City To Break The Bank For Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City To Break The Bank For Mourinho

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 am

MANCHESTER City will ask Jose Mourinho to name his price in the summer in a bid to tempt him back into English football.

City are aware that even though Mourinho guided Inter Milan into the Champions League quarter-finals at the expense of Chelsea in midweek, he is not happy in Italian football.

Ambitious City are backed by Sheikh Mansour’s billions – and he will not flinch at increasing Mourinho’s current pay packet of £8.3million a year – £160,000 a week.

The Inter boss has a £5.5m buy-out clause but that presents no problem for the richest club in the world, who are determined to win the major trophies. And, in an amazing twist, Roberto Mancini could end up back at Inter Milan.

When he replaced Mark Hughes as City boss, Mancini was told that his position would be reviewed in the summer. He is still on friendly terms with Inter president Massimo Moratti despite being shown the door to allow Mourinho to be appointed.

City’s big worry as they seek the manager they regard as the best in the business is that Real Madrid are also in the market for a top boss in the summer after deciding to ditch Manuel Pellegrini.

If Mourinho doesn’t end up in Madrid then City believe they could well land their man.

express.co.uk

For me it's a case of what ever it takes to get him here do it.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: City To Break The Bank For Mourinho

Postby spiv » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:46 am

I really can see this happening.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 am

Of course, no better job for the media now.
I say lets see what happens this season first. Talking about a manager change isnt what we need at this stage.
The press and its agenda.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:56 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

MANCHESTER City will ask Jose Mourinho to name his price in the summer in a bid to tempt him back into English football.

City are aware that even though Mourinho guided Inter Milan into the Champions League quarter-finals at the expense of Chelsea in midweek, he is not happy in Italian football.

Ambitious City are backed by Sheikh Mansour’s billions – and he will not flinch at increasing Mourinho’s current pay packet of £8.3million a year – £160,000 a week.

The Inter boss has a £5.5m buy-out clause but that presents no problem for the richest club in the world, who are determined to win the major trophies. And, in an amazing twist, Roberto Mancini could end up back at Inter Milan.

When he replaced Mark Hughes as City boss, Mancini was told that his position would be reviewed in the summer. He is still on friendly terms with Inter president Massimo Moratti despite being shown the door to allow Mourinho to be appointed.

City’s big worry as they seek the manager they regard as the best in the business is that Real Madrid are also in the market for a top boss in the summer after deciding to ditch Manuel Pellegrini.

If Mourinho doesn’t end up in Madrid then City believe they could well land their man.

express.co.uk

For me it's a case of what ever it takes to get him here do it.

Very likely that this is just yet another made up story by the English gutter press that would a) love him here to fuel their media circus and b) further enjoy de-stabilising CITY - especially when we have an important game today

For me further evidence why Jose and barge pole fit into the same sentence
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john68 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 am

Talk of this, at this stage of our season is shite.
We have a job to do and the last thing we need is some idiot hack putting a spoke into it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 am

Its a John Richardson piece. Even the other hacks on the Sunday Supplement took the piss out of him the other week.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:11 am

spiv wrote:I really can see this happening.

I really can see You very deluded on this never happening... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 am

Whether this article has any truth or not, and it probably doesn't, I'd have Mourinho at any price whatsoever, end of.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum