Hypothetically speaking.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hypothetically speaking.

Postby gillie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 pm

If we can win all our remaining home games and at least one away i think 4th will be ours as Spuds imo will end up losing 4 games and they would only gain 67pts by seasons end as we would have 71pts we could take 4th by quite a healthy margin of 4pts.Scouse 1 will lose tomorrow imo and also against Chelski so they will only get 65 imo as i think they will draw a game as well and i think Villa are out of the race after today.Thoughts.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Hypothetically speaking.

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

gillie wrote:If we can win all our remaining home games and at least one away i think 4th will be ours as Spuds imo will end up losing 4 games and they would only gain 67pts by seasons end as we would have 71pts we could take 4th by quite a healthy margin of 4pts.Scouse 1 will lose tomorrow imo and also against Chelski so they will only get 65 imo as i think they will draw a game as well and i think Villa are out of the race after today.Thoughts.

4 points in your scenario is not quite as healthy a margin as it looks, given that we will have to beat them in the penultimate game for that to happen.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:27 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
gillie wrote:If we can win all our remaining home games and at least one away i think 4th will be ours as Spuds imo will end up losing 4 games and they would only gain 67pts by seasons end as we would have 71pts we could take 4th by quite a healthy margin of 4pts.Scouse 1 will lose tomorrow imo and also against Chelski so they will only get 65 imo as i think they will draw a game as well and i think Villa are out of the race after today.Thoughts.

4 points in your scenario is not quite as healthy a margin as it looks, given that we will have to beat them in the penultimate game for that to happen.

I know what you mean John but i do think we will beat them and go to wet spam already owning 4th place.The Scouse draw will be at Birmingham imo and so in reallity it really is in our hands to grasp or drop.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

gillie wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I know what you mean John but i do think we will beat them and go to wet spam already owning 4th place.The Scouse draw will be at Birmingham imo and so in reallity it really is in our hands to grasp or drop.

Yeah you got to back us at home definately, but shows just how important that game will be - and I dread a repeat of the Liverpool farce where the only intention was not to lose - we will have to put that game to bed.

Was thinking along your lines earlier when i saw the table, if we dont win tomorrow though it is then OUT of our hands for the first time all season, which would be a worrying development.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't think we'll win all our home games but believe we can get the requisite points away to just take us clear. If Liverpool lose tomorrow they are out of the equation whilst Villa's draw as surely put payed to their chance of fourth as Spurs and us are just too far in front. Even if we lost tomorrow, there would still be a good chance that we'd make it seeing that Spurs have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, United and us before the season ends.

2 horse race in my opinion.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:09 am

We have dropped 34pts, Spurs 35pts and Villa 37pts. and L'Pool 39pts.
A draw tomorrow puts us potentially 1pt behind Spurs, only 1pt ahead of Villa.
Lose tomorrow and Spurs have a 20t advantage, whilst Villa sit equal.

We know what Fulham are capable of and we aslo know that potentially their energy levels could be fragile. If we sit back and let them dictate the pace, we will get beaten. if we start hi tempo and dictate the pace we should win.

Anything less that a win will be an immense psychological blow for our fragile confidence.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

I think that if the Chelsea win - coming after the Stoke made-up tragedy - proved something is that Team self confidence is not that weak and fragile as it may appears. The target is to get a point ahead opps on may, no matter how or when those points will be scored.
I think that up and down on table will occur probably until Villa home game.
I consider Villa have the easiest run but is the weakest opposition.
I am still quite scared of Liverpool because I think, all top4/FA/SKY/Refs Sympathies included, they have the experience and potential to win all remaining games (excl. rags and Clelsea) and to end up with 69pts.
I think from what the season showed, Spuds are the stronger opponents on paper, but I am also sure that their system of play is the one that most suit to enhance our strenghts, so that, whether they should still be in contention after the nightmare run of meetings with Arsenal, Chelsea and rags, we will hammer them quite easily.

I finnally think City will get 4th and we all shall jump and shout in joy... :-)

Manfucious... said!.... lol

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Vhero » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 am

I hate talking about it now because its getting closer and closer and this is City after all we are masters of fucking it up at the last minute or relying on others to bail us out (which never goes our way either). I think every game now is winnable as the only really hard games this season are the rags and arsenal and we beat the rags at home already this season and the gunners 2 times this season so I think we got there number. So I think we could really win the rest of our games but in reality I don't think we are going to.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 am

I think IF we win our next 50 games we will win the league next year:)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:17 pm

I think 67 points will be eough. And we will get them.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Return to The Maine Football forum