Ticketing policy to upset Seasoncard holders?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ticketing policy to upset Seasoncard holders?

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:It's a great idea, fair play to the club. Stop whinging FFS.

are you whinging about people whinging?

very post-ironic.

Yes.

so to extrapolate further somewhat, without said posters whinging about the reality (also duality) of the correlation betwixt seasoncard prices (mine was £436 without the hookers) and the new-fangled "perambulate-upwards" tickets, one could reasonably hypothesise that you, that which meaning your persona upon this BBS system on the information-super-highway, would be entirely denied of you own, personal gripe?

Excatley, couldn't put it better myself.

sweet, glad thats all sorted.

to the pub.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Wait a minute, are they now flogging them off for a tenner?

My mate went to the Arndale to get a ticket today and paid £23 (?) with discount.

There's a link in the first post which explains it.

----

I'm all for the club doing what it takes to sell out, though I don't own a ST. Can see why you'd be pissed.

I'm not personally pissed with it mate, I'm a SC holder myself and welcome any initiative to fill the stadium. However, if the club are going to announce things like this I believe that it should've been done from the outset. Like I say, my mate bought a ticket for himself and girlfriend today in Block 325, by choice. I'm sure he said he paid £23 per ticket which means he has paid over the odds by £26.

Now I understand that this gives the opportunity for people to get a game (just like him), but I do feel it is a slap in the face for others who try to get to every available game at full price, afterall, he may have pushed the boat out himself to gain the ticket.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Twobob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Being a SC myself I forget about the cost of the games - I'd be pissed off if it was every match but it doesnt bother me for this one - I just wanna get 3 points of Scouse2 tomorrow night and a full (ish) house will help out
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Since when did season card holders ever pay full price for games anyways? They always get games at discounted price anyways not to mention first choice on seats for cup games etc..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Great idea aswell as the adult and junior for £30 for Wigan and Brum as i prefer the place packed out rather than empty seats everywhere, just hope we all bring our voices and make it a night to remember.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 pm

The truth is, we haven't sold out have we! Against a team that have beat us already this season and our run-in to the Top 4, you'd think people would be clambering over themselves to get a seat and support the team on to victory. Remember, we haven't played at home for a month.

However, even though it's not on TV, City have underestimated how much it's costing for the average punter to see the team play and are trying last ditch to get people into seats to get a bigger and better atmosphere. Well done to the club for reacting to this, but to be honest, Zero points for being Proactive.

They are getting there though aren't they.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The truth is, we haven't sold out have we! Against a team that have beat us already this season and our run-in to the Top 4, you'd think people would be clambering over themselves to get a seat and support the team on to victory. Remember, we haven't played at home for a month.

However, even though it's not on TV, City have underestimated how much it's costing for the average punter to see the team play and are trying last ditch to get people into seats to get a bigger and better atmosphere. Well done to the club for reacting to this, but to be honest, Zero points for being Proactive.

They are getting there though aren't they.

Have to agree, it doesnt bother me one jot that the club are selling a small allocation of tickets for a tenner. If they couldnt sell them at the original price, like any commodity, the price they sell at is all they are worth!

Taking that a step further, and one for Beefy's proactive point, I wonder if there is any way they could have a floating price system for tickets depending on traffic/demand. Top games like United would still sell out at top price, and the price would come down to what the market believed was a fair price. Most games would sell out, because rather than the category A, B, C which doesnt take into account televised fixtures, night games etc, the circumstances surrounding that game would dictate the price the punter was prepared to pay, and everyone would be happy.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm

When I can't get up for games (which sadly is getting more frequent) I sell my ST for a tenner ... I think I've been rumbled by the club!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nige » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 pm

City's decision making is bullshit! My mate borrowed a Citycard this morning and bought a ticket for £37 fucking shit behaviour which stinks of top 4 wankerness. On the back of £47 Mune tickets this is a a disgrace.

I just waiting for the usual 'renew' 'don't renew' thread coz I've had my fill of the club taking the piss.

The team have done nothing to warrent treating the blue army like the orcs of old stretford and i wont be surprised if we see many empty seats for the unattractive games like Wigan. Which by the way is £29 so £19 cheaper for the same 'experience' as the derby.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 pm

Doesn't bother me tbh. I'm all for incentives to get people in & don't mind if a few people get a bargain occasionally, these things happen in life. It will bother me if they start pushing up the cost of my season ticket though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Nige wrote:City's decision making is bullshit! My mate borrowed a Citycard this morning and bought a ticket for £37 fucking shit behaviour which stinks of top 4 wankerness. On the back of £47 Mune tickets this is a a disgrace.

I just waiting for the usual 'renew' 'don't renew' thread coz I've had my fill of the club taking the piss.

The team have done nothing to warrent treating the blue army like the orcs of old stretford and i wont be surprised if we see many empty seats for the unattractive games like Wigan. Which by the way is £29 so £19 cheaper for the same 'experience' as the derby.

That's a good point actually Nige. Didn't they do something like this earlier in the season?

I seem to remember buying the Mrs lad and his mates some tickets at full price, only to be told the next day that they had gone on sale for a much cheaper price.

As highlighted, my mate in the exact same position even though he scrimped and scraped (or should I say begged and borrowed) to get his 'sorry arse to the match' (his words not mine).

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nige wrote:City's decision making is bullshit! My mate borrowed a Citycard this morning and bought a ticket for £37 fucking shit behaviour which stinks of top 4 wankerness. On the back of £47 Mune tickets this is a a disgrace.

That's a good point actually Nige. Didn't they do something like this earlier in the season?

I seem to remember buying the Mrs lad and his mates some tickets at full price, only to be told the next day that they had gone on sale for a much cheaper price.

As highlighted, my mate in the exact same position even though he scrimped and scraped (or should I say begged and borrowed) to get his 'sorry arse to the match' (his words not mine).

The only fair way to appease SC holders would be to give them a discount in proportion to what the difference was for these games that needed selling at the lower price on next seasons SCs.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby spiv » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 am

We have got some very good marketing people at the club and this is a very good marketing ploy
1. A RESTRICTED amount of tickets will be on sale for £10
2. You cant buy these tickets by phone.
3. You cant buy these tickets online
4. The tickets will go on sale at 9-00 so there may be a fair queue of people waiting at that time to buy tickets but when the rush dies down the shutters will go up. If people think that they can stroll down to the club at lunch time or an hour before kick off and get a ticket for a tenner they will be unlucky. This is an offer to get bums off armchairs and get people down to the ground hence not being able to buy them over the phone or online because once they get to the ticket office and all the restricted cheap tickets have gone they will have a choice to turn round and go home or buy a ticket for £23 or whatever the cost is.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 am

look lads, you know what it is to be a sc holder. i know these ticket prices may seem a piss-take but would you rather have less people in the stadium?

i'm pissed btw.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby spiv » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 am

It will sell out tomorrow.
Old chinese proverb. You cant take the mountain to the people but if you turn the lights on and show them the way the people will flock to the ticket office.
I'm pissed as well btw.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 am

What a selection of whining cunty comments on this thread.

When we don't sell out everyone bleats that it's a disgrace

If it isn't a full house for tonight, a match not on TV, which is probably going to define our season...then it would have been a fucking disgrace.

The club has taken action to ensure that we stand the best chance of having a packed Eastlands behind the team (granted a move like this will make some feel like they've been swizzed but really there is not other way of doing it at the last minute so why not just deal with it and concentrate on supporting the fucking team).

Rather than moaning about how terrible the club is for doing this why don't you moan about the lack of dedication from your fellow fans who clearly couldn't be arsed to get along to such an important game.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 am

It's that Sorted fella Anty. He's a whingeing little bitch and needs to be slapped. Multiple times. Hard.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 am

5 tickets for Everton or 1 ticket and an Accescard Card (by telephone booking) for the Derby?

Good stuff.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mrs Given » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:25 am

I think that it's a good idea to sell the remaining tickets off for a tenner. As long as they are only on sale for a very short space of time, ie the match day itself. I welcome any attempt to fill the ground and money is tight for a lot of people so why not sell them cheap rather than leave a seat empty.

I have thought for some time that the club should do something along these lines when there are seats left, even if they offer them to schools. There is nothing worse than empty seats and a full ground should inspire the players.

I understand the seasoncard holders' points of view in that they have already paid but we are getting near the end of the season now and we just need one big push, anything that will get us 3 points is worth a try.
Mrs Given
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 am

To me this just proves the club should make all games a tenner for adults and five for kids.

They want every seat full all the time,to fill 60-70k week in week out tickets will have to be this cheap.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum