the positioning perfect all day, however the likes of SWP's chance should have been put across goal and gave Gordon better chances of making the save.

I didn't say he played badly just that our finishing made him look good (and from the other thread I'm not the only one), even the Bellamy shot through the crowd deflected TOWARDS him, and I personally think that the best Sunderland player was Malbranque.

We were much improved in the 2nd half but totally without finesse or composure in front of goal, we are definitely in need of a real world class striker (Aguerro please).
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm

CitizenYank wrote:RSC will never feature in a Man City kit after his performance today. The look on Mancini's face after that abortion
of a kick said it all.

I agree with your observation entirely. Just what RSC thought he was doing after Johnson made so much time for him beggars belief. Mancini was looking certainly pissed off with RSC for that.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum