Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:46 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Celtic's hopes of hanging on to on-loan striker Robbie Keane may be over with Aston Villa targeting a £9m summer move for the Tottenham player. Daily Mirror

Alternatively, Villa could make a move for Wigan's £15m-rated Hugo Rodallega. Daily Mail

Celtic could be interested in signing QPR's Argentine midfielder Alejandro Faurlin in the summer.Daily Mirror

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has assured Carlo Ancelotti he will keep his job as manager and he will bankroll a summer spending spree of up to £140m. Daily Mirror

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko wants to help them secure a Champions League place but admits he may not still be at the club next season. Daily Mail

Liverpool winger Albert Riera has launched an astonishing attack on manager Rafa Benitez, saying "his dialogue with the players is practically zero." goal.com

West Ham risk upsetting some of their big-name players after withholding image rights payments as part of a tax investigation.The Guardian

Aaron Lennon could give Tottenham and England a welcome boost by returning from his groin muscle injury for the game with Chelsea on 17 April. Daily Mail

more later ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Celtic's hopes of hanging on to on-loan striker Robbie Keane may be over with Aston Villa targeting a £9m summer move for the Tottenham player. Daily Mirror

That was never going to be more than a temporary loan as he's far too good a player to be playing regularly at "Championship" level
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 am

Poor Bollox that this morning Chinners...No City Bollox at all?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Poor Bollox that this morning Chinners...No City Bollox at all?!

Early days still!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 am

I'm hoping he's giving us a typical current City performance. Shite in the first half but one hell of a second
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 am

If he feels anything like me today the bollox will be shriveled.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 am

Could Manchester City be lured by Jose Mourinho's seduction line?
By Matt Barlow
Last updated at 11:36 PM on 17th March 2010

On Tuesday, the visiting manager might as well have had ‘Jose For Hire’ emblazoned across the back of his designer overcoat.

In the end, Jose Mourinho settled for dropping a grenade into his post-match comments. ‘Who knows?’ he wondered aloud to hundreds of reporters. ‘In future I may coach another English team and come here again as an opponent.’

Mr Cool: Jose Mourinho command the attention of everyone in the build up to the crunch Champions League clash with his former employers

The Portuguese coach has been plotting ever since December 18, when the draw for the last 16 of the Champions League pitted his Inter Milan side against Chelsea, the club who fired him despite unprecedented success.

Winning the tie would be vital in preserving the legend constructed around the Special One and he would give it the attention it deserved.

First, on the attack: flying into London to watch Chelsea’s derby at home to Fulham, he explained he had attended in order to dilute the emotion of his competitive return a couple of months later. Smart forward thinking.

Then a defensive move: a reminder this was roughly the same team he had left behind at Stamford Bridge in September 2007: same players, same system, same set-plays, same warm-up even. Ensure a share of the credit either way.

Positive again: emphasising his powers of preparation with details of how he watched the first leg seven times, frame-by-frame.

All of which would be useless without the killer touch: a tactical switch to prove those hours spent with the DVD player and a thumb poised over the pause button had been well spent.

He beat Chelsea, well and truly beat them, on their own ground.

Beneath all the gloss, Mourinho is a very good manager and, if anyone had missed his stroke of genius, he explained how he changed Inter’s formation to use three strikers spread across the width of the pitch and make life uncomfortable for Chelsea full backs.

‘Our full backs were blocked,’ said Michael Ballack as he searched for reasons why Inter had been so dominant.

There are those in Italy who suspect he let matters drift on the domestic front while planning Chelsea’s downfall. Inter have won just one of their last five Serie A games, although their lead was so impressive they remain a point clear at the top, seeking a fifth title in a row.

More intriguing is the fact that Mourinho’s 2010 has been littered familiar skirmishes with referees, the Italian FA, the media and rival coaches. He received a three-match touchline ban for a handcuffs gesture in a game against Sampdoria, thought to infer he was being victimised by officials. Two Inter players were sent off during the game and two more were later banned for a rumble in the tunnel.

It will trigger flashbacks for those at the FA who remember the regular disciplinary stories surrounding Chelsea and their players intimidating referees.

The dark side of Mourinho was in evidence on Tuesday, as he and his team put the officials under pressure with a stream of appeals, complaints and careful body language.

Inter’s fans adore him — they sang his name long into the night. So do the players.

‘The coach did a wonderful job by choosing the best possible tactics to beat them,’ said keeper Julio Cesar. ‘We went on the pitch without fear and showed everyone how strong and united our group is.’

Club president Massimo Moratti will not let Mourinho go without a fight after removing Roberto Mancini at great expense to take the Portuguese to the San Siro.

‘I hope he can continue with us for a very long time,’ said Moratti after the victory at Chelsea.

The rest of Italy, however, is growing tired of his posturing and suspect that he is manoeuvring for the exit by employing his seduction techniques on the English and Spanish press through the medium of the Champions League.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez was quick to deny any interest in luring him to the Bernabeu Stadium. This may change but the Barclays Premier League have the look of his favourite destination this summer.

The idea of reviving Liverpool as a world power appeals, but not at a time when the club is riddled with problems and, although Manchester United is a job he covets, it is across the city at Eastlands where Mourinho could soon find himself following again in the wake of Mancini.

He does not come cheap, but that is not a problem for Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour.

If he can win Inter’s first European Cup for 45 years and walk away from the club, as he did after winning the same trophy with Porto, it would play to Mourinho’s sense of theatre.

On the eve of his return to Stamford Bridge, he confessed his only regret was not walking out on his own terms after winning the FA Cup in 2007, his fifth major trophy in three years at the club.

After the events of the last few days, plenty at Chelsea would have him back. As the dust settled on his triumphant return, even some of those employed by the club could be heard bemoaning the decision to let him leave.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0iWcsLEKj
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Good old Riera:
Riera hits out at Benitez

Thu Mar 18 2010 11:12:17

Albert Riera has hit out at Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez after voicing his frustration at his situation at Anfield.

The Spain international also revealed he has had offers from two Russian teams as he contemplates his future.

Riera, who joined Liverpool from Espanyol in 2008, has largely been a bit-part player for the Reds this season and has made just two appearances since January, both of which were in the Europa League.

Even Liverpool's indifferent recent form, which has seen them win just four of their last eight competitive matches, has not persuaded Benitez to call on Riera more, and the winger admits he is in the dark as to why that is the case.

He was quoted as saying on Radio Marca: "When the coach says nothing to you and you are well, with no physical problems and training well, you cannot help but think it must be something personal.

"If I'm doing something badly and you are my boss, and you value me, then you are going to come and tell me what I have to do to play again. This is what hurts me."

He added: "You see that the team are not doing well and there are no changes. It's a little frustrating because you see that you can help.

"I've been here two years and I know how he (Benitez) is. He's never sorted out a situation with a player by talking with him. He thinks he's in charge and everything else falls on deaf ears. His dialogue with the players is practically nil," added the 27-year-old, who also likened Liverpool to a "sinking ship".
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry . . . bonkers day, cheers for chipping in!

PROPER TRANSFER BOLLOX
Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinze Rumenigge insists that the German giants that they will not be forced into selling Franck Ribery if the France midfielder turns down a contract extension. Sky Sports

West Brom are looking to bring in a loan striker to cover for Roman Bednar as the Czech striker recovers from a thigh injury. Birmingham Mail

Tottenham playmaker Adel Taarabt, currently on loan at QPR, has claimed that he should have joined Arsenal rather than Spurs when he first moved to England from French side Lens. Evening Standard

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has sanctioned a £50m bid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres. Daily Mirror

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has been assured that he will keep his job, despite a clear-out of the playing staff that will result in midfielders Joe Cole and Deco heading through the Stamford Bridge exit. Daily Mirror

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas could be one of the new arrivals at Chelsea having fallen out of favour with the Bernabeu hierarchy. imscouting.com

Manchester City are one of two English clubs to have opened negotiations with Catania over a possible move for the Italian club's striker Jorge Martinez according to the player's agent. imscouting.com

Celtic's hopes of hanging on to on-loan striker Robbie Keane may be over, with Aston Villa targeting a £9m summer move for the Tottenham player. Daily Mirror

Alternatively, Villa could make a move for Wigan's £15m-rated forward Hugo Rodallega. Daily Mail

Juventus president Jean Claude Blanc has quashed Arsenal's hopes of reviving a bid for midfield anchorman Felipe Melo. (The Sun)

Celtic may be interested in signing QPR's Argentine midfielder Alejandro Faurlin in the summer. Daily Mirror

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko wants to help Spurs secure a Champions League place but admits he may not be at the club next season. Daily Mail

Palermo centre-back Simon Kjaer has invited Liverpool and Manchester United to make a big-money approach to back up their reported interest.Daily Mail

OLD SKOOL WAG OF THE DAY
[youtube]bVmzbx4pkKA[/youtube]
OTHER BOLLOX

Liverpool winger Albert Riera has hit out at manager Rafael Benitez and said: "His dialogue with the players is practically zero." Riera also branded the Reds a "sinking ship".Marca (in Spanish)

Real Madrid have included Benitez on a four-man shortlist to replace manager Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season. Inter Milan's Jose Mourinho, Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti and England's Fabio Capello are the other names. imscouting.com

In the wake of their Champions League defeat by Inter Milan, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich challenged his players to prove they are worth their pay packets and threatened manager Carlo Ancelotti with the sack unless he wins the Premier League title. Daily Mail

The Glazer family are weighing up another round of refinancing to stave off the challenge to their ownership of Manchester United posed by a group of businessmen dubbed the Red Knights.The Times

Liverpool's American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have been given three weeks to decide whether to accept an investment offer of £100m from the New York-based Rhone Group. The Independent

Prospective Portsmouth owner Rob Lloyd remains optimistic he can clinch a deal for the troubled club, despite administrator Andrew Andronikou's doubts over the group he fronts. The Telegraph

Celtic could play Scotland in a testimonial match at Parkhead on 16 May for injured Hoops defender John Kennedy. (Daily Record)

West Ham risk upsetting some of their big-name players after withholding image rights payments as part of a tax investigation.
The Guardian

Aaron Lennon could give Tottenham and England a welcome boost by returning from his groin injury for the game against Chelsea on 17 April. Daily Mail

Rap star P Diddy is considering a bid to buy struggling Championship club Crystal Palace. The American musician and business mogul is in the market for an English football team and has set his sights on the Eagles after running the rule over cash-strapped Portsmouth.
The Sun

Fulham forward Bobby Zamora believes that age is catching up with Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro and that he might find some success against the 36-year-old in their Europa League second-leg match on Thursday evening.
The Independent

Reading defender Matt Mills has apologised to Reading fans after making an abusive gesture at them in reaction to barracking during the Royals' 1-0 win over QPR on Tuesday.
The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum