Patrick ready to rock for the run in

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Patrick ready to rock for the run in

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Patrick Vieira is looking forward to taking on Fulham this weekend and feels he is approaching somewhere near his peak form.

The French midfielder looked in great shape during his second-half cameo against Sunderland where he dominated the final half-hour with a typically commanding performance.

“When I first arrived at City I knew it would take a little time to get back to match fitness,” said Vieira.

"The three-game suspension obviously
didn’t help things, but I enjoyed the 30
minutes or so I had at Sunderland and
I’m looking forward to the remaining
games."

Vieira believes Sunday’s clash with Fulham will be another difficult hurdle as the Blues continue their bid for Champions League football.

“I’ve watched Fulham a few times this season, particularly when they’ve played in the Europa Cup and I think they are a very good side,” he said.

“Since Roy Hodgson took over they have been really well-organised and difficult to break down. They work very hard for each other and they are very difficult to beat on their own ground.

“Craven Cottage is a traditional English ground, too and never an easy place to go. It’s quite a tight stadium with the fans right on top of you and I don’t think anyone relishes going there.”

Vieira reckons there is one player in particular the Blues need to keep a close eye on if they are to leave with all three points. He said: “Bobby Zamora is having a great season and he seems a much more complete player these days.

“He’s very strong and excellent at holding the ball up and he’s also been scoring and making goals, too, so he will be a threat.

“We know things aren’t going to get any easier on the run-in. When you get to the final ten games of the season, every match is tough whether you are playing teams at the top or the bottom.

“The teams in the top half are either vying for the title or the Champions League and the clubs in the bottom half are battling to avoid relegation.

“We want to finish fourth as badly as anyone, but I think we’ve shown we can battle as well as play good football.

“We proved against Chelsea and Sunderland that we react well to going behind in games and have a great spirit within our team.

“What we need to do is make sure we score first and then push on. If we can do that at Fulham, I think we can go on and take all three points.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Patrick ready to rock for the run in

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Here we fucking go, the press machine cranks it up again first RSC, then Vieira, trotting out players who know FUCK ALL about the fans feelings towards the club, to chat total and utter fucking inane obvious shite to the media.

Word up, we dont believe you, we have heard it all before. Shut up and concentrate on not being banned / injured.

Fed up to the back teeth with it, wish they would just get on with it rather than talking shite. Do they think it worries Fulham, does some silly cunt think this is mind games?

Tomorrow my money is on De Jong
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum