Training Wednesday 17/3

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Wednesday 17/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 pm

The word was a double session today so I went along quite early expecting fitness work in the morning and football in the afternoon.
The early starters were Vieira,Garrido,NDJ and Barry and then AJ but after about 2 minutes " exercise" AJ went in and the other 4 played head tennis. Ten minutes later and Ade,RSC,SWP,Micah,Tevez came out and did their 2 minutes before going in along with the head tennis players and that was that!
Brian Kidd had watched for a few minutes and said they would be out later but all in all it was lot of nothing.As I left Bellers came out for a few minutes of very light work watched by Mancini but they then disappeared.

So the info I got was only half right in saying there were 2 sessions but I have no doubt the majority of the morning stuff was done inside. Disapointing but c'est la vie.
Hopefully it will be a good afternoon session and then it will be like watching a full match. A first half where they don't really turn up and then a good second half performance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 17/3

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 pm

What you going to do when they move training to Clay Town Doug? You gonna soldier it?
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:What you going to do when they move training to Clay Town Doug? You gonna soldier it?

Go on I'll bite but what/where is Clay Town?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:What you going to do when they move training to Clay Town Doug? You gonna soldier it?

Clayton. Where the new training ground will be.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Doh! That's so far in the distance its not worth thinking about but my guess would be that nobody would be allowed close a bit like the swamp boys training facility.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Kladze » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Doh! That's so far in the distance its not worth thinking about but my guess would be that nobody would be allowed close a bit like the swamp boys training facility.

All the more reason why DOUG NEEDS A BLOODY PASS !!
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:57 pm

Kladze wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

All the more reason why DOUG NEEDS A BLOODY PASS !!

Absobloodylutely.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm

So onto phase 2 for today and everyone was out at around 2pm bar the known injuries.Petrov might start training this week.After some keep ball circles and general warm ups they split into 3 groups. 2 to play in 7 a side games and the other team to go off and work with Mancini on a full pitch.

Interestingly the first group Mancini worked with was all about attacking and was AJ,Tevez,RSC,Bellers plus Barry and Vieira in central midfield.Whether that's thefront part of the 4.4.2 formation for the next game who knows.Good to see anyway they worked entirely on pass and move stuff with everything ending with an attempt on goal.The final group Mancini worked with was the defensive group and mostly focussed on their shape as the ball was switched from side to side.

In the 7 a side the stand out player I noticed was Barry who seemed to be constantly on the end of moves and finishing really well.Conversely Tevez was playing strangely deep and only shooting from distance when he got a chance.Good to see SWP put away some good ones and RSC scoring a few late on and he even survived being clattered by Zaba as he scored one goal.

One funny moment when NDJ cut out a cross ball meant for Bellers and as he was lining up to shoot Bellers shouted " let him shoot" NDJ proceded to miss by a long way! Shortly after that though Nigel scored two excellent goals in quick succession. AJ showed some nice touches and looked very much at home but I am not sure about the boots he was wearing. Sort of purple and pink!

I think I have mentioned before our doc who at times I have seen doing keep ups and most recently lapping the field as part of his own fitness regime.Today in between the 7 a side games he decided to have a go at leap frogging a dustbin that is out by the side of the pitch.Not surprisingly he didnt quite make it and it was sent clattering over to everyone's amusement. Ade thought it was hilarious so showed him how it should be done jumping it with ease closely followed by SWP and the keeper Gonzales. Gunnar Nielsen ran at it but thought better of it which was probably a good idea as he might have injured himself.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:32 pm

great report Doug

would i be correct in suggesting barry and Vieira would be the most creative duo we have at the mo ?.

was barry playing behind Vieira did you notice?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Let's hope that could mean a 4-4-2 formation at Fulham, with 2 attacking wingers and only 2 "defensive" midfielders. Fingers are well and truly crossed
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Can see Paddy starting against Fulham alongside De Jong and Barry. Tevez up front with AJ and Bellers. Garrido at LB or Lescott at a pinch with Toure alongside Kompany.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Thank's Doug. Good to hear we're still working on attacking, for all the 1st half faults it's definitely getting there 2nd half.

Bellamy: "Let him shoot" brilliant.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 pm

brite blu sky wrote:great report Doug

would i be correct in suggesting barry and Vieira would be the most creative duo we have at the mo ?.

No doubt if you are looking at the most creative it would still have to be Ireland. I would probably say Barry next but that's because I havent really seen anything of Vieira yet.I like Barry when he gets forward as he makes intelligent runs and gets into good areas but actually on the ball he isn't in Ireland's league.When working with Mancini Ireland was very often and very typically getting into the box on the end of the crosses.

The movements of the players was quite fluid from what I saw and I wouldnt say one was in front of the other.If they are to be just 2 central midfielders maybe there won't be one sitting all the time but I think it would be Barry if there was.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

No doubt if you are looking at the most creative it would still have to be Ireland. I would probably say Barry next but that's because I havent really seen anything of Vieira yet.I like Barry when he gets forward as he makes intelligent runs and gets into good areas but actually on the ball he isn't in Ireland's league.When working with Mancini Ireland was very often and very typically getting into the box on the end of the crosses.

The movements of the players was quite fluid from what I saw and I wouldnt say one was in front of the other.If they are to be just 2 central midfielders maybe there won't be one sitting all the time but I think it would be Barry if there was.

yeah sorry i meant not taking Ireland into account as he is not getting picked for some reason.

i could see Barry and Vieira working tbh, but would imagine that Barry would have to be the one prepared to do DeJong's role if it was just the two of them. As a game went on he might then get some leeway to be able to interchange with PV and so get some froward runs in.
For some reason i like the sound of this
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:15 am

brite blu sky wrote:

yeah sorry i meant not taking Ireland into account as he is not getting picked for some reason.

i could see Barry and Vieira working tbh, but would imagine that Barry would have to be the one prepared to do DeJong's role if it was just the two of them. As a game went on he might then get some leeway to be able to interchange with PV and so get some froward runs in.

Cos he's not playing well mate. End of.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Dough,
I would be extremely gratefull and intrigued, if You could put a special eye on that issue.
Particurlarly if - shadowing or not - some kind of tactical work is deemed to enhance Stevie attitude to step up the ball carrier and dictate the pass through the lines...
I think it would be interesting not only to me... :-)

I take the occasion to thank You once again for the valuable work You do with Your feedbacks.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Cos he's not playing well mate. End of.

well yes there is that slight prob, but then i get the sense there is more to it with Stevie.. something like his desire to freerange and get into interesting positions, is basically not what Mancini wants right now. As if Stevie is being asked to do certain things that go against his natural instincts.. resulting in him getting caught between the two and often looking lost.
Annyways thats why i wrote for some reason.. i think everyone at City would agree that Ireland is the most creative player we have, i think it is obvious.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Geo123 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:

I dont even know what you are really asking doug for here mate??

Dough,
I would be extremely gratefull and intrigued, if You could put a special eye on that issue.
Particurlarly if - shadowing or not - some kind of tactical work is deemed to enhance Stevie attitude to step up the ball carrier and dictate the pass through the lines...
I think it would be interesting not only to me... :-)

I take the occasion to thank You once again for the valuable work You do with Your feedbacks.
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Return to The Maine Football forum