Team & Tactics v Toffees

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team & Tactics v Toffees

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Major game and I expect it will be very tight. Mancini knows enough of them first hand + recent results to know they are a very good side. He has come out and said that we will be attacking but I do expect an element of caution in trying to ensure we control midfield.That's fine as long as we win and it can be as ugly a win as you like.

Not many games involving Everton that don't end up being ugly unless someone gets a few goals against them. It's usually the same game each week with Everton. They either win draw or lose but it's shite whatever the result.

Not with Arteta back, I enjoy watching him in full flow
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Its going to be a tricky fixture.Everton have been playing well.Im glad Fellanini is out and Landon Donavan has returned to L.A Galaxy.He was in good form on his short spell in england.Tim Cahill has been struggling for form lately might not even make the side i reckon, hope im right hes one of those players who always causes city problems.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Major game and I expect it will be very tight. Mancini knows enough of them first hand + recent results to know they are a very good side. He has come out and said that we will be attacking but I do expect an element of caution in trying to ensure we control midfield.That's fine as long as we win and it can be as ugly a win as you like.

Not many games involving Everton that don't end up being ugly unless someone gets a few goals against them. It's usually the same game each week with Everton. They either win draw or lose but it's shite whatever the result.

Not with Arteta back, I enjoy watching him in full flow

I know what you mean. When they score from a corner & Arteta's playing, it's much more entertaining than when they score from a corner & he's not ;-)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 pm

If de Jong was remotely what it says on the tin this would be a game for him. Go and sort Arteta out and stop him playing, and while your at it , take turns with Zab on Piennar. If.....Be interesting to see if being dropped has made a difference. Doubt it. Afterall he cost 16 million quid and plays for Holland.These two are their main men. But really we ought to be able to power through Everton on our best form.Comon you blues.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I'd go with the following....

--------------Given---------------

Micah---Komps---Toure---Barry

-------Paddy V----De Jong---------

SWP--------Ireland--------Bellers

-------------Tevez--------------

Taylor, Zabba, Garrido, Johnson, Onuoha, Santa, Sylvinho
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby bluechester » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm

id start with the same side that played fulham, 442 is the way forward, attack teams early, only need to play 451 against the big clubs, look at the fulham game should have been 3 or 4 nil up before they scored, think the tactics were spot on, so same again from me
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Esky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:If de Jong was remotely what it says on the tin this would be a game for him. Go and sort Arteta out and stop him playing, and while your at it , take turns with Zab on Piennar. If.....Be interesting to see if being dropped has made a difference. Doubt it. Afterall he cost 16 million quid and plays for Holland.These two are their main men. But really we ought to be able to power through Everton on our best form.Comon you blues.

Give up the ghost, we get it. Every other thread I read at the moment involves you singling him out whether wholly relevant or otherwise. Debate the 11 we should play rather than one player we shouldn't.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 am

I'm getting increasingly nervous about this tie, Mates!
I reckon this is gonna be the trickier untill derby, because of Toffies features and Moyes hyper-motivated approach.
I am worried if we are gonna dropping any point from now to derby, this will be the one.
One the other hand, should we cruise over this tie, it will be a very evidential sign of improvement on how manager and Lads fit.

Just wish Ade was available, I am convinced it could have been extremely helpfull in this particular clash!

well, I know the "please no another former gunner" school of mind is quite popular on the board, but I do personally disagree (at least for what Ade is concerned)... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:45 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:think we could do with Paddy's size in midfield to combat the likes of Cahill and Fellaini, especially now Lescott is out (fuck me i would have LOVED IT if he had scored the winner).

Fellaini has been ruled out for 6 months

fucking sweet - when did that happen?

about a month ago

Yes, try and keep up chaps!

Do pay attention 007!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 am

--------------------Given

Zabba---Toure-----Vinny----spanish Gaz

Johnson---Vieira------Barry---Bellers

-----------RSC---------Tevez

When we're 2 goals in front, take off Vieira put NDJ on. If we're struggling and drawing or losing, put Ireland on for Vieira around 60 minute mark.
Think this is one of them games where De Jong isn't really needed unless we need to hang on. I think he bring pressure onto us aswell with him just pottering around the 18 yard line. Gives their CM's the oppurtunity to bring the ball at us, so only if we've got a decent lead where one goal won't get them right back in the game.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Martinez » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am

I reckon we'll start with the same eleven as against Fulham if everyone is fit. Would love for Ireland to be in the side but there just isn't anything to justify it atm. Would also be tempted to play Micah on the right, Mad Zab on the left but Garrido's left foot just edges it for me. After all, we should look to attack right
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mike J » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am

assuming that bellers is fit enough to play a 2nd game within the space of a few days we have to get him on the ball as much as poss to get at chuckle 2.

centre mid is the tough one for me and i think i agree that this isnt the game for de jong. just hope vieira can keep up with the pace.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Hopefully, Stevie will get a chance tonight and give the manager a selection headache, like Santa has done in the last two games. Can we trust Garrido, an interesting question. I suspect Mancini thinks not cos too many crosses will come in. But its a tough call. He did well on Sunday.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Team:

The one that Mancini picks.

Tactics:

Beat them, and beat them Hard!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Hopefully, Stevie will get a chance tonight and give the manager a selection headache, like Santa has done in the last two games. Can we trust Garrido, an interesting question. I suspect Mancini thinks not cos too many crosses will come in. But its a tough call. He did well on Sunday.

he may well give Garrido a chance to prove he can do it.. but i feel sure he will keep an eye on him, Gaz didn't do to well against them at Goodison.. but then who the fucl did?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:--------------------Given

When we're 2 goals in front, take off Vieira put NDJ on. If we're struggling and drawing or losing, put Ireland on for Vieira around 60 minute mark.
Think this is one of them games where De Jong isn't really needed unless we need to hang on. I think he bring pressure onto us aswell with him just pottering around the 18 yard line. Gives their CM's the oppurtunity to bring the ball at us, so only if we've got a decent lead where one goal won't get them right back in the game.

Same to me, I reckon the same fulham starters would be the most balanced and powerfull/attacking aimed too.
Wish was Ade upfront, though...
But I just read on OS mancio claiming for some possible changes... maybe Micha to be stronger on headballing, mmmhh...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Same to me, I reckon the same fulham starters would be the most balanced and powerfull/attacking aimed too.
But I just read on OS mancio claiming for some possible changes... maybe Micha to be stronger on headballing, mmmhh...

I'm comfortable with Micah at right back.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

I'm comfortable with Micah at right back.

As i said more times if we don't invest on developing Micah's potential we are all mad.
But confortable (for defensive sake only, of course) is not the first word that comes to my mind.
You know, perhaps I'm just getting too nervous and start having my little slice of "typical City syndrome".... :-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 am

Is the glass man fit for this. I certainly hope so, I thought that the Roquestar gave us a bit of extra pzazzz against Fulham

Also is this Ade's last match of the ban?

I'd go with pretty much the same team as last time. I don't mind Garrido at LB to be honest. I'd like us to play the 4-4-2 we did last time with that becoming 4-2-4 as it often did when we poured forward.

Start with the Dog and Zabba on the bench (ie play Michael Richards at RB) and bring them on to disrupt and spoil once we get our noses in front. We need to go for the throat though
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 am

I just hope someone takes out Cahill early on, can't stand that prick.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum