Man Of The Match v Fulham Away

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who Get's Your Vote?

Given
1%
Garrido
3%
Kompany
11%
Toure
24%
Zabaleta
4%
Barry
9%
Vieira
8%
Johnson
5%
Santa Cruz
5%
Bellamy
5%
Tevez
25%

Total votes : 79

Re: Man Of The Match v Fulham Away

Postby halnone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Tevezzzz all the way
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bluej » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Toure for me - much more like the defender I thought we signed.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Tough call - I have gone for Zab
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:20 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:i've voted paddy v. thought that was his best game in a City shirt. He broke up the play extremely well.

I thought Vieria did really well today considering his fitness and supposed age issues some of our fans cant stop going on about.

He's lost that bit of pace he once had yes, but I thought he was very clever in midfield. He tracked alot of runs and Fulham rarely threatened down the middle due to him and Barry's work in there. There were no big tackles but lots of little niggly foots in which killed fulham momentum. Vieria also did exactly what De Jong cannot do and thats win the ball and then use it. He did it multiple times too.

His experiance carried us through in parts.

Also, whilst he may have missed an absolute sitter, bringing on De Jong to sit off Tevez was very clever. He was running around the Fulham half like a madman hustling the defenders into the long ball time after time. They couldnt get the ball into midfield because De Jong wouldnt let them have an easy pass. A weapon we could use in future games i feel.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 am

Grob wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:i've voted paddy v. thought that was his best game in a City shirt. He broke up the play extremely well.

I thought Vieria did really well today considering his fitness and supposed age issues some of our fans cant stop going on about.

He's lost that bit of pace he once had yes, but I thought he was very clever in midfield. He tracked alot of runs and Fulham rarely threatened down the middle due to him and Barry's work in there. There were no big tackles but lots of little niggly foots in which killed fulham momentum. Vieria also did exactly what De Jong cannot do and thats win the ball and then use it. He did it multiple times too.

His experiance carried us through in parts.

Also, whilst he may have missed an absolute sitter, bringing on De Jong to sit off Tevez was very clever. He was running around the Fulham half like a madman hustling the defenders into the long ball time after time. They couldnt get the ball into midfield because De Jong wouldnt let them have an easy pass. A weapon we could use in future games i feel.

Of course he did. How could have been otherwise?
Weared, maybe a bit rusty, yes. But we are talking about one of the very best midfielders of the decade!
I had been abused for saying that and that he would had enahanced GB too as they speak the same language.
My only concern is, given that he had very few games in a row this season (inter & city as well), about his possibility to run for 10 games, sometimes 3 in a week as the present one. But I really hope he will surprise all of us ... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 am

Vinnie Komps for me. Solid as you like, great in the air and one kung fu clearance that had me in stitches.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 am

Vieira was a revelation. I didn't think he could go 90 mins and he was blowin out of his arse at the end but not being subbed will have been great for his confidence. Be interesting to see if he can still mix it with the likes of arse, rags and Everton.Being a footballer always helps a bit.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:14 am

Blue in North London wrote:Great day out but terrible beer in the ground and the police didn't allow drinking outside the 8 Bells. Anyways, Tevew was MOTM by a mile. He seemingly occupied three or four Fulham players all game. Our best player by a mile.

Komsny looked after the main Fulham threat - Zamora- and did a great job. Toure simply played spare man - the plaudit-winning role.

I voted for Toure, but this is an excellent point. Yes Vinnie did very well.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby blue wine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 am

Vieira for me, he had a great game
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Previous