I'm here for the long haul, says Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I'm here for the long haul, says Tevez

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Fans' favourite Carlos Tevez has assured delighted True Blues that he plans to be scoring goals at the City of Manchester Stadium next season and beyond.

The popular Argentina striker has fuelled City's exciting challenge for the top four this season with a career-best 21 goals despite missing the first month through injury.

And he told an appreciative audience of 300 at last night's Fans' Forum at the Stadium to forget stories from Buenos Aires that he might retire if Argentina win the World Cup in July.

The 26-year-old Tevez, quizzed by supporters on his future, insisted: "I'm here for the long term. Of course, if we do win the World Cup with Argentina that would be fabulous.

"But when I came here last summer I was offered the big project, and I am planning to be here for the long term."

Carlos, aiming to repeat his two-goal Chelsea heroics as City head back to west London to face Fulham, was delighted when one fan performed "The Tevez" goal celebration for him!

Manager Roberto Mancini had to send his apologies - he was at Craven Cottage instead to check out Fulham's impressive Europa League victory over Serie A giants Juventus.

Skipper Kolo Toure told fans that he would love his brother Yaya to join him from Barcelona - but the midfielder has again claimed that he does not want to move to the Premier League.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: I'm here for the long haul, says Tevez

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Okay I'm gonna say it,

I LOVE CARLOS TEVEZ!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:23 pm

sounds like the elano speech of a few years back. Nice to read but I prefer to read quotes from players saying how they enjoyed the last 10 years at City ;-D
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:sounds like the elano speech of a few years back. Nice to read but I prefer to read quotes from players saying how they enjoyed the last 10 years at City ;-D

By then they would be approaching the end of their career, and thus only here for the short haul ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:sounds like the elano speech of a few years back. Nice to read but I prefer to read quotes from players saying how they enjoyed the last 10 years at City ;-D

Know the spirit of what you mean - but I have not enjoyed those last 10 years!!

Only joking
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Hopefully Tevez can persuade some of his pals to join us for next season.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Hopefully Tevez can persuade some of his pals to join us for next season.

That little left footed bloke who plays on the right for Argentina would do for a start. Not sure he's any good in the air, but we could try and cover for him.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

Doubt you will find many who would say that - know the spirit of what you mean - but I have not enjoyed those last 10 years - so why should they have!!

Only joking
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Bojinov's left foot wrote:Hopefully Tevez can persuade some of his pals to join us for next season.

That little left footed bloke who plays on the right for Argentina would do for a start. Not sure he's any good in the air, but we could try and cover for him.

Can't see him making it in the Prem - these foreigners don't like cold January nights in Sunderland (copyright Andy Townsend)
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum