Ireland Departure?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland Departure?

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I dipped into the board of Satan and found this little Nugget

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/vi ... 1&t=168221

Dreadful if so
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Ireland Departure?

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Tin hat on?
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Ceratinly is! ;)

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Personally I dont agree as he isn't pulling his weight. When we were a worse side he stood out, not now.

I wish people could put aside this sentimental 'he is our academy player' business and look at the performances in front of them.

We will be moving on from the likes of SWP and Ireland this summer, unless they suddenly buck up. Or are people prepared to give 'patience' purely for sentiment and not results?

If so we are all wasting our energy wanting to win titles.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Bluemong??!

Oh dear...

These ITKs are the fucking virus of football forums and the main reason I don't go near that kip.

I'd lose my fucking sense of reason if I had an account on that place and end up abusing all these fucking attention seeking fuckwits.

I obviously don't know that poster but I bet if you look through his other posts you'll find he does not like Mancini one bit and this was just another way to try and gather support for his personal crusade.

All that said, if/when Ireland leaves it will be a massive mistake and he will be a top player in a top club IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Utter Bollox
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:44 pm

john@staustell wrote:Personally I dont agree as he isn't pulling his weight. When we were a worse side he stood out, not now.

I wish people could put aside this sentimental 'he is our academy player' business and look at the performances in front of them.

We will be moving on from the likes of SWP and Ireland this summer, unless they suddenly buck up. Or are people prepared to give 'patience' purely for sentiment and not results?

I do agree he hasn’t done well this year. However, I believe it is a poor move, as we know how he can play.

He picked up the injury at Wolves and then came back just before the Stoke FAC game. We’ve seen what happened at international level with him, and I think If someone can put their arm around him, we could see him blossom again

Manx Blue

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Original Dub wrote: I bet if you look through his other posts you'll find he does not like Mancini one bit and this was just another way to try and gather support for his personal crusade.

Spot on. That poster has been on a Mancini Out crusade for a long time now. Oh and he also claims to know that Jose Mourinho is coming in the summer. :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

john@staustell wrote:Personally I dont agree as he isn't pulling his weight. When we were a worse side he stood out, not now.

i respect your opinion staustel, but it isn't just about SI being academy and all that, it is about him being a fantastic player.

ok he has had a poor season so far by his standard last year, but that doesn't mean he is done for
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I suppose you could analyse Stevie forever, but it could be that he found it much easier to dominate before he was surrounded by quality players, whereas he now has to interact with them. Also you might say that his undoubted brilliance in matches was often countered by periods of 'where is he now?'

I just wonder whether he was ever cut out to move up with the team. Also Bobby seems pretty good at sussing out players, after giving them a fair shout.

But if he is off form mainly as a result of the injury then fair play.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Original Dub wrote: I bet if you look through his other posts you'll find he does not like Mancini one bit and this was just another way to try and gather support for his personal crusade.

Spot on. That poster has been on a Mancini Out crusade for a long time now. Oh and he also claims to know that Jose Mourinho is coming in the summer. :)

Has he chaps? Apologies....I just dip in every once in a while

Manx Blue

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:52 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

was actually about to post that this smells like another agenda is behind it...

glad you posted that mate
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:I suppose you could analyse Stevie forever, but it could be that he found it much easier to dominate before he was surrounded by quality players, whereas he now has to interact with them. Also you might say that his undoubted brilliance in matches was often countered by periods of 'where is he now?'

I just wonder whether he was ever cut out to move up with the team. Also Bobby seems pretty good at sussing out players, after giving them a fair shout.

my take is the injury, part games, illness also, the change of manager, the team not necessarily playing well, new system that just doesn't suit him, plus he is a sensitive soul and i will say it till i am blue in the face.. his creativity is based on stability. Highly creative people get fucled up by a lot of instability around them, they lose concentration and with it a sense of sharpness in their actions.. all of which frustrates them immensely and gets into their heads.

imo it also why Stevie ditched playing for Eire.. too much mess for him to have to deal with.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Dronny » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm

As someone posted on Bluemong, when Stevie was warming up down our end he was given a massive cheer and round of applause which he duly responded too with applause of his own. Thought it funny at the time as Neddy joined in clapping back with Stevie, don't know whether he thought some of the applause was for him lol!!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

I can never understand why anyone would want to get rid of a manager purely for personal pleasure, particularly when progress is being made.

We're improving and if that's with Mancini and without Ireland then fine, as long as its in the best interest of the club.

He mentioned shite about Vieira too.... now I wasn't a big fan of him as a signing and he still has a lot to do for me, but this fucking knob saying "anyone who wants him in the team ahead of Ireland can fuck off". He obviously didn't watch the game yesterday.

No, he's just a tool that needs attention on a message board and we had our very own one of them here and there through the years - R_I_G, CITYTILLIDIEAGED11.... the difference is over in that kip, there are LOADS of them and they all "consult" each other about different "ITK" things -

"Is that what you heard too AJ mate?"
"Yeah my source said the exact same thing..."
"What about you Uve's Grandad?
"I can confirm that my source said something very similar"

And so on and so on, until all the little kids there have worked themselves into a frenzy that turns a thread instantly 50 pages long.... meanwhile these lonely, grown men are probably PMing each other and having a right old laugh.

Its fucking embarrassing really when you think about it.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:I suppose you could analyse Stevie forever, but it could be that he found it much easier to dominate before he was surrounded by quality players, whereas he now has to interact with them. Also you might say that his undoubted brilliance in matches was often countered by periods of 'where is he now?'

This..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby david yearsley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

That poster is a grade one attention hoe!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm

I don't think we'd be looking to sell Ireland even if he was playing a lot worse than he has done. He qualifies as a home grown player and home grown players of his quality are few and far between.

Over the next two years or so these home grown players will grow in value even if they are not the best player in the team. Can't remember when the new ruling comes in but it will change the outlook on who you buy and who you ditch. For this reason alone I aslo reckon we will refuse to let Nedum leave even if he wants to.

Was also a massive reason why Marwood went all out for Adam Johnson in the window too. Very good business there.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Crossie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I dont think Ireland is quite right physically this season, he needs a good rest.

He also cant play in the same team as Tevez, because Tevez's energy takes him into Ireland positions.

I really really dont think we would ever sell him to the scum or a direct competitor without benefiting heavily from a swap.

Why cant we loan him to Spain or something next season? Or even some newly promoted team.

I know he hasnt really been great this season, but he hasnt ever been settle, not found his feet with our new set up. He would become great again given the chance.

If you had to choose Ireland or Mancini to stay, who would you pick?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby mr_nool » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Crossie wrote:I dont think Ireland is quite right physically this season, he needs a good rest.

He also cant play in the same team as Tevez, because Tevez's energy takes him into Ireland positions.

I really really dont think we would ever sell him to the scum or a direct competitor without benefiting heavily from a swap.

Why cant we loan him to Spain or something next season? Or even some newly promoted team.

I know he hasnt really been great this season, but he hasnt ever been settle, not found his feet with our new set up. He would become great again given the chance.

If you had to choose Ireland or Mancini to stay, who would you pick?

That's the main problem in my opinion. And sorry Stevie, but Tevez is a better footballer then you are ...
Ireland will have to force himself to adept to another role (either more box-to-box, or on the wing), or be content being a bit part player for us.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum