Javi on stand-by for Fulham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Javi on stand-by for Fulham

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Javier Garrido is ready to fill in for the injured Wayne Bridge should Roberto Mancini call upon his services this weekend.

The Spaniard is now the only recognised left-back in the Blues squad with Bridge sidelined for at least a month following a hernia operation, though Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry have all prove they can adapt to the position if needed in recent weeks.

In the last few games we’ve seen other players slotting in at left-back when necessary, but hopefully I will get my chance to be involved in the team,” said Javi.

"I didn’t play for a while when Mark
Hughes was here, but when Roberto
took charge he gave me an opportunity
almost straight away."

“That gave me a lot of confidence and I think that showed through in my performances. “

Javi reckons Fulham will be a difficult to beat on their own ground and believes City can’t dwell too much on the fact the Cottagers are unbeaten in the last five Premier League meetings between the clubs.

“In my first season we drew 3-3 at Craven Cottage after being ahead,” he said. “And they came from 2-0 to draw 2-2 at our ground earlier this season.

“They’ve done really well against us in recent years, both home and away and they have always caused us problems. I’ve watched them a number of times in the Europa League and they’ve done really well and have a good manager in Roy Hodgson.

“They try and play good football and so do we, but they have definitely had the edge over the past three or four seasons, but there is no reason we can’t win this game – we need a victory to keep the pressure on the teams around us.

“I think every team who plays us now wants to beat us because of what has happened to the club in the past couple of years.

“I think sometimes we have had a stronger mentality against the best teams and the results against Arsenal and Chelsea have proved that to be true, but we have to have that same focus against every team we play if we are to finish in the top four.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Javi on stand-by for Fulham

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I really don't think Fulham will be 100% up for us on Sunday in between Juve and Spurs cup games.If we get at them early ( that means the first half) and get the first goal I have no doubts we will win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I really don't think Fulham will be 100% up for us on Sunday in between Juve and Spurs cup games.If we get at them early ( that means the first half) and get the first goal I have no doubts we will win.

Unfortunately Doug, not being up for games seems to primarily be a Manchester City disease.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm

The Spaniard is now the only recognised left-back in the Blues squad

Am i missing something or has Sylvinho left ?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby simon12 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 pm

This is the ref for Fulham

Lee Probert will take charge of City's game against Fulham.

The Gloucestershire official has refereed 25 games so far this season in which he has shown 94 yellow cards and 4 reds.

Lee Probert will be assisted by Nick Kinseley and Andy Newbold in the Premier League fixture at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon

Saving grace is that tanned fucker with the bald patch who gives us fuck all isn`t running the line.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

craigmcfc wrote:The Spaniard is now the only recognised left-back in the Blues squad

Silvinho was training today but I think he is considered a midfield fill in player.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:The Spaniard is now the only recognised left-back in the Blues squad

Silvinho was training today but I think he is considered a midfield fill in player.

Just find it a bit bizarre that the OS would state that Garrido is the only recognised LB when that clearly isn't the case. Not saying that I'd prefer Sylvinho, just a touch odd
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum