****The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum****.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum****.

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Not good enough, bright moments but could not get through their defence. Too many long balls again.

Only highlight is Mancini taking his ball back off Gollum.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Beanieboy wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:WE HAVE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CREATIVITY MISSING IN MIDFIELD IT'S SHOCKING.

we got crappier after superman went off

Oh behave..he was below par as per fucking usual..
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum.

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

See my post from earlier today.

The Foggy Blue wrote:I remember this fixture being a serious let down two years ago. We were pushing for Europe (!) and this was seen as a real chance at putting down a marker. But, typical city - we lost two nil. Petrov got sent off in the 90th minute for good measure too. What a brutal night it turned out to be.

Something tells me that tonight will be different though. I genuinely believe that we are over that shit now (not that genuinely believeing we were over it before has ever made a difference...)

COME ON CITY> COME THE FUCK ON!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Complete fucking joke.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Beanieboy wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:WE HAVE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CREATIVITY MISSING IN MIDFIELD IT'S SHOCKING.

we got crappier after superman went off

And he went off because he was taken out of the game. And the greasy port-swilling twat was allowed to get away with it as well, to no-one's surprise.

We'll win our next game and everything will be alright again. Still a long way to go.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Still in the hunt lots of twists and turns before this season ends, Villa dropping pts Pool also and I can see Spuds doing the same .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Sorry night for city,not a happy man with that.Hate Everton with a passion.
We played very well until they caught us with the goal.It was a very frustrating night even when we played our best football it felt like we were doing it under the strangle hold of the referee.He just smothered us tonight.
Never really looked like getting back on level terms in the second half,even when we attacked everything looked far to hurried.Vieira on much earlier might half helped us settle and play the ball about a bit but i think city just panicked after the goal and never calmed down enough to control the play positively.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby david yearsley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Frankly anyone who knew Evilton just as other kickers before would target Ireland - they got at him , gets no protection or decides it´s not for him - he gets injured and it´s fucled - he´s much better when there are more tired legs out there and the game breaks up a bit - Bobby got that one AND the AJ subs completely wrong imo - lets hope he learns - atm not top 4 with that mid against blood and thunder teams
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:52 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Hit the nail on the head there. Our midfield is simply not good enough.

its clear we need a gerrard, arteta, alonso, fabregas, carrick?, lampard, iniesta, xavi, modric, milner?, fucking bullard type player in our midfield!!!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

its clear we need a gerrard, arteta, alonso, fabregas, carrick?, lampard, iniesta, xavi, modric, milner?, fucking bullard type player in our midfield!!!

De Jong - what is the point of having this man in the set up?

Can someone tell me what he brings to the fucking table?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby hyper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Facial hair?
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:57 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

could not pass our way out of a wet paper bag tonight,very poor distribution in the middle of the park.De jong just seems limited to passes backwards or sideways its frustrating to watch when we are chasing a game and need to get forward.
Green & Blue

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

watching that spell in the 2nd where we were all over them i was thinking this is quality....till i realised we hadnt had a fucking shot on target.

Someone has to be able to unlock the door (defense).
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

The big problem IMO is the amount of changes made to a team who had just won in a notoriously hard ground.

In fact, our manager is ADDICTED to changes. Change when your winning, change when your losing, change after you win convincingly, change after you lose convincingly.

So there's no reason to think we won't knock several shades of shit out of Wigan. Its just that, it will be changed again and so on and so on...

Villa are now our biggest threat to fourth because Spurs will lose at least twice IMO and draw one or two.

All in all, the manager and the players let us all down yet again when we really could've made a break for it and its hard not to be anything other than angry and disappointed that a cunt like Moyes and a team like Everton can spank us twice.
Original Dub

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Best thing about today's game was when Mancini nearly decked Moyes.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:01 pm

I just did not like the fact that we brought on santa and in the same move brought off Johnson the man most likely to have provided the crosses for him.Strange move by Mancini that.
Green & Blue

Postby gilford » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Makes what gollum said in the paper today make a lot more sense, we lack team spirit, have done for years.
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:The big problem IMO is the amount of changes made to a team who had just won in a notoriously hard ground.

In fact, our manager is ADDICTED to changes. Change when your winning, change when your losing, change after you win convincingly, change after you lose convincingly.

So there's no reason to think we won't knock several shades of shit out of Wigan. Its just that, it will be changed again and so on and so on...

Villa are now our biggest threat to fourth because Spurs will lose at least twice IMO and draw one or two.

All in all, the manager and the players let us all down yet again when we really could've made a break for it and its hard not to be anything other than angry and disappointed that a cunt like Moyes and a team like Everton can spank us twice.

to be fair mate someone made a good point that Rocky was injured and Vieira and Garrido would probably struggle to play two games so close...I see your point but the players out there HAD to perform.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Our season is going to come down to two matches in four days - our home games to Villa and Spurs. If they can't get motivated for those games they shouldn't be wearing our colours.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mike J » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:Our season is going to come down to two matches in four days - our home games to Villa and Spurs. If they can't get motivated for those games they shouldn't be wearing our colours.

100% agree. we really cant afford to drop points now.

however can see us losing to spurs, arsenal and the rags.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I think we can still get 3rd
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum