Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 am

IN-FORM Carlos Tevez is ­Manchester City’s ­answer to big rivals United’s star striker Wayne Rooney.
That was the claim yesterday from City defender Javier Garrido, who reckons Tevez would be Player of the Year this season if it were not for ­33-goal Rooney.
Argentina star Tevez scored what turned out to be the winner in City’s 2-1 win at Fulham on Sunday.
It took Roberto ­Mancini’s side into fifth, two points behind Spurs in fourth but with a game in hand – and on course to qualify for the ­Champions League for the first time.
Tevez’s strike was his 16th in the league this campaign and 22nd overall.
Garrido said: “Carlos is definitely one of the in-form strikers.
“When he plays, the team has ­confidence because he is a player that gives his best, works hard and scores goals for us.
“He is a key player, a main player for us. It could be if Rooney wasn’t around he would be Player of the Year.
“We know how well Rooney has done for them, but for Man City, maybe ­Carlos is like Wayne Rooney is for United.
“He works hard and gives us a lot, and the team feels that.”
Spaniard Garrido insisted City did have their eyes on a place in the ­Champions League next season.
“We are thinking about it – why not?” he added. “We are in the right position and right situation.
“We beat Fulham, a team that tries to play good ­football, so we have to keep going.
“We have to keep working like we have done. It’s going to be difficult, but we are in the right situation to join the top four.
“We are in a good ­position. These are the last games and we have to do well, we have to be strong and it is in our hands to get the fourth position. Our challenge is to be there.”
Garrido was a last-minute ­replacement for Joleon Lescott at ­Craven Cottage after the England ­defender suffered a hamstring injury.
He added: “I haven’t been playing for a few weeks, obviously I want to play week in, week out, but I have to ­understand the manager’s decision and when he calls me I have to be ready.”

£40m Villa is on the market
CHELSEA and Manchester City are on red alert after debt-riddled Valencia agreed to sell striker David Villa.
His team-mate Silva is also available and Manchester United are sure to fancy the attacking midfielder, who may fetch up to £20million.
The Spanish team want to raise £50m by selling both players but Villa could cost £40m alone if a bidding war erupts between the Premier League's richest clubs.
Insiders say Villa, who has fired 121 goals in 223 outings for Valencia and 37 in 55 internationals, will also be wanted by Barcelona and Real Madrid.
But he is thought to prefer a move to the Premier League, with Chelsea his first choice.
Nicolas Anelka is stalling over an extended one-year deal at Chelsea and Blues fans would view Villa, 28, as an eye-popping replacement.
Villa said: "For now my head is in Valencia and the World Cup.
"After South Africa I will decide what's best. My final decision won't be based solely on money."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has shelved his plan to sign Roman Pavlyuchenko from Tottenham because the striker's recent form has been too good. The Blues had a £10m bid for the Russian turned down in January. Daily Mirror

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has lined up a deal to sell Albert Riera to Spartak Moscow. It follows the midfielder's outburst in which he described the Anfield club as "a sinking ship". Daily Mail

Everton are planning a £650,000 summer swoop for Portugal Under-20 striker Joao Silva, who plays for Desportivo das Aves and is the top scorer in his country's second division. Daily Mail

Wigan and Sunderland are chasing Egypt winger Ahmed Al-Muhammadi, 22, from ENPPI for about £3m. The Sun

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy hopes to land Ghana striker Jordan Ayew, 19, from French club Marseille - possibly on an initial one-year loan deal. (Daily Mirror)

West Bromwich Albion could make a move for defender Calum Davenport, 27, who is a free agent after being released by West Ham. The Sun

Queens Park Rangers will send on-loan goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, 23, back to Wolves so manager Neil Warnock can bring in more loan signings. (Daily Star)

Doncaster say they cannot afford to sign on-loan striker Billy Sharp, 24, in the summer because his club Sheffield United want £1.5m for him. (Daily Star)

Former Celtic striker Chris Killen wants to stay with Middlesbrough beyond the end of his current contract, which expires this summer. (Daily Record)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.footballfancast.com/football ... ags-beauty

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has owner Roman Abramovich's full backing - unless the Stamford Bridge outfit have a disastrous end to the season. (Daily Star)

Or Ancelotti has 21 days to rescue Chelsea's season and his job or he will be shown the door. Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Chelsea's injury problems have worsened, with the news that Branislav Ivanovic has been ruled out for a month, leaving the club without their first (Jose Bosingwa) and second-choice right-backs. Daily Mail

Barcelona's French striker Thierry Henry says he does not want to play against Arsenal in the Champions League quarter-final - and he will not celebrate if he scores against his former side. Daily Express

The Premier League's sale of its overseas broadcasting rights for 2010 to 2013 will raise about £1.4bn, more than double the previous level and a leap of £13m per club, per year. Daily Mirror

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is confident Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano will commit his long-term future to the club. (The Times)

Former Charlton and West Ham United boss Alan Curbishley is ready to take over as manager of Championship side Bristol City following Gary Johnson's departure last week. (Daily Star)

Days after rapper P Diddy was linked with a move to buy Crystal Palace, fellow hip hop superstar Jay-Z has revealed he could be interested in investing some of his estimated £500m fortune in Arsenal.
Daily Mirror

Gallagher Hopes For City Spurt On The Back Of Oasis Split
Rocker LIAM GALLAGHER is convinced his beloved Manchester City are set for a soccer heyday - because the team has always performed well when OASIS weren't.
The lifelong City fanatic admits he was always frustrated when Oasis were at the top of the charts - because his favourite team were dreadful.
And they only tasted success when Oasis were struggling with band feuds and bad press.
Gallagher hopes that now the band has split, Manchester City will storm to the top of the English Premiership.
He tells soccer magazine Four Four Two, "Every time Oasis were doing really well, City were doing really s**t! That always seemed to be the way. But now we've split up, City are doing really good.
"I've had 18 great years with Oasis, so maybe there's some good times ahead with City and that'll take the pain of the band splitting off a bit."
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 am

villa and tevez up front next season, yes the hell please
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:52 am

Wooders wrote:villa and tevez up front next season, yes the hell please

That'd be partnership worth few goals.

Wonder if we could do some sort of swap deal with Santa Cruz going the other way?

Just dreaming.....
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Crossie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 am

Villa said: "For now my head is in Valencia and the World Cup.
"After South Africa I will decide what's best. My final decision won't be based solely on money."

Thats a no then
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:09 am

I have to say the only Spanish stories on this seem to say 'according to yesterday's English Daily Star', which the Sun has obviously read and bounced back to England.

Nuff said. Wait until July for Villa fever!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 am

Crossie wrote:Villa said: "For now my head is in Valencia and the World Cup.

Thats a no then

If we can offer Champions league football then it'll double our chances. Thats why it is so important we don't fuck it up. It could cost us Villa. We should give them £70m for Villa and Silva. Watch the fuckers rip it up.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am

Thats a no then

No, Mate.
That's a:
what's up on the plate? EPL title race and CL stage! Not a bad start, good. What's next then?
You might line up along with V. Kompany, K. Toure, G. Barry and C. Tevez or Ade! Oh, that's lovely! Any further?
Well, we are dealing hardly with that further ... let me check... oh yes, it seems a xavi alonso would join along with you...
Ok that's definitely enough! where're the papers?... :-)

I am dreaming about that (one player or another, but that quality) and we are just 9 games far from...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Esky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 am

I know the Villa rumours are never ending but for my money he is the best out and out striker in the world. Hoping he moves in the summer so it's finally put to bed.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:villa and tevez up front next season, yes the hell please

That'd be partnership worth few goals.

Wonder if we could do some sort of swap deal with Santa Cruz going the other way?

Just dreaming.....

Dont see why not as they will need a striker and I could see Santa doing well in Spain.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby TonyM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Don't want Villa. Let's try to get Mansion.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ashton287 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Thats a no then

If we can offer Champions league football then it'll double our chances. Thats why it is so important we don't fuck it up. It could cost us Villa. We should give them £70m for Villa and Silva. Watch the fuckers rip it up.

40/50 million and robson for both of them
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm

john@staustell wrote:I have to say the only Spanish stories on this seem to say 'according to yesterday's English Daily Star', which the Sun has obviously read and bounced back to England.

We need to find out if he's coming....

Toffeesforme maybe able to help.

Torres and Tevez would be the best strike partnership in world football IMO. We know Torres can do it in the prem and we believe Villa can. Big difference IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I have to say the only Spanish stories on this seem to say 'according to yesterday's English Daily Star', which the Sun has obviously read and bounced back to England.

We need to find out if he's coming....

Toffeesforme maybe able to help.

Torres and Tevez would be the best strike partnership in world football IMO. We know Torres can do it in the prem and we believe Villa can. Big difference IMO.

I agree about Torres mate but I seriously doubt he will ever play at an English club other than Bin Dipper Reds so we should be looking elsewhere.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby kinkylola » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

obviously villa is amazing and I would love him, but I wonder if mancini (or even mourinho or whoever) would go with two midgets to lead the line. That's why I think mancini is going to move for balotelli in the summer and will get him. He is fast, strong, good with the ball and a natural athlete. He also has a rocket of a shot and can finish ... in my opinion having tevez and balotelli uptop could be the most potent, complimentary attack in the world. That is if balotelli can maintain form + progress as he gets older.

all that said, I would absolutely love villa and I think he is an amazing player, I don't want to make it seem otherwise.

that's just my 2 cents.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Id rather have Torres and Tevez :D
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Stevie Irelands' other half does not make an appealing WAG
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 am

kinkylola wrote:obviously villa is amazing and I would love him, but I wonder if mancini (or even mourinho or whoever) would go with two midgets to lead the line. That's why I think mancini is going to move for balotelli in the summer and will get him. He is fast, strong, good with the ball and a natural athlete. He also has a rocket of a shot and can finish ... in my opinion having tevez and balotelli uptop could be the most potent, complimentary attack in the world. That is if balotelli can maintain form + progress as he gets older.

all that said, I would absolutely love villa and I think he is an amazing player, I don't want to make it seem otherwise.

that's just my 2 cents.

He is also lazy bastard and would struggle with fast paced, all action nature of English game.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

Of course Villa is a great player but he's unproven in the PL & 28 years old. Even with our generous backing from Sheikh Mansoor, should we really be spending £40 million on a player who will start to deteriorate in a year or two?

Are there no other strikers in the world that can do as good a job for us but give better value for money?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby halnone » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 pm

heres a decent wag from one of our own.. Image
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles