Pompey allowed sell?????

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pompey allowed sell?????

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Whats up with this, completely bending the rules here

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 41,00.html
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Pompey allowed sell?????

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Technically as I understand it, there are no restrictions on selling, it's just signing players/buying that is banned. EG: the Russian window is opening so Albert the moaner can go from Liverpool to Siberia.

But I agree they do seem to be using a certain licence!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 pm

There is an argument for saying that the transfer window unfairly restricts ANY struggling club's ability to sell assets, and the law of the land on that may be at odds with the FIFA/Premier League Rules. Ultimately, football is played in the jurisdiction of UK law and therefore if there are saleable assets that can realistically be sold to repay a creditor, then I am sure the law couldnt give a shit about the transfer window, it must be done.

I think it is perfectly fair when the club have entered administration and suffered the points deduction - what would not have been fair would be to allow them to do this before entering administration.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm

have they got anyone worth buying though? and clubs are allowed sell all year round just the players cant play until there registered, whats changed?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Esky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Dubciteh wrote:have they got anyone worth buying though? and clubs are allowed sell all year round just the players cant play until there registered, whats changed?

Belhadj is the one that jumps out. Utaka, Brown and Wilson could be decent squad players elsewhere. Piquionne and Vanden Borre are two of their best but both are on loan...not a lot then really.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Esky wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:have they got anyone worth buying though? and clubs are allowed sell all year round just the players cant play until there registered, whats changed?

Belhadj is the one that jumps out. Utaka, Brown and Wilson could be decent squad players elsewhere. Piquionne and Vanden Borre are two of their best but both are on loan...not a lot then really.

I would imagine Bolton are already trying to sign all of them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby HeyMark » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Marc Wilson will get them a couple of quid
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:Technically as I understand it, there are no restrictions on selling, it's just signing players/buying that is banned. EG: the Russian window is opening so Albert the moaner can go from Liverpool to Siberia.

But I agree they do seem to be using a certain licence!!

The Scandinavian transfer window is still open as well, but most clubs there are just as skint as Pompey.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Vhero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Well English clubs can buy now but not much point if they cannot play until next season unless they think there will be competition for a player. Its basically like making an agreement to buy a player now just paying early however would the player be paid by portsmouth or the new team if he signs for a new prem team? Doubt anybody would be interested in buying a player they cannot field until next season especially since he isn't injured. (Before you say RSC/insert name they are usually only injured for a short time and are qulity players and are worth waiting for).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Vhero wrote:Well English clubs can buy now but not much point if they cannot play until next season unless they think there will be competition for a player. Its basically like making an agreement to buy a player now just paying early however would the player be paid by portsmouth or the new team if he signs for a new prem team? Doubt anybody would be interested in buying a player they cannot field until next season especially since he isn't injured. (Before you say RSC/insert name they are usually only injured for a short time and are qulity players and are worth waiting for).

I'm sure money needn't change hands. A contractual promise of £xm on 1st July would be a huge relief to Pompey's administrators, and would buy them more time from the creditors.

An ambitious championship club may for example be wanting to make one of Pompey's players the centrepiece of their team for next year. If they make a reasonable offer the administrators have to accept it, wheras if they wait until the summer, Pompey may have been bought out, not be in administration and not be obliged to accept the offer, seeing that club as a rival.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum