What Was Your Opinion On Micah's Performance Today?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What Was Your Opinion On Micah's Performance Today?

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm not his biggest fan but thought he was having a great game today and was amazed when he was replaced! Had he stayed on he would have been my Man Of The Match.

How do you think he did? Was he playing well or was I dreaming?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: What Was Your Opinion On Micah's Performance Today?

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't know about MOM but I thought he was definitely doing ok, he was however continuing to give away fouls whilst on a yellow which I think was the reason for it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby shawzy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 pm

I thought he had a blinder..Infact he was more of an attackin threat than SWP...Same style as Evra and Cole,just younger and needs to sort out his tackling.Bright future ahead
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Couple of dodgy moments but a way bigger threat than SWP imo. Probably injured.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 pm

I think he was doing ok but nothing special. Miles better than SWP though who was having a very poor game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think he was doing ok but nothing special. Miles better than SWP though who was having a very poor game.

Micah had a very good game imo.The nettle was there to be grasped by SWP but he failed to even make a grab very poor imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goataldo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Thought he was doing alright but kept making slightly rash defensive decisions, and one which could have snapped that lad's ankle. Wouldn't have highlighted him out for any particular praise, or harsh cristicism to be fair.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Constantly showed a right footed player playing left wing on his inisde which led to the first goal.
Ridiculous dive again in their box in the first half.

Looked slow, lazy, laid back.

He wasn't shit, he was.....allright. That's the top level performance he will ever give us and it's never going to be good enough.

Right Back is the number one priority in the summer.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Rae4685 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:35 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Constantly showed a right footed player playing left wing on his inisde which led to the first goal.
Ridiculous dive again in their box in the first half.

Looked slow, lazy, laid back.

He wasn't shit, he was.....allright. That's the top level performance he will ever give us and it's never going to be good enough.

Right Back is the number one priority in the summer.

Thats a stupid statement!!! He made one or 2 poor defensive decisions but that was probably due to the fact he seemed to be our main attacking threat in the first half as shauny was useless
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 pm

had a great game IMO
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Colin the King » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 pm

I thought he played reasonably well and certainly looked threatening going forward, but was worried he'd get sent off. Some silly moments that could have proven costly, and he afforded Malbranque (who always plays a blinder against us, why is that?) way too much time and space in the first half.

He's improved on last season overall but I don't think today was Micah at his best. Faster and more committed but reckless more than once.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Should have cut out the cross that led to the first goal, again looked slightly lost defensively at times and yes it was probably because of SWP being so poor in front of him, but his first job is to defend and on that basis he wasn't that great. Agree we needed to strengthen in this area, Micah has time on his side and could probably learn from a more experienced player...
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

very poor first fifteen but improved considerably - i'd say 7/10.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:56 am

Poor challange that he was booked for which pretty much sealed his early exit from the game

Passing to shaun down the wing was pretty poor too, he struggles with precision when passing down the line and his mid range to long passing in general isnt anything to write home about.

Apart from that he was fine, had he not been booked im sure he would have stayed on.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby HeyMark » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 am

shawzy wrote:I thought he had a blinder..Infact he was more of an attackin threat than SWP...Same style as Evra and Cole,just younger and needs to sort out his tackling.Bright future ahead

I think your a quality poster mate but thats fucking ridiculous, he'll never be in the same league as cole or evra when it comes to fullbacks, he constantly slows down our attack when he gets on the ball and his passing is very suspect (btw i actually like him as a player and feel he gets too much stick at times but he isn't as good or will ever be as good as these two)
HeyMark

Postby shawzy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 am

HeyMark wrote:
shawzy wrote:I thought he had a blinder..Infact he was more of an attackin threat than SWP...Same style as Evra and Cole,just younger and needs to sort out his tackling.Bright future ahead

I think your a quality poster mate but thats fucking ridiculous, he'll never be in the same league as cole or evra when it comes to fullbacks, he constantly slows down our attack when he gets on the ball and his passing is very suspect (btw i actually like him as a player and feel he gets too much stick at times but he isn't as good or will ever be as good as these two)

I agree, not as good those 2 but similar in an attacking style. ie powerful runs down the line,supporting attack and not afraid to get in the pen area.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 am

.... Micah had one of his better games - nothing more

We do not really attack down the right when he plays - the only out ball he seems to know is pass it wide to SWP - no matter if he has 2 players on him

He normally does not get pass players and he normally cannot put a cross in - the fact that he actually managed to do that a couple of times does therefore stand out - but not in respect of a PL RB

Most important for me though yesterday - I actually saw him RUNNING back to help the defence when he had lost the ball - that should be normal but is a bit special for Micah
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 am

Didn't like his two dives at all. That can fucking stop.

The trouble with Micah is he is better when we haven't got the ball, kind of like de Jong. He really, really needs to work on his passing, though his movement off the ball in an attacking sense has definitely improved this year, which it had to if he were going to be a full-back. I do think he is improving overall and I am pleased he is: I want Academy lads like him to be at City for the next ten years.

Overall I thought he had a decent but unspectacular game, though their goal came from a cross from his man which in an ideal world should not be happening. But Malbranque is a very good player and sometimes very good players can beat you and get a cross in. it was actually quite a good goal to be fair to them.

Was the subsititution tactical or due to an injury? The Japanese commentators didn't know and I'll be rogered with a prize marrow if I am listening to that kerbcrawling creep David Pleat for 90 minutes.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:36 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Didn't like his two dives at all. That can fucking stop.

The trouble with Micah is he is better when we haven't got the ball, kind of like de Jong. He really, really needs to work on his passing, though his movement off the ball in an attacking sense has definitely improved this year, which it had to if he were going to be a full-back. I do think he is improving overall and I am pleased he is: I want Academy lads like him to be at City for the next ten years.

Overall I thought he had a decent but unspectacular game, though their goal came from a cross from his man which in an ideal world should not be happening. But Malbranque is a very good player and sometimes very good players can beat you and get a cross in. it was actually quite a good goal to be fair to them.

Was the subsititution tactical or due to an injury? The Japanese commentators didn't know and I'll be rogered with a prize marrow if I am listening to that kerbcrawling creep David Pleat for 90 minutes.

... with you on Pleat - now that man can unite the opinions of people
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 am

Thought he played alright yesterday and has been playing a lot better recently.
I actually thought Barry was more likely to get sent off than Richards. Seemed like he was trying to start a war out there!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum