The Race For 4th... Is It A Two Horse Race?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Race For 4th...Is It A Two Horsed Race

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 am

John, it's defo ours to lose. I can see Spuds not getting much more after their game v Pompey at home this week. Villa have some tricky places to go and could struggle but Scouse have five 'should win' games, plus Chelsea and Brum. Fail in one of their banker games and they're done I reckon. We have eight excellent chances to win ....and Arse away. Five wins should do it. I reckon Villa and Spuds would need to win at ours to have an earthly.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 am

it certainly isn't a two horse race yet. We are in a great position points wise, but also we are in a great position mentally. We appear to be slowly getting stronger as the games go on. and that is vital to our success.
There will likely be twists and turns, but i am getting a sense that in results at least City are going to do this with less drama than you might imagine.. but i dont want to say any more about that until after the Everton game.
If we beat Everton.. i get a sense that the road to Rome will be open.
But i feel that this next game will be one of the toughest of the season for City
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby branny » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:53 am

It's in our own hands and at this stage of the season that's all we can ask for.

Villa weren't particularly impressive yesterday and people seem to think they have an easy run in but there are some tricky games left (Chelsea A, Everton H, Brum H, City A) and they have to play 6 games and a possible cup semi replay as well in April.

The dippers have been inconsistent all season and even if they get maximum points from the last 7 (highly unlikely) they will finish on 72 and I see that Torres received his 5th yellow today so will be suspended for 1 game.

Spuds have an increasing injury list and are scheduled to face Arsenal on 10th April. If they beat Fulham on Weds then the Aesenal game will probably get put back to Weds 14th with them facing Chelsea on the 17th And U^d on the 25th (and a cup semi replay on 21st with extra time if we're lucky). If they get 9 points from those games they deserve 4th.

We suddenly seem to have picked up our away form and lets not forget that we've only failed to pick up points 4 times this season. If we can maintain that consistency until the end of the season I don't care what the other teams do.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum