Bellamy and Tevez fired up says Micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy and Tevez fired up says Micah

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Micah Richards believes the in-form Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy represent a defender’s worst nightmare.

Fast, aggressive and skilful, both forwards scored twice in the 4-2 win at Chelsea and Richards reckons the never-say-die pair can again inspire the Blues to victory at Sunderland this afternoon.

“Craig and Carlos give us a real edge and I think the team that eventually finishes fourth will need something a bit different and, hopefully, we have it,” said Richards.

“I’d much rather play with them than against them, especially the way they’re playing at the moment!

“They’re both on fire and cause the opposition so many problems. In Craig’s case, I actually think he’s better suited as a left winger than an out-and-out striker because he’s so quick and can scores goals from wide out, too.

“Carlos never gives defenders a moment’s peace and I’d already say they’re in a two-horse race for the club’s player of the season award.

“When Carlos was at United, he wasn’t labelled as a goal-scorer, but he’s come here, is the main man and the fans love him. I think he’s proved he’s as good as anyone in the Premier League and probably the world, too.

“The same could be said of Craig. He came here with a bit of a reputation and some people questioned the wisdom of signing him last season.

"But he’s been fantastic for us and
never gives less than 110% for the
team. He’s a great character to have
around. He drives us on and is a real
asset to our side"

Richards is hoping the pair carry on where they left off at Chelsea and says victory at the Stadium of Light is crucial if City are to keep the pressure on the other clubs chasing fourth place.

“We need to go to Sunderland and play the way we did at Chelsea because it’s getting to the point where you can’t afford to drop any points.

“Sunderland had a good win in the week, but if we want to finish in the top four, these are games we have to win.

“It would be unbelievable for this club if we end up playing Champions League next season, but we believe we can do it because we have great players, we’re in a strong position and, as things stand, it’s in our own hands.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum