Next Three Matches...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next Three Matches...

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:35 pm

The main thing is, unlike every other side battling for the top 4, it's in our own hands. If we win every game between now and the end of the season, we can't be caught. That won't happen, but taking each match individually, there is no match we can't win. It's in our own hands and you can't ask for much more than that at this stage of the season - if we don't make 4th, it's our own fault.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:02 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Every match is important.

You get 3 points from 'em all. You can name things like form, rivals etc - but it's bullshit. You get enough points and you finish where you fucking well finish.

The top teams don't become top teams because they win "six pointers" or win "can't lose" games. They are top because they constantly win matches. Similarly those teams at the bottom of their respective leagues. They didn't lose against "fellow strugglers" they lost. And that, that result, is all that matters. Fuck the opposition. We are City. The next game is just as important as the last.

I'm sorry for having a go, but this shit gets to me.

sure, statistically speaking if we get 4 points from the next 4 matches we can still win out and have a go at it i suppose. Yr right.

When does this team take on the attitude that yr portraying top teams to have? that's my question? they need to sack up and hit the fucking ground running and go win some shit. if i were the team and manager i'd surely be taking one match at a time. How else can you focus?

my point is that we can expect to analyze what we've done over the next several matches and get a pretty good indicator if we have what it takes. Surely that 'complexity' isn't lost on you, is it?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby walmai » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:08 pm

7/9
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm

walmai wrote:7/9

that's right. if we think we're that team, we'll need that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:25 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Every match is important.

You get 3 points from 'em all. You can name things like form, rivals etc - but it's bullshit. You get enough points and you finish where you fucking well finish.

The top teams don't become top teams because they win "six pointers" or win "can't lose" games. They are top because they constantly win matches. Similarly those teams at the bottom of their respective leagues. They didn't lose against "fellow strugglers" they lost. And that, that result, is all that matters. Fuck the opposition. We are City. The next game is just as important as the last.

I'm sorry for having a go, but this shit gets to me.

Hat off!
As simple as perfect.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby glossopblue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:I'm confident of winning the Wigan game but i do feel we are gonna strugle against Fulham and Everton, to only get 2 points or none from those games would really have us up against it for 4th. I really do think we need to win the Fulham, Everton, Villa and Spurs games to be confident of getting 4th.

3of the 4 are at home. 7 or 9 will do very nicely
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum