Johnson's Tuesday B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Johnson's Tuesday B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 am

ADAM JOHNSON IS THE BOLLOX
Mancini warns City's big names: Johnson is my rising star
Roberto Mancini has warned established duo Craig Bellamy and Shaun Wright-Phillips they are under threat from rising star Adam Johnson.
Johnson came off the bench to score a majestic 90th minute equaliser in Sunday's 1-1 draw at Sunderland, which salvaged Manchester City a vital point in the race for fourth spot.
And with Wright-Phillips in the middle of a contract dispute with City and Bellamy frequently missing through injury, Mancini backed Johnson to seize his chance to shine.
Mancini said: "Adam knows he has a battle on his hands to start in our team because I have two very experienced, very good players competing with him in Bellamy and Wright-Phillips.
"As a manager, it's a good problem to have because all three players know they will have to be at the top of their game to win selection.
"I thought Bellamy and Wright-Phillips did well [against Sunderland], but Johnson changed the game for us. I was very happy with his contribution and I think there's much more to come from him."
City have nine games left this season and with six of them at home, Joleon Lescott said Mancini's men were in pole position to clinch fourth spot.
"Home form will be hugely important," said Lescott. "We can't take anything for granted but we've been good at home this season.
"We feel we lost two points at Sunderland because we missed so many chances to score in the second-half but we still feel we're in the driving seat in the race for fourth."

Manchester City star Adam Johnson admits: I'm delighted to break duck but wish I hadn't done it against my first love Sunderland
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

David Beckham's injury opens the England door for Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson is likely to come into the England reckoning following David Beckham's injury but Fabio Capello's main concern is Aaron Lennon's fitness.
The move by Johnson to Manchester City has improved his chances of selection and the left-footed winger, who can also play on the right, could force his way into contention for the 30-strong provisional squad for South Africa.
At present, however, Capello believes it is too early for Johnson, although he has earmarked the 22 year-old as a possibility for his squad after this summer's tournament. That could change if England suffer further injuries and if Joe Cole fails to regain his form at Chelsea.
Johnson is the player in form. He has not been daunted by his hefty £7 million price tag and gave a timely reminder of his qualities at Sunderland last Sunday, when his wonderful late shot earned City a point.
Lennon, however, is the major worry. He has not played for Tottenham Hotspur since the end of December following a groin injury with Spurs manager Harry Redknapp admitting he does not know when the winger will make his comeback. The concern is the scar tissue around the original wound.
Capello wants to take Lennon and Theo Walcott to South Africa with Shaun Wright-Phillips a possibility as Steven Gerrard's understudy on the left flank.
James Milner, who is versatile enough to play a number of roles, is a certainty for the squad while another player rated highly by Capello is Milner's Aston Villa team-mate Stewart Downing. Now that he is fit again, Downing is also is staking a claim.
Beckham was to be included to provide cover in central midfield as well as on the right. Now that he is unavailable, Capello will have to reconsider his options.

The agent of Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has dismissed rumours linking the 32-year-old with a move to Manchester City. Silvano Martina told calciomercato.il that Buffon "is very annoyed" about the rumours "because they are baseless." imscouting.com

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham hope to complete the £6.5m capture of 21-year-old midfielder Sandro from Brazilian side Internacional by the end of the week. (Various)

Ex-Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon believes that his former club are obsessed with trying to prise England striker Wayne Rooney away from Manchester United and thinks the Spanish club will make a bid soon. Independent

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.socceram.com/soccerettes/0,2 ... 52,00.html

OTHER BOLLOX
England boss Fabio Capello has told David Beckham he can still travel with the World Cup squad this summer, despite being ruled out of the tournament through injury. The midfielder had an operation on Monday on the Achilles tendon he ruptured playing for AC Milan on Sunday, which will keep him out for at least three months.The Sun

As well as backing midfielder James Milner for a place in Capello's World Cup squad, Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill believes two of his other midfields, Ashley Young and Stewart Downing, are capable of 'playing very well indeed' in the right-sided midfield role that is up for grabs in the England squad after David Beckham's injury blow. Daily Mail

Mark Hughes has already turned down the Hull City job but chairman Adam Pearson hopes a face-to-face meeting with the former Manchester City boss will persuade the Welshman to change his mind. Daily Mail

Alternatively, the man Hull want to lead their fight against relegation is former England boss Terry Venables, who answered a similar crisis call from Middlesbrough nine years ago and saved them from the drop. The Sun

The Tigers could turn to former Crystal Palace and QPR manager Iain Dowie on a short-term deal. The Times

Veteran Burnley goalkeeper Brian Jensen, 34, has opened talks over a new two-and-a-half-year deal at Turf Moor. Daily Mail

Portsmouth manager Avram Grant will leave Fratton Park in the summer after being 'worn down' by false promises at the crisis-hit south-coast club. Daily Mirror

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez believes the poor performance of defender Gary Caldwell in the 4-0 loss at Bolton on Saturday is down top him becoming a new dad. "He is a father and has a newborn baby, sometimes that can affect you," said Martinez. Daily Mirror

Boxer and Bolton fan Amir Khan has revealed his part in the Trotter's recent revival by giving the club's players a pep talk and showing them his WBA light-welterweight belt. Wanderers have won three of their last four matches. Daily Mirror

LESLIE BOLLOX
Hull hope ex-Manchester City manager Mark Hughes falls to temptation in quest to replace sacked boss Phil Brown
Hull chairman Adam Pearson is planning to meet Mark Hughes for one last ambitious attempt to convince the former Manchester City manager to save the club from relegation.
Pearson is likely to fail - Sportsmail understands Hughes has already turned down the job offer - but he wants to try the personal touch as he looks for a successor to Phil Brown, who was sacked on Monday.
Hughes, who has recently watched Arsenal and Real Madrid on Champions League scouting trips, is believed to have his eyes on bigger jobs in England, but Pearson wants to hear it from him face-to-face.
Hull hope Hughes can be tempted, even on a short-term deal until the end of the season with a massive bonus for staving off relegation.
The news emerged just as it looked as if former Bolton manager Gary Megson, who was in hospital with kidney stones on Monday, would be taking over the hot seat.
However, the £1million transfer fee to be paid to Bolton, who are still paying his wages, is putting off Hull.
Iain Dowie, Paul Jewell and Doncaster's highly rated manager Sean O'Driscoll were other contenders, although Alan Curbishley has been ruled out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0iKM874aW
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Johnson's Tuesday B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 am

Now I know Bobby is mischievous at his press conferences!

"I thought Bellamy and Wright-Phillips did well [against Sunderland], but Johnson changed the game for us. I was very happy with his contribution and I think there's much more to come from him."

Good these journalists. I thought we had 10 games left myself, it's hardly rocket science is it? Wonder how much these drunken hacks get paid?:

City have nine games left this season and with six of them at home, Joleon Lescott said Mancini's men were in pole position to clinch fourth spot.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:37 am

john@staustell wrote:Now I know Bobby is mischievous at his press conferences!

Good these journalists. I thought we had 10 games left myself, it's hardly rocket science is it? Wonder how much these drunken hacks get paid?:

You can add:

"He has not been daunted by his hefty £7 million price tag...."

A whole £7 Million!!! WOW! How much did Lescott and RSC cost us?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ant london » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 am

john@staustell wrote:Good these journalists. I thought we had 10 games left myself, it's hardly rocket science is it? Wonder how much these drunken hacks get paid?:

To be fair John...if you go on the OS it shows that we have 9 left

Obviously it is unrealistic of anyone to expect one of these very overworked journalists to cross reference that with the "games played" figure (hidden in all those sneaky PL tables) showing 28 played.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm

oOOOOhhhhhhhh
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not interested in joining Manchester City at the end of the season and is becoming "very annoyed" with the constant transfer speculation.
Buffon has been linked with a £25 million move to the Premier League side, who are reportedly ready to make a bid for the Italian international after this summer's World Cup.
But Buffon's agent is adamant that there will be no move. "There is no way Buffon will be leaving Juventus for City," Silvano Martina told Corriere dello Sport. "These links are pure speculations. And Buffon himself is very annoyed by them."
City have been big spenders in the transfer market over the past couple of years, taking prominent international players like Robinho, Carlos Tevez, Patrick Vieira and Roque Santa Cruz to Eastlands.
Buffon is under contract until June 2013 and, although he is out injured at the moment, he should return to action later this month.
"By the end of March he will be ready to play," added Martina. "The Bianconeri won't force him to speed up his recovery, even though Alexander Manninger is also out injured."

Real Madrid are eyeing a summer move for Wayne Rooney as part of their "new plan" for next season, according to Spanish newspaper ABC. (AFP news agency)

Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli may leave the Italian club this summer, with both Arsenal and Manchester City rumoured to be interested in his signature. imscouting

Juventus are set to make an audacious bid for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, according to Italian Turin based newspaper Tuttosport.imscouting

Real Madrid are eyeing Chelsea's left-sided England defender Ashley Cole to boost their back line for next season, according to Madrid based newspaper Marca. (AFP news agency)

WIN A CRATE OF BEER BOLLOX!!!
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... -city-fans
How the Competition Works: All you need to do to be in with the chance of winning a free crate of beer courtesy of FootbTransferTavern.com is to upload a short video of the team talk that you would give the current England football team and post a link to it in our comments section below, or just write some words of inspiration.
As the official beer of The England football team, Carlsberg are giving England fans the chance to get behind The England team by recording a rousing team talk to motivate them. The lucky winner will get some free refreshments for the summer’s footy action.
When making your video is to make sure that you’re passionate, make it personal, be dedicated, be motivating, be clear and end on a high, remembering that if it’s worth saying once then it’s worth saying again! For more info visit http://www.englandteamtalk.com.
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... -city-fans
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum