The Microcosm World of the fickle football fan...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Microcosm World of the fickle football fan...

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am

I don't think I owe him anything whatsoever. I supported him & cheered him on when he was a snot nosed kid at Platt Lane, argued his case against City fans who said he was shit (of which they were many) continued to cheer him on up to the day when he fucked off to Chelsea & made a fortune have cheered him on since he came back on astronomical wages & we rescued his flagging career.

Now he's not playing very well & may possibly not have a big part in our future if he doesn't shape up. Not my fault. Am I going to pretend he's playing better & worth more money? No chance. Hope he improves & forces City to pay him more by being invaluable. If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve a pay rise. That's life.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 am

The players you mention that are on twice as much as SWP are players who lifted the profile of the club, so they had to paid higher wages to bring them here. This will be the case until we have champions league to offer, then they will be paid slightly more to ward off rival clubs. When we start winning shit they will be offered the same as other clubs because they will actually want to come because they will have more success.

SWP is being paid a good wage that he would be unlikely to get anywhere else. As he improves, so will his wages.

Its quite simple.
Original Dub

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

No loyalty from fans or players. The whole "great relationship with the fans" thing is all PR bollocks.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Burt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:
Our support was NOT poor yesterday and quite a few of us told you that on your thread. To me, that looked like you were slagging off our fans and then you have the cheek to start this thread which is hypocritical.

I trust that you are now enlightened mate.

Have you been drinking?

I started that thread to ask if it was true after finding it on that sunderland forum?!?!

Slagging off our fans?!?!?!

Mate...I'm usually in that away support...not gonna slag myself off am I you muppet

The drinking quip was about as funnly as lung cancer mate.

Report this postReply with quote Re: Never thought i'd see the day
by IanBishopsHaircut » 14 Mar 2010 20:49

Burt wrote:
Strange post cos I heard plenty o singin from our crew most of the game.

Maybe they're that thick that they didn't hear it eh?

Very strange in the fact i've never heard us being slagged off for our away support ever...we usually have a very good and very vocal following

Does that last sentence not imply that we were poor yesterday? If it was meant in a different way then I apologise.

As for the calling me a muppet.......................FUCK OFF;o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Burt wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:
Our support was NOT poor yesterday and quite a few of us told you that on your thread. To me, that looked like you were slagging off our fans and then you have the cheek to start this thread which is hypocritical.

I trust that you are now enlightened mate.

Have you been drinking?

I started that thread to ask if it was true after finding it on that sunderland forum?!?!

Slagging off our fans?!?!?!

Mate...I'm usually in that away support...not gonna slag myself off am I you muppet

The drinking quip was about as funnly as lung cancer mate.

Report this postReply with quote Re: Never thought i'd see the day
by IanBishopsHaircut » 14 Mar 2010 20:49

Burt wrote:
Strange post cos I heard plenty o singin from our crew most of the game.

Maybe they're that thick that they didn't hear it eh?

Very strange in the fact i've never heard us being slagged off for our away support ever...we usually have a very good and very vocal following

Does that last sentence not imply that we were poor yesterday? If it was meant in a different way then I apologise.

As for the calling me a muppet.......................FUCK OFF;o)

Burt that has to go down as the worst misinterpretation of a thread in history hahahaha
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby shawzy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 pm

ant london wrote:What a load of fucking utter horsewank.

PMSL
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Agree with OP, was absolutely disgusted with the stick on here and other boards aimed at SWP. He has never annoyed me because he is on the pitch to run at defenders, not even Lionel Messi will beat his man every time so I don't think it's fair to expect SWP to. Sometimes he goes past the 90% of the time, sometimes maybe only once or twice he is a great player and so important for the club. And I don't understand people vindicating him for going to Chelsea, Man City were going nowhere in back then and you can't blame a player for taking a serious opportunity to win trophies. He came back before the takeover when he could have gone to Everton so he loves the club.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sandman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

colonel_muck wrote:Agree with OP, was absolutely disgusted with the stick on here and other boards aimed at SWP. He has never annoyed me because he is on the pitch to run at defenders, not even Lionel Messi will beat his man every time so I don't think it's fair to expect SWP to. Sometimes he goes past the 90% of the time, sometimes maybe only once or twice he is a great player and so important for the club. And I don't understand people vindicating him for going to Chelsea, Man City were going nowhere in back then and you can't blame a player for taking a serious opportunity to win trophies. He came back before the takeover when he could have gone to Everton so he loves the club.

He came back because City offered Chelsea more money than Everton did, the club didnt find out about the take over days after SWP returned, they knew weeks, possibly months before.

SWP has loyalty to SWP, not to City, he proved his lack of allegiance by leaving and only came back because he had proven to be a flop in the top 4, fair do's he looked good before he left in a side worthy of nothing more than a relegation battle but is not good enough now let alone when we're where we want to be / will be!!.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 pm

ant london wrote:I love Shaun, I am not slating him but he DOES NOT DESERVE A FUCKING PAY RISE, nor does he currently warrant a longer deal. I can understand that he might be pissed off...but tough fucking shit, welcome to the real world.

Correct.

Petrov has produced more than SWP this season and he is getting the boot by the looks of things.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm

So because Sweep is a legend constructive criticism is not allowed get over yerself bish.He does not deserve a new contract the way he is playing and that is a fact even in your blue tinted world mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:22 am

gillie wrote:So because Sweep is a legend constructive criticism is not allowed get over yerself bish.He does not deserve a new contract the way he is playing and that is a fact even in your blue tinted world mate.

SAME COULD BE SAID OF IRELAND WHO IMO WILL BE OFFLOADED THIS SUMMER.
ACTUALLY WHAT IS THE DEAL ON IRELANDS CONTRACT?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:So because Sweep is a legend constructive criticism is not allowed get over yerself bish.He does not deserve a new contract the way he is playing and that is a fact even in your blue tinted world mate.

SAME COULD BE SAID OF IRELAND WHO IMO WILL BE OFFLOADED THIS SUMMER.
ACTUALLY WHAT IS THE DEAL ON IRELANDS CONTRACT?

Think he signed a brand spanker at the end of last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 am

Personally if I was paid 60 or 100 grand a week you can give me all the stick you want. It goes with the territory guys, if you dont perform on the football pitch you get criticised by fans who pay a lot of money AND love the club, usually far more than any player except Mike Doyle.

Added to that the cheek of asking for a pay rise.

IBH I cant understand people who let a player live forever on what he did last year, the year before, 5 years ago. Just like the Dippers' 'Rafa won us the Champions League' x years ago nonsense.

This is the top of the Premier League, not some Sunday football social club. It is hard.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bobadji » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:32 am

I'm with Gillie on this one. SWP is being slated because he's playing fucking terrible. Dunne got slated towards the end of his career because he was playing fucking terrible. If we want to finish 4th, we can't carry any passengers, legends or not.
bobadji

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 am

bobadji wrote:I'm with Gillie on this one. SWP is being slated because he's playing fucking terrible.

He's going through a bad patch that is all...the talent/skill is there...and every player has a dip in form...he has all the qualities needed for a top 4 team

May I remind you of the 4th goal along the touchline in our 4-1 demolition of the rags....sweet ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby bobadji » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
bobadji wrote:I'm with Gillie on this one. SWP is being slated because he's playing fucking terrible.

He's going through a bad patch that is all...the talent/skill is there...and every player has a dip in form...he has all the qualities needed for a top 4 team

May I remind you of the 4th goal along the touchline in our 4-1 demolition of the rags....sweet ;-)

I understand were you are coming from mate, but that goal was a fair whack ago. He's scored some crackers this season too mind, the league cup one against Arsenal being a stand out memory. My point is, if we want to get to the top, we need to get rid of some of the sentiment (is this the right word? I'm crap with words) we hold for "legends". Since he's come back from yet another injury, he simply hasn't been good enough.
bobadji

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby ant london » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

do you mean the one under Keegan when Fowler, Sinclair and Macken also scored (I think)

yeah that was a while ago....you donut!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum