The Penalty

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Penalty

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Was it or wasn't it?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: The Penalty

Postby HeyMark » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Ofcourse it was, they scored from it didnt they ;)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Could've been two ... naturally I didn't see either at the time due to distance, height ... and beer
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 am

If any it could had been the 2nd from Vinnie, eventually.
That awarded against Garreth is just a bad joke from the ref, as I bitterly already said.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby branny » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 am

Ref musta got wind that one of the Sky 4 had lost and needed to redress the balance. In the last 20 minutes he started giving Fulham everything and some of the decisions were laughable. Don't know about the penalty because the replays were inconclusive but he started giving silly things like foul throws, free kicks when we won the ball (Vieira I think it was) and he gave one ridiculous free kick when a Fulham player (Duff?) fell over the ball. It was heart in mouth time when the ball hit Vinnie's hand.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:53 am

I think the fact that Gazbaz arm moved backwards quite sharply suggests there was contact.

I wasn't outraged with the decision.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:00 am

The ball clearly hit his chest. It was shown from multiple angles on Japanese telly and from each one it was clear-cut enough for me to believe that the linesman, who couldn't get his flag up quickly enough, was a cheat. That was not a thing you can get wrong by accident, especially from the angle the linesman had.

Incidentally, the Japanese commentators also agreed with me that it was not handball and while their knowledge is not that great, unlike me they have no axe to grind.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:06 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:The ball clearly hit his chest. It was shown from multiple angles on Japanese telly and from each one it was clear-cut enough for me to believe that the linesman, who couldn't get his flag up quickly enough, was a cheat. That was not a thing you can get wrong by accident, especially from the angle the linesman had.

Incidentally, the Japanese commentators also agreed with me that it was not handball and while their knowledge is not that great, unlike me they have no axe to grind.

Ref evened it out for us IMO by not giving the 2nd which was clear cut.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:The ball clearly hit his chest. It was shown from multiple angles on Japanese telly and from each one it was clear-cut enough for me to believe that the linesman, who couldn't get his flag up quickly enough, was a cheat. That was not a thing you can get wrong by accident, especially from the angle the linesman had.

Well, no. There is a big difference between giving a penalty to make it 2-1 with twenty minutes to go and giving a penalty to make it 2-1 in injury time.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Well, no. There is a big difference between giving a penalty to make it 2-1 with twenty minutes to go and giving a penalty to make it 2-1 in injury time.

True, situational factors aside though, there 2nd was a pen IMO. There is a big difference between not giving a pen when 2-0 up and not giving one 2-1 up at the end as well.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

True, situational factors aside though, there 2nd was a pen IMO. There is a big difference between not giving a pen when 2-0 up and not giving one 2-1 up at the end as well.

the difference beating two different ways of cheating from the referee? im not sure i follow. Tho i surely get the concept...both decisions are actually really poor imho. And yr point is that they balance each other out....which is really not how i want to consider the officials should be judged at a professional level.

If they felt they got the first one wrong, then why on earth would they call it? Yr suggesting that in the minutes afterwards they had some change of heart?

Do you know what i mean?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 am

I don't think the Barry one was a penalty but I do actually think that, had the referee not given that, he would certainly have given one for Kompany's handball at the end.

So overall, two wrong decisions that evened out. We can't complain really
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:52 am

No fucking way was it penalty. But to be fair, ref wasn't going to give it until linesman flagged it, so the call was purely down the linesman rather than ref. Referee was positioned (correctly) so that he wouldn't have had idea either way.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 am

Neither were a pen. Football is getting daft. If you dive to save it, deliberately pat the ball away or lean obviously, etc, etc, etc, but this thing of hitting arms when the ball is belted at you, sometimes from a few yards away, is crazy. Neither were pens, it's just getting silly.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 am

The one in injury time wasnt a penalty either.
Not to me, and not to the refereeing analysis I watched afterwards.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am

Personaly I dont care if it was or was not a penalty. If that was one of the decisions to go against us this season and we still won, then all is cool.....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Fish111 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 am

Gareths lack of any sort of protest indicated to me that it was a penalty and i fully expected the linesman to give the one against Vinnie too. My arse was twitching for the last 20 minutes.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 am

Fish111 wrote:Gareths lack of any sort of protest indicated to me that it was a penalty

Mate he was going fucking mental at the ref telling him to FUCK OFF and NO WAY THAT WAS A FUCKING HANDBALL??

He went spasticated
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 am

ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Gareths lack of any sort of protest indicated to me that it was a penalty

Mate he was going fucking mental at the ref telling him to FUCK OFF and NO WAY THAT WAS A FUCKING HANDBALL??

He went spasticated

I wasn't there ant but the tv showed a little shouting but nothing more, i may have missed it. The replays on tv indicated it was handball and i would be a little more arsed if the decision had cost us the result but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter in the end. Thankfully.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 am

Fish111 wrote:
ant london wrote:

He went spasticated

I wasn't there ant but the tv showed a little shouting but nothing more, i may have missed it. The replays on tv indicated it was handball and i would be a little more arsed if the decision had cost us the result but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter in the end. Thankfully.

Yeah I don't know whether we see differently edited coverage over here but on the coverage on TV here he was going chicken oriental at the ref.

Justifiably so....Kompany on the other hand, looked rather sheepish and relieved

Which said it all for me
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum