Even if we don't manage

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Even if we don't manage

Postby ant london » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:19 pm

to get to the Champions League places this season.....(and I think we still have a really good chance)....(and at first I still will be gutted if we don't)....it looks like....with 10 games remaining we are odds on to qualify for some kind of European football next seaon

That means that we, Manchester (massive) (shitteh) (Citeh) City are looking like we are nailed on to play in Europe with less than 75% of the season gone.

As frustrating and amazing as the last season and two thirds have been, that; my friends, is definite progress....massive fucking progress.

If we lose a couple of the next ten I might bitch and moan like many others but fuck me it is already miles better to be a City fan than I honestly ever dreamt it might be.

Cmon City tomorrow but even if we end up falling short....you, the Owner, Roberto, the coaching staff and MH and his boys have done us proud.

CTID
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Even if we don't manage

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm

aye lad its pretty mad to think we will all be gutted if we finish fifth.

if you would have told me that during, say, the 0-0 home game with watford in 06/07 to pull one out at random, i'd have stared at you in utter disbelief.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 pm

I agree, it is a nice position to be in. I just hope the players dont look at it like that.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 pm

And after todays result at Pompey, it is a mathematical certainty that we cannot be relegated!

Hoo Rah ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bear60 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Agreed Ant. Was thinking exactly the same thing myself today, it is a great position to be in after what we have endured over the years. We are still in with a good chance of the coveted champs leugue spot, although those f-----g yids are worrying me.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chewbacca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:53 pm

what will be will be - we have the future to look forward to - things can and will get better ..buzzing my tits off :)
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH
Chewbacca
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Chewbacca wrote:what will be will be - we have the future to look forward to - things can and will get better ..buzzing my tits off :)

Well said mate, the Future's Bright, and obviously Blue ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Fish111 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm

It may be progress to us mere mortals but to the owners i think a place in the Europa league will be classed as failure after what they have invested. Don't think certain players will be too impressed with it either.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Biamp » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 pm

I wouldn't mind us finishing 5th, as long as we get Mourinho in the summer.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Biamp wrote:I wouldn't mind us finishing 5th, as long as we get Mourinho in the summer.

post more often please...it's rare that someone really truly irritates me on here anymore. Well done.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I know that this will not sit well with most but I have no interest in being in the totally devalued Europa Cup
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:52 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I know that this will not sit well with most but I have no interest in being in the totally devalued Europa Cup

Me too....it,s top 4 or Ill start negative threads.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Burt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:59 pm

This is the time for Blues to stand firm and get behind the lads. Make our place a hub of noise whoever visits us. We have this chance within our grasp and we shouldn't give it up lightly. Make all the fuclers that visit our ground be edgy and afraid. We as fans need to show the media, the opposition and most of all our team that we mean fuclin business. Let's ave the lot of em.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:43 am

Sorry lads but the whole of the project has been set up for us to finish in a CL place and 4th is the lowest that gives us that.
If we finish 5th, I will be gutted and consider it a failure.
We need CL competition to attract the higher class of player here and they'll not be impressed by us in the Europa League.

The reason Hughes was sacked and Mancini was employed was because our owners felt Hughes wasn't going to make it. After all the screaming and shouting about Hughes possibly failing, I can't understand why the same outcry isn't being visited on mancini.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ant london » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 am

I know where John68, Carl and 1632 are coming from and I'm not saying that I wouldn't be disappointed but I'd been thinking this over yesterday and I think:

a) players who might ordinarily have demanded guaranteed CL football would be pretty easy to convince that we were very well set to ensure that we got in the following year (after all....despite his indifferent form since the move....Juventus signed Diego despite only being in the Europa)

b) whilst I would love to be in the Champions League next season I would still enjoy a Europa league run

c) it might do us good as a team/squad to have a season cutting our teeth in the Europa (I know we've been in it recently before but not with this squad)

Now I do understand the "Mancini's target was 4th, Hughes got sacked for looking like he'd fail to get that, so should he" argument but....as with the Hughes sacking.....I think the risks involved in sacking him could slow our progress enough to mean that we'd have ANOTHER season without qualifying for the CL.

Anyway, none of the above is really my point. Even if we come 5th.....I would still be pleased with progress. If I were in charge I wouldn't be pulling the ejector switch on Roberto, nor would I call for this as a supporter.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 am

Anything less than 4th is failure and all the points lost against the so called lower teams will be the reason. The bitterist pill would be if Spuds get the 4th spot.
if it had been a case of the 'old 4' remaining there, that's one thing, but to be upstaged by Spuds would be too much to take, and with good reason. They will then be seen as the team who succeeded in breaking through, spending far less. Even looking at the table now makes me feel uncomfortable, but as has been said, a win at Fulham and then in midweek will again steady the ship.

Still, I have a feeling there will be more twists and turns,
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby ant london » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:20 am

JonnyAsh wrote:if it had been a case of the 'old 4' remaining there, that's one thing, but to be upstaged by Spuds would be too much to take, and with good reason.

Yep that is the only thing that would potentially infuriate me beyond belief...I HATE THEM
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:53 am

When you consider this is ADUG's first full season in charge and the amount of change both on and off the pitch that has taken place I would agree that finishing 5th is definite progress. The fact that finishing 5th would be a disappointment to ADUG and to the supporters is an even bigger indication of how far we have come in 18 months.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 am

Ant is quite right. but it's the 'might have been' factor isn't it? Could've been Carling Cup, FA Cup and 4th.

But progress as you say.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 am

ant london wrote:to get to the Champions League places this season.....(and I think we still have a really good chance)....(and at first I still will be gutted if we don't)....it looks like....with 10 games remaining we are odds on to qualify for some kind of European football next seaon

That means that we, Manchester (massive) (shitteh) (Citeh) City are looking like we are nailed on to play in Europe with less than 75% of the season gone.

As frustrating and amazing as the last season and two thirds have been, that; my friends, is definite progress....massive fucking progress.

If we lose a couple of the next ten I might bitch and moan like many others but fuck me it is already miles better to be a City fan than I honestly ever dreamt it might be.

Cmon City tomorrow but even if we end up falling short....you, the Owner, Roberto, the coaching staff and MH and his boys have done us proud.

CTID

Yes, Ant. It is all very true and sensible.
Nontheless I think that, from where we are now, the Team we have in comparison to opponents, deciders at home and the all, not getting CL will be a failure for everyone involved.
It is fair to assess about progress and pride, that should involve everybody (just to say MH bought Tevez, Barry and Kompany) but when You are that close to such a huge turning point, with so many good cards in hands.... I mean we must get because we are already a superior Team, in progress, but already enough.
I just cross fingers about enjuries and bans!
As You said Cmon City tomorrow and forever (of course) but I think the stressfull run in will last head to head at least up the Villa game and - btw - I fully expect U***d will perform efficently today for both's sake... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum