Season Scoring Record

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Season Scoring Record

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Just a quickie to distract us from talk of other topics. We still have 9 games to go and could see Mr Tevez hit 30 goals for the season. Maybe asking a bit much I know!

However, regardless of whether we have CL or Europa league football next season, could we see Tevez beat the long standing 38 goals in a season set by Tommy Johnson back in the mid twenties? what are your thoughts?

I personally think he can make a run for the record. He's playing in possibly the best team in 20/30 years, and the only other players to get close were Shaun Goater a decade ago, and Franny Lee in the early 70's...respectively with 32 and 35 from memory (??)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Season Scoring Record

Postby Crossie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Next season yes. He wasnt properly fit at the start of this one, and has miss a few games for various reasons.

I wonder how many games Tommy Johnson played, i bet it wasn't 40-odd!

He is a great player, best since Anelka
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Season Scoring Record

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Crossie wrote:Next season yes. He wasnt properly fit at the start of this one, and has miss a few games for various reasons.

I wonder how many games Tommy Johnson played, i bet it wasn't 40-odd!

He is a great player, best since Anelka

I agree Crossie, but then Football now is completely different, and a much more different game. Back then you have players sipping a bottle of Brandy or smoking a few tabs. So in comparison there has to be a few trade offs for each ers to balance things up.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum