Training Friday 19/3

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 19/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:33 pm

I did get there today but only just back home late so here are the words of my good mate Neil:
"Brief report lads, all present and correct.

Came out at 11 after the press conference, split into 2 groups and did the usual 1 touch circles.

Tevez, Bellers, Barry and Toure all sat out the session after, this was a 3 touch short sided game which was played on a really small pitch, normal width but the goals were on the edge of the 18 yard box and the outside edge of the centre circle in the same half. Zab, got clattered by Ade and Micah, who decided to nut a post at one point and got nailed by RSC in another tussle.

No injury news, all present and correct.

The Doc was again working on his ball skills, but i can't see the progress that my colleague DH has mentioned, his second touch is still a tackle!

The session finished around 12 as they we all going to Eastlands to get involved in a Sport Relief charity run this afternoon.

No problem with those who sat out as it was just felt that they didn't need anything close to a tough work out.That's the way it is nowadays with all the sports science stuff.The players are all pretty well match fit now and don't need too many hard training days and as the last 2 were full days today was light for most and very light for a few.

Everyone seemed in excellent spirits and in the keep ball circles there was plenty of laughter going on seemingly led by NDJ.

Even in the short football session Micah nearly knocked himself out on a post trying to get to a deflected far post ball and then took quite a knock when getting in a block on RSC.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 19/3

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 pm

cheers doug, LMAO @ Micah
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBrazil » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:29 pm

cheers, Doug. By the way there was talk here in Brazil today that Chelsea have signed Neymar from Santos for $35 million. Very skilful player, but may be lightweight for Premiership, and also don't like his attitude, so they are welcome to him. On a different note, there was a poll here on Globo Sport tv channel for the most handsome player at the upcoming world cup...Beckham in third, Ronaldo second, and our very own Carlitos in first...with 87 percent of votes...obviously a piss take, but shows how popular he is in Brazil (unusual for an Argentine).
BlueinBrazil
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Craig Bellamy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Did RSC shatter into a million pieces at the Richards impact?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Manchester City stars standing right behind Roberto Mancini... as boss leads them in charity walk for Sport Relief

Manchester City stars went the extra mile for Sport Relief – the Mancini Mile to be precise.

The club’s entire 250-strong staff took part in special events to raise cash for the campaign, with a choice of first-team inspired challenges.

Participants chose between ‘The De Jong Challenge’ – a 5,000metre run around the SportCity complex – ‘The SWP Sprint’ along Commonwealth Way to try to beat Shaun Wright Phillips’ time over 60m, and ‘The Mancini Mile’, the most popular choice of a walk around Eastlands.

City boss Mancini said: ‘It’s great to see all the staff getting involved for such a brilliant event.
‘It’s not very often that we get to spend working time outside the training ground, so to do it for such a good cause is very exciting.’

City will match the sponsorship raised by participants and are encouraging fans to back the cause at http://www.justgiving.com/manchestercitysportrelief

Supporters can also take part in the Manchester Mile – or other events across the country – on Sunday. See http://www.sportrelief.com for details.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm

BlueinBrazil wrote:cheers, Doug. By the way there was talk here in Brazil today that Chelsea have signed Neymar from Santos for $35 million. Very skilful player, but may be lightweight for Premiership, and also don't like his attitude, so they are welcome to him. On a different note, there was a poll here on Globo Sport tv channel for the most handsome player at the upcoming world cup...Beckham in third, Ronaldo second, and our very own Carlitos in first...with 87 percent of votes...obviously a piss take, but shows how popular he is in Brazil (unusual for an Argentine).

I think Carlos is popular everywhere for his attitude when he plays plus he has talent. He went down very well at last night's fan's forum and if he scores enough goals for the rest of this season to get us 4th he will achieve legend status very quickly here.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Did RSC shatter into a million pieces at the Richards impact?

He didn't even flinch:) The one that worried me was yesterday when Zaba took him out while he was scoring but again no problems.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Good to hear everyone's in good spirits and that RSC's becoming a man of steel!

Does anyone know what SWP's time over 60 metres actually is?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Good to hear everyone's in good spirits and that RSC's becoming a man of steel!

Does anyone know what SWP's time over 60 metres actually is?

If there's a new contract worth £100k a week at the end you can bet he would set a new record!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

BlueinBrazil wrote:cheers, Doug. By the way there was talk here in Brazil today that Chelsea have signed Neymar from Santos for $35 million. Very skilful player, but may be lightweight for Premiership, and also don't like his attitude, so they are welcome to him. On a different note, there was a poll here on Globo Sport tv channel for the most handsome player at the upcoming world cup...Beckham in third, Ronaldo second, and our very own Carlitos in first...with 87 percent of votes...obviously a piss take, but shows how popular he is in Brazil (unusual for an Argentine).

Hmmmm, that's interesting as it was widely reported that one of the conditions
of letting Robinho go there was that we got first refusual on him.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Crossie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Its very likely we just refused. Mancini learnt his lesson early with Brazilians, unlike Hughes
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 am

NO doubt I will get slaughtered for asking this but, who is The Doc?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 am

King Kev wrote:NO doubt I will get slaughtered for asking this but, who is The Doc?

The doc is simply the club doctor. He is almost always out there at training in case he is needed but there are plenty of times where he kicks a ball about with physios or even players. He is the ultimate in non footballer so it is fun watching when he does try practicing his football skills. He takes the inevitable banter in great spirit.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
King Kev wrote:No doubt I will get slaughtered for asking this but, who is The Doc?

The doc is simply the club doctor. He is almost always out there at training in case he is needed but there are plenty of times where he kicks a ball about with physios or even players. He is the ultimate in non footballer so it is fun watching when he does try practicing his football skills. He takes the inevitable banter in great spirit.
Aaaaaah! Cheers Doug, I thought we had a nickname for one of our players that I wasn't aware of!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:44 pm

King Kev wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
King Kev wrote:No doubt I will get slaughtered for asking this but, who is The Doc?

Aaaaaah! Cheers Doug, I thought we had a nickname for one of our players that I wasn't aware of!

he's mates with those other secret agents "the boss" "the physio" "the kitman" "the chief"
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum