The Race For 4th... Is It A Two Horse Race?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Race For 4th... Is It A Two Horse Race?

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

After looking at the table and the fixtures for the other clubs chacing 4th is it down to a two horsed race between us and Spurs?

If we manage to beat Everton it's ours to lose, it would put us a point in front of Spurs and 5 points in front of Liverpool with a game in hand over them. We have 6 games at home out of the 9 left to play we have to be favourite to get 4th don't we???

(H) Everton
(H) Wigan
(A) Burnley
(H) Birmingham
(H) United
(A) Arsenal
(H) Villa
(H) Spurs
(A) Westham

(H) Portsmouth
(A) Sunderland
(H) Arsenal
(H) Chelsea
(A) United
(H) Bolton
(A) Man City
(A) Burnley

(H) Sunderland
(A) Birmingham
(H) Fulham
(H) Westham
(A) Burnley
(H) Chelsea
(A) Hull

(H) Sunderland
(A) Chelsea
(A) Bolton
(H) Everton
(A) Portsmouth
(A) Hull
(H) Birmingham
(A) Man City
(H) Blackburn
Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: The Race For 4th...Is It A Two Horsed Race

Postby Lionheart » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Between us, Villa and the scouse.

Looking at Spurs' fixtures I can nly see them dropping a lot of points;

(H) Arsenal
(H) Chelsea
(A) U***d
(A) Man City

That run of 4 games could very easily generate 0 pts for them.

I actually think villa and the scouse have the easiest fixtures out of the lot.

We just have to stay focused, we can beat anyone at home and we have the home advantage in the run-in.

Either way it won't be decided untill our Spurs and Villa games are done with.
Last edited by Lionheart on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm sure I've just posted that?!?

And yes, it is a 2 horse race. With Dippers and Villa not gaining maximum points, they are well of the pace for fourth. Spurs are in the driving seat whilst we have the advantage of 6 home games, including a game against them.

It's gonna be close.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bluechester » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 pm

spurs then our fixture are the hardest, but villas are the easiest, still wide open, we have BIG, BIG games coming up,now we have to look at getting maximun points from every game, we still have villa & spurs to play so have a big say on our own destiny
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

All 4 still in it, on their day all can fuck it up as well as each other. Liverpool could quite easily (on paper) win all their remainding games ... on paper we have 6 at home with a decent home record of late ... Spurs are on a good run but like us don't think they will; maintain that form ... totally open still for me
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

They could all fucking win every game. We just have to make sure we fucking win ours. I'm sorry for swearing, but this is the most exciting (in the good way) end to a season I can ever remember for us.

DON'T BLOW IT CITY!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They could all fucking win every game. We just have to make sure we fucking win ours. I'm sorry for swearing, but this is the most exciting (in the good way) end to a season I can ever remember for us.

DON'T BLOW IT CITY!

fucking right with you there pal, fuck me
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Also, it's "horse" not "horsed" you've managed to make it sound like a dildo.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I for one dont think Scouse1 will win all their remaining games if you look at current form over the last 6 games they have gained less points than any other team chasing the fourth spot.IMO 69pts will be enough and that means we could easily afford to drop 10pts and still grab fourth none of our competitors can drop that amount of points and grab fourth so in reallity its ours to lose really in other words i think we will do it easily.One horse race and that horse is called Manchester City.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Also, it's "horse" not "horsed" you've managed to make it sound like a dildo.

how exactly did you hear him? i turned the volume all the way up and i am getting nothing...play it backwards tho and it says "Satan...Satan...Satan..."

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm

For me, everyone down to Everton is still in with a chance of fourth... And especially when we play them on Wednesday.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Also, it's "horse" not "horsed" you've managed to make it sound like a dildo.

how exactly did you hear him? i turned the volume all the way up and i am getting nothing...play it backwards tho and it says "Satan...Satan...Satan..."

cheers

Very not funny Doomy mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 pm

We must remain positive. There will be twists and turns to the end of the season.

We need to make sure we are competitive and take our chances. The players have the opportunity to become heroes and prove to an extent that 'the Project' is not all about the money for them, they want success and trophies. Top 4 is part of the journey.

We have lots of big matches and it is great that most of them are at home. Would be fantastic to claim top 4 at home against Villa or Spurs rather than going to the last game away at West Ham.

What a wonderful time to be a Blue.

Thank you once more to the Sheikh for bringing such enjoyment and dreams to City.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

I partially quote from a previous thread, because this is the proper one:

I think that up and down on table will occur probably until Villa home game.
I consider Villa have the easiest run but is the weakest opposition.
I am still quite scared of Liverpool because I think, all top4/FA/SKY/Refs Sympathies included, they have the experience and potential to win all remaining games (excl. rags and Clelsea) and to end up with 69pts.
I think from what the season showed, Spuds are the stronger opponents on paper, but I am also sure that their system of play is the one that most suit to enhance our strenghts, so that, whether they should still be in contention after the nightmare run of meetings with Arsenal, Chelsea and rags, we will hammer them quite easily.

Prudentially, I think we are gonna get 10 pts out of next 4 games (3 wins and a draw to take account of a possible unlucky day...)

1 to 4 pts vs. Rags and Wenger - the only 2 superior opponents - let's think worse: 1 pt. only

Last 3 will be Villa, Spuds and WHU: I think 9/9, but let's say Villa will grab a point - So 7 out of 9

Total 18 + 53 = 71.
Can anybody even consider any of our contenders to arrive that height? I don't... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They could all fucking win every game. We just have to make sure we fucking win ours. I'm sorry for swearing, but this is the most exciting (in the good way) end to a season I can ever remember for us.

DON'T BLOW IT CITY!

fucking right with you there pal, fuck me

same.

whisper it, but i reckon we will do it. COME ON BLUES.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 am

We could do so much for confidence if we get it right in the next 2 or 3 games , good for ours and bad for all the rest.
But it's all about one game at a time with total focus and whatever happens win or lose don't go OTT. We need something like 6 wins in the last 9 matches to get to 70 and we have 6 home games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 am

There is one thing we can all be certain of...that the 4th place will not be decided by what we think will happen. It will be decided by those freaky and unexpected results.
We can calculate and hypothesise all we want but City losing to Hull then beating Chelsea and Fulham away, whilst dropping points at sunderland just cannot be rationalised.
The best advice I can give is to take the valium...fasten your seat belts....and enjoy the ride.

My belief is that we will do it..but not without having a few nightmares and heart attacks on the way.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am

Looking at the fixtures I actually think Scouse are still the main danger. i reckon they will get around fidteen or sixteen more points. Spurs and Villa could very well get little more than ten. I've thought for a while around 67 will do it. Five wins from our remaining fixtures should see us home.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:02 am

john68 wrote:There is one thing we can all be certain of...that the 4th place will not be decided by what we think will happen. It will be decided by those freaky and unexpected results.
We can calculate and hypothesise all we want but City losing to Hull then beating Chelsea and Fulham away, whilst dropping points at sunderland just cannot be rationalised.
The best advice I can give is to take the valium...fasten your seat belts....and enjoy the ride.

My belief is that we will do it..but not without having a few nightmares and heart attacks on the way.

That's for sure, Mate.
today must had been an easy 1-4 and it went a little far from a very false 2-2. You might say it "typical"....
But I do even think that the closer will come the finish line the more stable will be the results of the major contenders.
However, 69-70-71 or whtever, we must and we will get there... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john68 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 am

For the record Piccs,
In their last 10 fixtures, Liverpool have won 4...all at home.
Their away record is disastrous. They lost at Arsenal, Wigan and the rags and only got draws at Stoke, Wolves and City.
They are potentially 10pts behind us, if we win our 2 games in hand.
They have only got 7 games left to suddenly improve their form to a level where they can catch us up.

I have no fears from Liverpool and firmly believe it's between City, Spurs and villa.

By camparison, over the same period, City have played 10 games 3 wins and 1 draw at home...and 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses away.
We are currently showing better form and would need a disastrous run in to allow them to catch up with us.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum