Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 am

Robinho set for early City return due to Santos salary row
The Brazil star, currently in his homeland on loan at Santos, is at the centre of a dispute over who is ­responsible for paying his wages.
Robinho joined Santos from City in January on the condition the club would pay his £160,000-a-week wages, which they planned to meet through ­sponsorship.
But with Santos reportedly having been unable to raise the necessary finance to pay his wages, the ­player’s loan move could ultimately fall through.
That could mean a return to Eastlands for the 26-year-old, who has hinted at a return to Manchester by paying the £2million rent on his Cheshire home until January 2011.
Although reports that Robinho was not paid for his first month with Santos have been denied, it is understood there are serious concerns future payments may not be met.
In order to raise the cash to take him on loan, Santos agreed deals with three sponsors, all of whom would benefit from using the player’s image to sell their ­products.
Now one of those deals is said to have collapsed, while the other two, with Seara and Volkswagen, have still to be agreed by all parties.
With average crowds of just 10,000 and gate receipts totalling little more than £60,000 per game, Santos cannot afford to pay him without the aid of sponsors.
Robinho, who moved to Santos to save his World Cup place after falling out of favour at City, has been an instant hit at his new club, with four goals in five games.
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31018

Arsenal and Man City target Yaya Toure rules out move to Premier League
Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure has ruled out a move to the Premier League - even though he claims Manchester City and Arsenal want to sign him.
Toure, younger brother of City captain Kolo, said: “I have heard about interest from Manchester City and Arsenal but my future is at Barcelona.
“I have spoken to the directors at the club, I don’t want to leave and my only mission and is to stay and be a success at the club.”

WAG OF THE DAY
http://lh3.google.com/fisherwy/RuCgcnMY ... 5B2%5D.jpg

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has dismissed press speculation that he might be heading for Chelsea in the summer. IMscouting.com

Liverpool winger Albert Riera could leave Anfield within weeks after his outburst against manager Rafael Benitez. CSKA Moscow and Spartak Moscow are tracking the 27-year-old and may match Liverpool's £8m valuation. The Times

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will invest in young talent rather than high-profile big names in the summer as he attempts to drive down the age of his ageing squad. (Daily Star)

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is keen to sign on-loan full-back Alan Hutton on a permanent £6m deal from Tottenham. The transfer may help rebuild the relationship between the two clubs after Darren Bent's protracted move to the Stadium of Light last summer. Daily Mirror

Former Celtic midfielder Barry Robson has tipped winger Aiden McGeady to be the next high-profile star to follow him out of Parkhead. Daily Record

Everton are readying themselves for a battle with Spanish side Sevilla for £8m-rated FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. The Sun

Meanwhile FC Twente boss Steve McClaren is looking at a bid for Hull forward Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink as he attempts to bolster his forward line. (The Sun)

West Ham owner David Sullivan wants Birmingham midfielder Sebastian Larsson and defender Liam Ridgewell, but Blues boss Alex McLeish has issued a hands-off warning over the pair. Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
Portsmouth manager Avram Grant has threatened to field weakened teams for the remainder of the season with his side all-but relegated following a nine point penalty for entering administration.
Daily Mail

Bristol City may approach former Ipswich and Scotland manager George Burley as they attempt to replace Gary Johnson who parted company with the club on Thursday. The Guardian

Or sacked Hull boss Phil Brown will be offered an immediate return to management with the Ashton Gate side. (Daily Star)

Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll is another in the frame for the Bristol City position with City chairman Steve Lansdown impressed by Doncaster's performance in a 5-2 win over the Robins earlier this month. The Sun

But City feel under no obligation to take the playmaker back, and resume paying his salary, until their loan arrangement with the Brazilian side comes to an end on 4 August.The Independent

Hull City must continue to pay Phil Brown as, although he is on gardening leave, he technically remains their manager. Iain Dowie has been appointed as "football management consultant". Daily Mail

Ipswich boss Roy Keane has admitted he would rather throw punches than tea cups at underperforming players, adding that it is good "to go a bit mad".
Daily Mail

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will offer his sympathy to under-pressure Liverpool counterpart Rafael Benitez in his programme notes for the two teams' meeting on Sunday.
Daily Mirror

FINAL BOLLOX
We have even made it onto building sites now!

Man City plans stadium revamp to outstrip Old Trafford
19 March 2010

Manchester City plans to expand its 48,000-seat stadium to be at least as big as Manchester United’s as part of a redevelopment of the area by the club’s owners

A source close to the plans said the club’s owner, the Abu Dhabi United Group, was looking to increase the capacity of the City of Manchester stadium by 30,000 seats as part of the club’s plan to become a world-leader. The capacity at Old Trafford, Manchester United’s ground, is 75,983.

The club is talking to Arup, which designed the stadium for the Commonwealth Games in 2002, about how it might achieve this. The plans are thought to include a new tier on top of the existing stadium.

The news comes as Manchester City’s owner signed a three-way deal with the city council and regeneration company New East Manchester last week to pave the way for the redevelopment of 200 acres of the stadium and surrounding land owned by both the club and the council.

The source said that stadium expansion was being used to lure high-profile players to the club. The source said: “I know presentations on the development were shown to Kaka, for example, when Man City were courting him.”
http://www.building.co.uk
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 am

You'd think that Robson would play for nothing seeing as how much he said he loved being at Santos and winning 10-0 in the Sunday League every week! And how bad things were for him at City under that nasty Mancini (and that nasty Hughes, and that nasty Capello or whoever at Real etc etc).

Getting to the point where everyone's starting to wish he'd just fuck off.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 am

Bigger stadium than the rags?? That would be fucking LOVELY!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

Vhero wrote:Bigger stadium than the rags?? That would be fucking LOVELY!

I'm pretty sure those bastards wont rest until they've gone past our 84,000 English club record. Luckily they are a little cash-strapped at the moment and the once-famous waiting list has been destroyed by our agents the Glazers.

So we better go to 85 just in case.

HURRY UP CITY!! The suspense is killing us.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Vhero wrote:Bigger stadium than the rags?? That would be fucking LOVELY!

I'm pretty sure those bastards wont rest until they've gone past our 84,000 English club record. Luckily they are a little cash-strapped at the moment and the once-famous waiting list has been destroyed by our agents the Glazers.

So we better go to 85 just in case.

HURRY UP CITY!! The suspense is killing us.

Bloody hell, we're definitely gonna need some glory hunters if we're gonna fill that monster !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum