This is what happens when you do attacking sessions...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This is what happens when you do attacking sessions...

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 am

Grob wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:This is what happens when you drop Nige! All of a sudden its 11 v11.Never want to see the bugger again.

De Jong is a situational player. Today we didnt need him from the start as we often do not. Then we got into a winning position and he came on and helped sure it up in my opinion.

If you use him properly he's a big asset. We used him too much this season but I think thats partly due to lack of other options which leads me to believe that central midfield is an area we need to target as priority when recruiting players this summer.

Of course he is: not even to say on the contrary.
And he will be of top importance next season when facing top continental opponents.
I.e. also to say that a saeson of about 60 games (as we all hope will be the next one) needs a team of 16 starters at least, plus some additional spares.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 am

The idea that de jong is a situational player who we should play now and again wont wash. Does anyone follow this team? De Jong let Hughes have it with both barrels when he was left out at the beginning of the season. He thinks he's a great player.If he's not an automatic starter he'll be off.And as for shoring things up, he never made contact with man or ball as usual except to miss a one on one ,central, from 10 feet.And to my delight mancini told him to feck off and play with the strikers where he couldn't do any harm and to leave barry and Vieira to play proper holding midfield, not weight lifters imaginary holding midfield. iMO the game is up for these statuesque so called destroyers. Teams like arse, barce, and the rags are showing that you need movement and skill everywhere on the pitch. we had that at foolem, and boy did it make a difference.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 am

Nick wrote:in training and set up a decent formation.

I knew we'd win today and by the sounds of it, this was the first week mancini actually did anything of note attacking wise in training.

RSC and Tevez sounded like they linked up well. Not sure if Ade can play with Tevez.

Should have won by 3 or 4 to boost the goal difference.

They didn't at all mate. Tevez and Bellers have a rainbow connection going. If they were looking for Rocky he could have scored 4 today. But despite the good positions he got into he didn't get the ball.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 am

dazby wrote:
Nick wrote:in training and set up a decent formation.

I knew we'd win today and by the sounds of it, this was the first week mancini actually did anything of note attacking wise in training.

RSC and Tevez sounded like they linked up well. Not sure if Ade can play with Tevez.

Should have won by 3 or 4 to boost the goal difference.

They didn't at all mate. Tevez and Bellers have a rainbow connection going. If they were looking for Rocky he could have scored 4 today. But despite the good positions he got into he didn't get the ball.

Bit harsh. Yeah on the ball they were sometimes on a different wavelength and haven't got the esp going on like Tevez and Bellers seem to sometimes. But as far as a partnership goes, RSC being on the picth made a big difference to Tevez in my opinion. Look at all the long balls he had to wait and hopelessly attack 1st half V Sunderland and compare that to him leaving that to Santa and playing in and around, dropping deep, dropping wide etc. Really seemed to add to his game being given the space and freedpm of not trying to be our main target man.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 am

The point is Lee that when it came to pulling the trigger, Tevez and Bellers were very greedy with Rocky in better positions on many occasions. But, let's face it. Respect on the pitch needs to be earnt and Rocky has some work to do to be the go to guy.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i think there are always shocking misses in football matches.. lampard, giggs, swp, drogba, gerard, torres et etc etc..

just happens imo

on the brite side it shows we are getting in the positions to have regular shocking misses ;)

The thing is, the 4th spot might very well go down to goal difference.

Mate if it goes down to goal difference between us and Spurs we are fucked. They have 8 goals on us with us having 9 left to play.....we'll not make that up
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 am

ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i think there are always shocking misses in football matches.. lampard, giggs, swp, drogba, gerard, torres et etc etc..

just happens imo

on the brite side it shows we are getting in the positions to have regular shocking misses ;)

Mate if it goes down to goal difference between us and Spurs we are fucked. They have 8 goals on us with us having 9 left to play.....we'll not make that up

Are you sure....

I can see a good few matches coming up where spurs probably wont score, or at the very least will score less than they concede, yet we have 6 games left at home which you would expect us to have a fair to middling chance of winning them all.

For goal difference, if we could put 3 on them when we play them, thats a swing of 6 for a start. However I believe its goals scored now which counts isnt it? (I may be wrong) If we keep on winning there is no reason we wouldnt do them both on goals scored and goal difference.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 am

johnpb78 wrote:
ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

just happens imo

Are you sure....

I can see a good few matches coming up where spurs probably wont score, or at the very least will score less than they concede, yet we have 6 games left at home which you would expect us to have a fair to middling chance of winning them all.

For goal difference, if we could put 3 on them when we play them, thats a swing of 6 for a start. However I believe its goals scored now which counts isnt it? (I may be wrong) If we keep on winning there is no reason we wouldnt do them both on goals scored and goal difference.

They got 9 against Wigan. We play Wigan next week. How about 11-0? :)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum