Match Of The Day 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Match Of The Day 2

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:20 am

unbelievable.. showed the least they could get away with of City's attacks and threats, made it seem that Fulham were unlucky. didnt even question the Barry handball. didnt even go over Tevez's brilliant goal that he started by jinking a player on the half way line. Was the best goal of the day if not the weekend.
( Here on Spanish tv they replayed the goal 5 times during the match, the commentators didnt shut up about it until well into the second half! What difference unbiased commentators make. )

cant wait until we are challengers for the title.. they are going to suffer so much having to put us on top billing and have chat about how good we are.. they will be squirming in their seats and their lips will hardly part while they talk..

muppets

cant wait
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ruralblue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 am

I ended up so fucked off at the drooling over manure and fucked off to bed. I did tape the last half hour and will watch the game this morning.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 am

King Kev wrote:Dixon should grow a pair and tell them to either to give us a decent showing or he's off.

Said that before in a MOTD thread a few weeks back. Hansen, Shearer, Lawro etc. are all biased as fuck.

I would never think that Dixon actually is a City fan the way he talks about them, the only thing he said really was that it was a vital 3 points for the chase of "that 4th spot" .

Also pissed me off how they spent more time talking about how "unlucky" Fulham were and how angry their manager looked than about the actual game and our dominance in it.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Fish111 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 am

Moaning sods, buy Sky then ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby guv111 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
King Kev wrote:Dixon should grow a pair and tell them to either to give us a decent showing or he's off.

Said that before in a MOTD thread a few weeks back. Hansen, Shearer, Lawro etc. are all biased as fuck.

I would never think that Dixon actually is a City fan the way he talks about them, the only thing he said really was that it was a vital 3 points for the chase of "that 4th spot" .

Also pissed me off how they spent more time talking about how "unlucky" Fulham were and how angry their manager looked than about the actual game and our dominance in it.

Didn't MOTD recruit Slaven Bilic recently, on a one-off basis? Maybe I dreamt it, because it transformed the programme into something actually watchabe. Articulate, no particular axe to grind; my senile old memory even seems to recall him speaking up for City while he was being patronised by Alan Hansen et al.

If Dixon were man enough to to have some principles, he would make a point of defending City against the Spurs-for-fourth campaign and other transgressions at BBC/Sport/Fotball and elsewhere in the media. He's comfortably the most eloquent of the regulars, but it seems to me that he's so chuffed to be there, getting paid for chatting about football, that he's terrified of knocking some housewives' favourite's nose out of joint. Either that, or he couldn't really give a monkey's about City. Not while Arsenal are winning.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 am

guv111 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Didn't MOTD recruit Slaven Bilic recently, on a one-off basis? Maybe I dreamt it, because it transformed the programme into something actually watchabe. Articulate, no particular axe to grind; my senile old memory even seems to recall him speaking up for City while he was being patronised by Alan Hansen et al.

If Dixon were man enough to to have some principles, he would make a point of defending City against the Spurs-for-fourth campaign and other transgressions at BBC/Sport/Fotball and elsewhere in the media. He's comfortably the most eloquent of the regulars, but it seems to me that he's so chuffed to be there, getting paid for chatting about football, that he's terrified of knocking some housewives' favourite's nose out of joint. Either that, or he couldn't really give a monkey's about City. Not while Arsenal are winning.

They bring in Bilic Guv and I agree he was a breath of fresh air. From what I seen last night, they didn't talk about the splendid fluent attack and finish for the second goal, just two possible penalty decisions.

I no longer watch the pundits on MOTD or SKY where possible. I find Jamie Redknapp can be fairly balanced in his oppinions and explanations regarding a game, and gives a fresh insight from a player who has recently played the game at a higher tempo than say Lawrenson/Hansen from the 80's

But other than Redknapp, I can't stomach the anti City bias just because the Top four are in the process of being dismantled. A few years ago when we were wallowing in a barrel of Premier league shite, no one gave a damn. Now we have a few bob, I don't care what people think.

I can make my own decisions on how my team are playing, and don't need to listen to the ramblings of a senile former player, who is encouraged to be a controversial as possible in an effort to increase ratings.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blootoof » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

I'm surprised anyone still watches MOTD tbh.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby guv111 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
They bring in Bilic Guv and I agree he was a breath of fresh air. From what I seen last night, they didn't talk about the splendid fluent attack and finish for the second goal, just two possible penalty decisions.

I no longer watch the pundits on MOTD or SKY where possible. I find Jamie Redknapp can be fairly balanced in his oppinions and explanations regarding a game, and gives a fresh insight from a player who has recently played the game at a higher tempo than say Lawrenson/Hansen from the 80's

But other than Redknapp, I can't stomach the anti City bias just because the Top four are in the process of being dismantled. A few years ago when we were wallowing in a barrel of Premier league shite, no one gave a damn. Now we have a few bob, I don't care what people think.

I can make my own decisions on how my team are playing, and don't need to listen to the ramblings of a senile former player, who is encouraged to be a controversial as possible in an effort to increase ratings.

Couldn't agree more. 5Live are possibly even worse. The build-up to the snore-fest that was Man U v Liverpool was still droning on whenever I turned on the radio from about 10am. City? Not even worthy of commentary. Not even on 5Live Xtra... All we in Radioland got was a very occassional update from Jacqui Oatley. Thanks, BBC. Can't wait for my Licence Renewal to wing its way here.

WHY DO YOU NOT SHOW A LONGER EDIT OF THE SUNDAY MATCH IN MOTD2?

Unfortunately we're only allowed contractually to show ten minutes of match action from a Sunday live game.

I'm not sure if they mean they can't show more than 10 minutes of a live game featured on Sky, or any live game on a Sunday featuring living people? Either way, giving City less than five minutes isn't explainable by that.

Apologies for the lengthy quoting.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 am

I don't see why Dixon is getting flak for this. It isn't him who edits the studio footage.

If you don't like a programme, why do you watch it? Thirty years ago there were two programmes showing weekend football on the telly, Match of the Day and The Big Match plus Sportsnight (RIP Harry) on Wednesday nights. Now you've got dozens of them to choose from plus the internet.

I am actually pleased we are being ignored; it takes all the pressure off. Let spurs cope with the media expectation.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby JonnyAsh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 am

I don't miss MOTD since I've been living in New York these last 2 years.
Here on Fox Sports, they do show all the highlights over and over again, for days afterwards, and they are usually pretty fair as mostly they haven't a clue what they are talking about. Anyway the fit blond bird said something nice about City today about City doing the right things so she's especially fit now in my eyes!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby ant london » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I don't see why Dixon is getting flak for this. It isn't him who edits the studio footage.

If you don't like a programme, why do you watch it? Thirty years ago there were two programmes showing weekend football on the telly, Match of the Day and The Big Match plus Sportsnight (RIP Harry) on Wednesday nights. Now you've got dozens of them to choose from plus the internet.

I am actually pleased we are being ignored; it takes all the pressure off. Let spurs cope with the media expectation.

I agree with that....I just don't see why some people continue to get upset about this.

It is well commented from longtime on here that the MOTD coverage varies between ignoring City to being actively anti-City

Why watch it? Or if you choose to, why do expect anything other than the type of bias shown previously.

I don't care. "Everyone wants us to fail" hasn't exactly done the scum any harm has it....we just need to use that sentiment from outside to our advantage rather than crying about it
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 am

WHY DO YOU NOT SHOW A LONGER EDIT OF THE SUNDAY MATCH IN MOTD2?

Unfortunately we're only allowed contractually to show ten minutes of match action from a Sunday live game.
That is clearly a load of bollocks because they showed way more than 10 minutes of the scouse v scum game!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I don't see why Dixon is getting flak for this. It isn't him who edits the studio footage.
Whilst he doesn't have control over the edit, I am assuming that he has some control about what he says and what his opinions are. Personally I would like to see him stand up to the City bashing from time to time.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Grob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

ant london wrote:

I agree with that....I just don't see why some people continue to get upset about this.

It is well commented from longtime on here that the MOTD coverage varies between ignoring City to being actively anti-City

Why watch it? Or if you choose to, why do expect anything other than the type of bias shown previously.

I don't care. "Everyone wants us to fail" hasn't exactly done the scum any harm has it....we just need to use that sentiment from outside to our advantage rather than crying about it

Agreed. A very precious topic. On Sunday the other 2 matches involved 2 of the countries top 3 teams with one match being a Derby. Of course they were going to get top billing.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Andy, lincs » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Grob wrote:
ant london wrote:

Agreed. A very precious topic. On Sunday the other 2 matches involved 2 of the countries top 3 teams with one match being a Derby. Of course they were going to get top billing.

I wouldn't argue that the other matches deserved higher billing than ours but what I would question is the constant lack of any positive analysis regarding City. Our performance was totally disregarded. They were keen enough to rip Bridge to shreds on MOTD yet I have seen very little in the way of praise for anything regarding us, Tevez analised, Lescott returning to some sort of form (injury not withstanding), Adam Johnsons terrific start to his City career, Bellamys contribution all topics that are hugely relevant to our seasons progress but forgive me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any of this shown.
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Jesus H Christ, some people's "woe is City" stance is bordering on the playground now.

The BBC show the most popular teams to get the most viewers. Simple as. THERE ARE NO CONSPIRACY THEORIES! The sooner people realise that the better, at least for the sanity of this site.

We'd all like to see City on 24/7 with Merson kissing our arse and maybe even Lawro with a cheeky finger. But it's just not going to happen. Not until we start winning the league every year at least.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby HeyMark » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Jesus H Christ, some people's "woe is City" stance is bordering on the playground now.

The BBC show the most popular teams to get the most viewers. Simple as. THERE ARE NO CONSPIRACY THEORIES! The sooner people realise that the better, at least for the sanity of this site.

We'd all like to see City on 24/7 with Merson kissing our arse and maybe even Lawro with a cheeky finger. But it's just not going to happen. Not until we start winning the league every year at least.

We'll have no more of this sensible posting, thank you very much!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Jesus H Christ, some people's "woe is City" stance is bordering on the playground now.

You mentioned this to me in another thread and wondered if I might be a little paranoid. Well, you answered the question for me as in my eyes, it is a BIG enough reason. It's all about audience and therefore, money.

Thank you very much ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

You mentioned this to me in another thread and wondered if I might be a little paranoid. Well, you answered the question for me as in my eyes, it is a BIG enough reason. It's all about audience and therefore, money.

Thank you very much ;-)

Are you sure it was me?

Of course it's all about $. Everything is though! Even the BBC have their reasons for chasing audiences.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum