Barry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barry

Postby blue wine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 am

i think we have seen a new barry in the last month..he is really playing well bosing the midfield. I always thought hes been a calm player but in last few games he been full of passion and has this fighting spirit. really liking it.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: Barry

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 am

He has been good while playing alongside Vieira. They way Paddy plays, it leaves more space for Barry to operate in and be more positive.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am

Its that cliche again...form and class...he was just having a blip...the guy was revered at Villa...you don't get that for being shite
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dronny » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 am

I watched the way Paddy and Gazza combined really well yesterday and snuffed out Murphy and his cohorts, in fact Gazza probably shaded MoM from Vinnie imo.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 am

I am a bloody self-centered bloke... :-) and obsessed by the idea that football is mostly about ruling over midfield, too...
So please forgive me and allow this self quote taken from Liverpool EPL home after-match:

MANCIO4EVER wrote:Zip...

Perhaps Gareth Berry has not been the best, but his continuos growth, is getting every match more impacting and effectfull.

Zip....

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:00 am

He's another class player and it will benefit us. Though some seem to expect every signing to suddenly pull up trees and produce worldy performances every day, the gradual rise in quality is coming good.

Although I was just saying what a nasty habit he has of hand-balling it when...................................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He has been good while playing alongside Vieira. They way Paddy plays, it leaves more space for Barry to operate in and be more positive.

Spot on. The thing people need to remember is Gareth Barry is NOT a defensive midfielder and has been played too deep throughout the season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:I am a bloody self-centered bloke... :-) and obsessed by the idea that football is mostly about ruling over midfield, too...
So please forgive me and allow this self quote taken from Liverpool EPL home after-match:

MANCIO4EVER wrote:Zip...

Perhaps Gareth Berry has not been the best, but his continuos growth, is getting every match more impacting and effectfull.

Zip....

Did you take out your flute when you were saying that? ;-)
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Took a while to get back to the form he played for Villa but I think we are seeing why they loved him so much over there and he was picked for England now.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Scorchio » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:15 pm

A lot of people on here have short memories. Barry was superb at the start of the season for us. Coincidentally (or not) De Jong wasnt playing.
Scorchio
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Vhero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Scorchio wrote:A lot of people on here have short memories. Barry was superb at the start of the season for us. Coincidentally (or not) De Jong wasnt playing.

Was talking about De Jong and Barry together the other night with a couple of blues the main subject being that playing them together is probably a bad idea they play better separate. As great as they are (I don't doubt there skill) they do play better without each other. We should either play one or the other..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum