The Microcosm World of the fickle football fan...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Microcosm World of the fickle football fan...

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am

Dunny...City fucking legend...9 years service...4 years in a row player of the year...just before we sold him I had to read so much utter shite on here about a player who had given his all for this football club

Now I see Sweep coming into heavy critisism on here...the same pattern emerging...people saying he is past it...greedy for wanting to renegotiate his final career contract etc etc

Can't believe how people can just turn on players like that...especially players who have dedicated the vast proportion of their careers to the sky blue cause...makes me feel sick to my stomach
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: The Microcosm World of the fickle football fan...

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:especially players who have dedicated the vast proportion of their careers to the sky blue cause...makes

agree re dunne mate, but SWP jumped ship for chelski at the first opportunity - weeks after saying he was staying iirc.

also, do you feel SWP has played well over the last six months?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:28 am

The Man In Blue wrote:

Like has been mentioned on another thread...everyone has a dip in form...does he really need to be crucified for it? Or does he need the support of the fans who were ecstatic when he arrived back from Chelsea...this is Shauny we are talking about...one of our own
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:31 am

Its not about turning our backs on players just that he doesn't deserve a higher paid longer contract.

He has been poor lately, i mean you wouldn't expect your boss to give you a pay rise if you didn't do you job properly right, shauny isn't performing atm, he's not doing his job, as such he shouldn't be rewarded, simple as.

I mean he's got 2 YEARS left FFS, it's not like he's out of contract next month. This smacks of greed i'm afraid and we'd be mugs to give him a deal. Sets a bad precident to the rest of the squad imo.
Last edited by Blue Blood on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Like has been mentioned on another thread...everyone has a dip in form...does he really need to be crucified for it? Or does he need the support of the fans who were ecstatic when he arrived back from Chelsea...this is Shauny we are talking about...one of our own

to be honest mate there are always idiots who say things about players like "HES A FUCKING CUNT/WASTE OF SPACE/FUCK OFF OUT MY CLUB" after a poor display - i tend to discount these opinions as they are usually completely wrong and terribly ill-informed.

SWP right now is playing badly. i will not criticise him for anything other than his form, as is my right. inherant in my criticism is the hope he will rediscover some form.
The Man In Blue

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 am

Blue Blood wrote:Its not about turning our backs on players just that he doesn't deserve a higher paid longer contract.

He has been poor lately, i mean you wouldn't expect your boss to give you a pay rise if you didn't do you job properly right, shauny isn't performing atm, he's not doing his job, as such he shouldn't be rewarded, simple as.

You're missing the point completely

Ok...say if you worked for a small company since you were a kid...worked your way up the ranks...then suddenly the company gets taken over by a powerful company...they start bringing in their own men...for more money...not only that...the men they have brought in are no better than you yet are on double the salary

Would you not be pissed?

This is about parity...if fucking Robinho is worth 160,000 a week then Shaun should get his 100k or whatever he wants

The little guy has put a shift in for us on many an occasion

It's the least we owe him
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ok...say if you worked for a small company since you were a kid...worked your way up the ranks...then suddenly the company gets taken over by a powerful company...they start bringing in their own men...for more money...not only that...the men they have brought in are no better than you yet are on double the salary

you missed the part about leaving said company in the lurch and heading off down to a more fashionable london based company for a pay rise.
The Man In Blue

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ok...say if you worked for a small company since you were a kid...worked your way up the ranks...then suddenly the company gets taken over by a powerful company...they start bringing in their own men...for more money...not only that...the men they have brought in are no better than you yet are on double the salary

you missed the part about leaving said company in the lurch and heading off down to a more fashionable london based company for a pay rise.

At 21million we snapped Chelseas hand off
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

true, however the stories in the MEN a couple of weeks before were "I'm staying put".
The Man In Blue

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:Its not about turning our backs on players just that he doesn't deserve a higher paid longer contract.

Ok...say if you worked for a small company since you were a kid...worked your way up the ranks...then suddenly the company gets taken over by a powerful company...they start bringing in their own men...for more money...not only that...the men they have brought in are no better than you yet are on double the salary

Would you not be pissed?

This is about parity...if fucking Robinho is worth 160,000 a week then Shaun should get his 100k or whatever he wants

What a load of fucking utter horsewank.

You need to return to the real world my friend. That is not how it works for anyone else in the real world. Shaun is very lucky that he gets to routinely re-negotiate his contract to achieve different terms/duration/remuneration but the fact is that he is in a shitty bargaining position because his form has been somewhere between OK and shit.

I love Shaun, I am not slating him but he DOES NOT DESERVE A FUCKING PAY RISE, nor does he currently warrant a longer deal. I can understand that he might be pissed off...but tough fucking shit, welcome to the real world.

If his form improves and he looks like he could be useful to us in 2 years plus time (ie when his deal actually is due to expire) then by all means reward him. But, for now, 60k per week is more than adequate.

EDIT: Just saw your final line...you are fucking potty....we owe the lad precisely fuck all. City are his employers and he is paid handsomely, he's loved by the fans...he wants to get his head down and work on his game and he'll definitely end his career here and be loved forever
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

true, however the stories in the MEN a couple of weeks before were "I'm staying put".

I'm sure he was gently persuaded otherwise...and to be honest...at the time...anyone else would have done the same

I'm not saying he's another Steve Bull...all I'm saying is in cumulative years he has done a lot for this club and should be recognised and rewarded as such

From what I gather he's not asking for the world...and it's his final contract...it's not like we cannot afford it

He's no Danny Mills
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Would you not be pissed?

I understand your point

But..

Sadly this isn't the same city it once was.. we have ambitions now, big ones and the question i keep asking myself is should we be giving shauny a new contract on the basis of legacy? I mean the guy was a legend here but if he's not cutting the mustard (and atm hes not), can we as an ambitious club really afford to keep a player on the books for 5-6 years when he realistically looks a shade of the legend we all remember ahead of bringing someone who could help further our ambitions better.

I'm thinking that probably the most sensible approach for the fans and the club would be to give him a new 3-4 year deal which is performance based, ala Patrick Vieira and from what i've read we've already done something along those lines and it's been flatly rejected.

Other than that i dont see sense in breaking our wage structure even further to give an out of form Shauny an even more rediculous wage that he's already on (i mean on 60,000 a week he's not exactly hard up is he) just for the sake of parity.

The guy is a legend but if he's not producing the goods i can't understand why we MUST increase his contract. It's seems a tad mental to me.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Burt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Dunny...City fucking legend...9 years service...4 years in a row player of the year...just before we sold him I had to read so much utter shite on here about a player who had given his all for this football club

Now I see Sweep coming into heavy critisism on here...the same pattern emerging...people saying he is past it...greedy for wanting to renegotiate his final career contract etc etc

Can't believe how people can just turn on players like that...especially players who have dedicated the vast proportion of their careers to the sky blue cause...makes me feel sick to my stomach

Never thought i'd see the day
by IanBishopsHaircut » 14 Mar 2010 20:23

When we were being berated for shit support my a bunch of mackems

What happened? I gather we didn't sell our allocation?

Pot and kettle springs to mind here my friend.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 am

ant london wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Would you not be pissed?

What a load of fucking utter horsewank.

You need to return to the real world my friend. That is not how it works for anyone else in the real world. Shaun is very lucky that he gets to routinely re-negotiate his contract to achieve different terms/duration/remuneration but the fact is that he is in a shitty bargaining position because his form has been somewhere between OK and shit.

I love Shaun, I am not slating him but he DOES NOT DESERVE A FUCKING PAY RISE, nor does he currently warrant a longer deal. I can understand that he might be pissed off...but tough fucking shit, welcome to the real world.

If his form improves and he looks like he could be useful to us in 2 years plus time (ie when his deal actually is due to expire) then by all means reward him. But, for now, 60k per week is more than adequate.

EDIT: Just saw your final line...you are fucking potty....we owe the lad precisely fuck all. City are his employers and he is paid handsomely, he's loved by the fans...he wants to get his head down and work on his game and he'll definitely end his career here and be loved forever

Nice well balanced reply as usual Ant...you're getting as bad as Dub for rants these days
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 am

Burt wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Dunny...City fucking legend...9 years service...4 years in a row player of the year...just before we sold him I had to read so much utter shite on here about a player who had given his all for this football club

Eh? I fail to see the connection between our poor support at Sunderland and people slagging off City legends after a dip in form?

Enlighten me?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am

Mate it is balanced....I completely agree with you in terms of people slating him. It's uncalled for and I do actually have faith in his ability to re-discover form.

BUT your points re him deserving a contract are deserving of a rant.

And I am not as bad as Dub....nowhere near. So up yours ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am

Our beloved Shaun loves the club and fans that much that he's got his kid playing for none other than the rags. THAT is how much he loves the club.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:06 am

ant london wrote:Mate it is balanced....I completely agree with you in terms of people slating him. It's uncalled for and I do actually have faith in his ability to re-discover form.

BUT your points re him deserving a contract are deserving of a rant.

And I am not as bad as Dub....nowhere near. So up yours ;-)

Just chill your beans mate ;-)

As you can see the original post was not about his contract...it was about people slating him...I just got sidetracked as usual!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Burt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:

Eh? I fail to see the connection between our poor support at Sunderland and people slagging off City legends after a dip in form?

Enlighten me?

Our support was NOT poor yesterday and quite a few of us told you that on your thread. To me, that looked like you were slagging off our fans and then you have the cheek to start this thread which is hypocritical.

I trust that you are now enlightened mate.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:22 am

Burt wrote:
Our support was NOT poor yesterday and quite a few of us told you that on your thread. To me, that looked like you were slagging off our fans and then you have the cheek to start this thread which is hypocritical.

I trust that you are now enlightened mate.

Have you been drinking?

I started that thread to ask if it was true after finding it on that sunderland forum?!?!

Slagging off our fans?!?!?!

Mate...I'm usually in that away support...not gonna slag myself off am I you muppet
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum