City lead Martinez chase

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City lead Martinez chase

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Jorge Martinez's agent claims to be in contact with Manchester City and one other English club.

The Catania striker has seen his future become a hot topic of conversation over recent weeks, after a number of eye-catching showings in Serie A.

He further underlined his class with a staring role in Catania's recent 3-1 win over reigning champions Inter Milan, helping to bring him to the attention of a European audience.

The Uruguayan is now tipped to be on his way out of Stadio Angelo Massimino over the summer, with interest in his services hotting up.

Manchester City are already known to be admirers of his talent, while his representative has revealed that another Premier League club is also in the running.

"Many Italian clubs have expressed an interest in Jorge, but the only negotiation at the moment is with Manchester City," Daniel Delgado told calciomercato.it.

"There is also another English team seriously interested.

"We're talking about a player who can play in four or five positions and I don't understand why more top Italian clubs have not taken note.

"We have all seen what he did to Inter, but I fear once again Italy is ignoring a great player.

"He would like to stay in Italy with a top team, but at the moment it is more likely he will go to England."

skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: City lead Martinez chase

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Can't believe we'd go for Martinez. What we gonna do with Mancio?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dronny » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Jorge Martinez's agent claims to be in contact with Manchester City and one other English club.

The Catania striker has seen his future become a hot topic of conversation over recent weeks, after a number of [eye-catching showings in Serie A.

He further underlined his class with a staring role in Catania's recent 3-1 win over reigning champions Inter Milan, helping to bring him to the attention of a European audience.

The Uruguayan is now tipped to be on his way out of Stadio Angelo Massimino over the summer, with interest in his services hotting up.

Manchester City are already known to be admirers of his talent, while his representative has revealed that another Premier League club is also in the running.

"Many Italian clubs have expressed an interest in Jorge, but the only negotiation at the moment is with Manchester City," Daniel Delgado told calciomercato.it.

"There is also another English team seriously interested.

"We're talking about a player who can play in four or five positions and I don't understand why more top Italian clubs have not taken note.

"We have all seen what he did to Inter, but I fear once again Italy is ignoring a great player.

"He would like to stay in Italy with a top team, but at the moment it is more likely he will go to England."

skysports.com

Is he a mad, scary fucler then?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:38 am

we need one more scary talented midget South American striker why exactly?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Esky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 am

Anyone else find the agent completely irritating? If Martinez is good enough (or proves consistent enough) then the interest will surely come from the more established Italian clubs. Until it does, or until due process is completed with a club abroad, shut the fuck up and leave the player to do the work for his current club.

I know we all see the dollar signs but there's a difference between 'yes, we are in negotiation about Jorge's future' and 'He's a greater player, I don't understand why more top Italian clubs haven't taken note'.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am

Esky wrote:Anyone else find the agent completely irritating? If Martinez is good enough (or proves consistent enough) then the interest will surely come from the more established Italian clubs. Until it does, or until due process is completed with a club abroad, shut the fuck up and leave the player to do the work for his current club.

I know we all see the dollar signs but there's a difference between 'yes, we are in negotiation about Jorge's future' and 'He's a greater player, I don't understand why more top Italian clubs haven't taken note'.

There's not grain of truth in that mate. Just some desperate agent trying to stir things up to get better deal. This is Championship quality player at best we are talking about here.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Esky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Esky wrote:Anyone else find the agent completely irritating? If Martinez is good enough (or proves consistent enough) then the interest will surely come from the more established Italian clubs. Until it does, or until due process is completed with a club abroad, shut the fuck up and leave the player to do the work for his current club.

There's not grain of truth in that mate. Just some desperate agent trying to stir things up to get better deal. This is Championship quality player at best we are talking about here.

Never really heard of him before the other day. As far as I could tell Inter imploded in that game (thanks mainly to Muntari) and Martinez got a decent goal at the end to seal it. Good to know it's bollocks.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby ant london » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:20 am

Look at that fucking barnet....

Samaras
Corradi
Mpenza
Bianchi
Caicedo
Martinez

no thanks
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm

ant london wrote:Look at that fucking barnet....

Samaras
Corradi
Mpenza
Bianchi
Caicedo
Martinez

no thanks

Hahaha nicely put.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze