***The Official Fulham v City Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***The Official Fulham v City Thread***

Postby JB » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm

A very relieved woohoo. 3 away points in the bag against good opposition and crap linesman.
I'll take that.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 pm

thought that we bossed it well, then in 2nd half we give them to much space in midfield ,and tried to get them on the break, we need to push up further in midfield, but hey its 3pts and thats what we wanted
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:Thank fuckity fuck for that. One hell of a nervy last 15 minutes and I honestly thought they would pull it back with seconds to go.

We need to start killing games off rather than sitting back once taking a decent lead.

3 points!!. Just need another 3 Wednesday and we have our fate in our own hands.

Fuckity Fuck indeed sir!! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 pm

By the way, does anyone know the extent of RSC's injury?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:By the way, does anyone know the extent of RSC's injury?

Did you copy and paste that comment?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:34 pm

just looked like cramp to me. He seemed to be moving about freely enough at the end of the game, never know with roque though. Hope he's fit because we need him on Wednesday with ade still suspended.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Great result, great tactics from Mancini but the players need to show a lot more composure & just plain common sense. If we're going to play attacking football we need to make more of the great positions when they occur & make fewer unforced errors. Barry was under no pressure to give away a pen but gave the officials a decision to make & a similar error by Lescott cost us 2 points earlier in the season.

Toure got stuck in today, did well. Johnson very unlucky not to score, great prospect.

Big, big result, well done to Mancini, his was the best performance today imo (with RSC close 2nd).

Ted, Mate, You either know my nick and how much I like to agree with You... :-)

But I have to stress the point that the most important for the winning display was the performance of G. Barry, by far. The penalty was a bad joke from the ref as the hand was clearly attached along his body. Last 10 minutes he faded a bit as natural, also because the whole team got caught by anxiety.
Mancini, to be perfect, should had been a little more italian cynic and freeze the game at the exact moment of 0-2. It would had been easier and less painfull, even if a little more boring... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:38 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Great result, great tactics from Mancini but the players need to show a lot more composure & just plain common sense. If we're going to play attacking football we need to make more of the great positions when they occur & make fewer unforced errors. Barry was under no pressure to give away a pen but gave the officials a decision to make & a similar error by Lescott cost us 2 points earlier in the season.

Toure got stuck in today, did well. Johnson very unlucky not to score, great prospect.

Big, big result, well done to Mancini, his was the best performance today imo (with RSC close 2nd).

But I have to stress the point that the most important for the winning display was the performance of G. Barry, by far. The penalty was a bad joke from the ref as the hand was clearly attached along his body. Last 10 minutes he faded a bit as natural, also because the whole team got caught by anxiety.
Mancini, to be perfect, should had been a little more italian cynic and freeze the game at the exact moment of 0-2. It would had been easier and less painfull, even if a little more boring... :-)

Barry should have judged the ball better imo & not left any doubt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF happened to your Caps Lock key Carl???
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:42 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF happened to your Caps Lock key Carl???

Im less stressed when I wear my reading glasses.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby yorkieblue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Just Glad We Won Cmon We Can Get 4th
City Till I Die

yorkieblue
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Barry should have judged the ball better imo & not left any doubt.

I didn't say You were wrong in that assessment. I am only sayng that I have plenty of forgiveness to Gareth for the superb display he played, imo. And the only real twat was the ref: should we had weared a merseyside red shirt (just to say) that would had not been a penalty...:-)

Seriourly since the Liverpool game Gazz Bazz had rised his effectiveness close to excellence level and all the team are benefitting very much. It just on us to continue this way...
Cheers Mate... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Crossie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Fuck this is the 3rd game in a row when i just forgot we were even playing, im getting older it happens, but its fucking brilliant when you get back in the house and realise we won, but didnt have to sit through the stress and emotion of the game!

This was a FUCKING MASSIVE 3 points for us, I thought we'd lose, Spurs actually put alot of pressure on us yesterday. To go away to a tidy little team like Fulham, and by the sounds of it pummel them, could be the beginnings of something great.

Lets not forget the 2nd half of Sunderland where we should of had 3 or 4, I now believe in us, and we are in great form.

What makes it sweater is that we are playing the teams around us, mostly at home, 4 x 6 pointers i reckon. Fab.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Massive improvement that has got us a formidable win at Cottage. Let's not get this wrong, no-one has put 2 past them in the first half on their turf, and not many would've given credance to that, yet even rags were spell bound today. What suprised was that we played better in the first half than the second, and stuck it out until the end.

PS. No way was it a penalty, and I though Gareth was the best player on the pitch.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Massive improvement that has got us a formidable win at Cottage. Let's not get this wrong, no-one has put 2 past them in the first half on their turf, and not many would've given credance to that, yet even rags were spell bound today. What suprised was that we played better in the first half than the second, and stuck it out until the end.

PS. No way was it a penalty, and I though Gareth was the best player on the pitch.

I always thought Gareth was a bit of a wimp but he,s got a mouth on him hasnt he !! He nearly twatted someone last week and when he gave the penalty away he was going ballistic at some scummy fulham player also.

Good man that man !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Maybe he's abit like McEnroe, needs to get wound up to play his best stuff!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Crossie wrote:Maybe he's abit like McEnroe, needs to get wound up to play his best stuff!

I modeled my game of tennis on John McEnroe.

I was banned from playing Tennis for 3 months in Sun City once.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Massive improvement that has got us a formidable win at Cottage. Let's not get this wrong, no-one has put 2 past them in the first half on their turf, and not many would've given credance to that, yet even rags were spell bound today. What suprised was that we played better in the first half than the second, and stuck it out until the end.

I always thought Gareth was a bit of a wimp but he,s got a mouth on him hasnt he !! He nearly twatted someone last week and when he gave the penalty away he was going ballistic at some scummy fulham player also.

Good man that man !!

He's like that most games mate, it's just that yu don't see it from so far away, Just shows what we haave been saying is right, he plays better without a pure DM next to him.

Give him a free-role and he'll shine.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blue 68 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Just got back from Fulham, wasn't sure I wanted to go this morning but glad I did, what with Liverpool picking up 0 points, singing this is our City to the Norwich fans arriving back in Euston, not a bad day after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum