The sceptics are right.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The sceptics are right.

Postby Lee_R » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Unlucky tonight against a very organised Everton team. We had our chances in the first half but it just didnt go for us. Also the ref was an absolute joke. Still reckon were up for 4th.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Ah well...for me that makes it pretty certain that Mancio won't be here next season.

The ends could be said to have justified the means....but the ends haven't happened and the means are dreadful.

I don't want a change of manager but I think we'll be having one
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 pm

ant london wrote:Ah well...for me that makes it pretty certain that Mancio won't be here next season.

The ends could be said to have justified the means....but the ends haven't happened and the means are dreadful.

hopefully we'll get sparky back.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 pm

ant london wrote:Ah well...for me that makes it pretty certain that Mancio won't be here next season.

Thankfully Villa drew......and this game wont seal anyones fate mate......but the performance was shite.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby King Kev » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I thought Nige had a good game tonight, definately one of our better performers.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 pm

King Kev wrote:I thought Nige had a good game tonight, definately one of our better performers.

Especially going forward.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 pm

we dont deserve it whatsoever. top 4 teams arent pathetically inconsistent. its always been our problem, sadly i dont see it changing for a long time. spurs and everton are tow teams that i already think are better than us.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Craig B » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 pm

I said we weren't good enough for the Top 4 midway through the Sunderland game and got the usual torrent of abuse.

I just think despite spending the money we have, it's gonna take one final push to get us from a mid-table nothing team to a Top 4 contender. We lack the nous of a top top side and our massive outlay hasn't really addressed that. Tevez is the success story of this season's buys but apart from that - have any of summer signings really made the grade?

All is not completely lost as far as this season's run-in is concerned but I think tonight's display demonstrates we're going to come up just a little short.
Last edited by Craig B on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Vieira looked quite quick today, i'm impressed
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Not sure I agree that we're not top 4 material.... I think we have to commend the way Everton defended.... their defence was just too good for us....

We had really good spells in both halves, probably too good for most teams to deal with, but it just didnt go our way tonight... Twatty walton didnt really help our cause, we mustn't lose heart just yet, there's still quite a way to go yet..... keep the faith!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm

King Kev wrote:I thought Nige had a good game tonight, definately one of our better performers.

Yes - he was electric.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:The players are more than capable of top 4.

Table says otherwise. If these players are 'more than capable' of finishing top-4, name them please. And don't mention SWP or Bridge cos they hardly ever played for Chelski. Tevez was a fantastic sub for the scum. Toure and Vieira were regulars for Arsenal, although they are clearly past their best. Think we should forget about the chumps league for now and concentrate on trying to get to the Europa League ahead of Villa and Liverpool.
Fidel Castro

Postby Craig B » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

Table says otherwise. If these players are 'more than capable' of finishing top-4, name them please. And don't mention SWP or Bridge cos they hardly ever played for Chelski. Tevez was a fantastic sub for the scum. Toure and Vieira were regulars for Arsenal, although they are clearly past their best. Think we should forget about the chumps league for now and concentrate on trying to get to the Europa League ahead of Villa and Liverpool.

Not to a mention those filthy scouse toerags who've just annihilated us for a 2nd time this season.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

We are still only 2 points off 4th.... I don't quite get why people are giving up already.... there are still 24 points up for grabs, I think we are capable of getting top 4.... Everton have been on, and are still on a really good spell of form, as long as we don't play against defences like that for the next 8 games I think we'll still be ok!

Also the table isnt't the final table yet either!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby guv111 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Far too many shirkers, malcontents and fair-weather players (SWP embodies all of these traits, these days). That's why we lost tonight, and if Mancini stays he will surely know by now who he wants to see the back of ASAP. I can't imagine our manager would want to keep SWP with his new persona as the English Robinho, nor Ireland who has apparently decided that one great season is all he has to offer before lapsing back into ordinariness. RSC is laughable, and Barry has all the vim, vigour and swiftness of a carthorse with a very particularly heavy load.

For every Tevez we have two or three trundling journeymen. Unfortunately, in a self-fulfilling prophesy, failing to get a Top 4 finish will ensure that these are precisely the kind of ne'er do wells we will continue to attract.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 pm

guv111 wrote:Far too many shirkers, malcontents and fair-weather players (SWP embodies all of these traits, these days). That's why we lost tonight, and if Mancini stays he will surely know by now who he wants to see the back of ASAP. I can't imagine our manager would want to keep SWP with his new persona as the English Robinho, nor Ireland who has apparently decided that one great season is all he has to offer before lapsing back into ordinariness. RSC is laughable, and Barry has all the vim, vigour and swiftness of a carthorse with a very particularly heavy load.

For every Tevez we have two or three trundling journeymen. Unfortunately, in a self-fulfilling prophesy, failing to get a Top 4 finish will ensure that these are precisely the kind of ne'er do wells we will continue to attract.

Agree. The catch 22 is that you need to be in the champs league to attract champs league players. The alternatives are the everton approach of stability and making it once, before being chucked out at the qualifying stage or city's approach of throwing money at players who SHOULD be good enough to get 4th. The problem with the latter is that you blow the cash on lazy, unfit, overweight, injury prone muppets who couldn't really care less what the result is.
I hate to say it, but if you look fairly locally, you'll see a bunch of players who've won everything, often multiple times and yet still have the drive to win every game. Most of our lot won't even have a runners up medal when they retire, but i doubt they'd care.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Well , even though things didn't work out as City/ we wanted, deep down I'm grudgingly accepting the fact that Everton are putting pressure on Liverpool for seventh place.

It won't always be so crazy as tonight. I mean, who expected Barry to give a silly foul away - where Richards should be defending ! really ?

Write it off . it's a one off and we'll be back next week on a roll of four games culminating with the season end party for united.

Crickey, City did try to score, we got suckerpunched , TWICE !

Accept the punishment and try and be better next time out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 am

zuricity wrote:Well , even though things didn't work out as City/ we wanted, deep down I'm grudgingly accepting the fact that Everton are putting pressure on Liverpool for seventh place.

It won't always be so crazy as tonight. I mean, who expected Barry to give a silly foul away - where Richards should be defending ! really ?

Write it off . it's a one off and we'll be back next week on a roll of four games culminating with the season end party for U***d.

Well, thank god for a bit of sanity. Just a blinding away performance from the blue scousers who are fast becoming our new bogey team.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 am

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Well , even though things didn't work out as City/ we wanted, deep down I'm grudgingly accepting the fact that Everton are putting pressure on Liverpool for seventh place.

Write it off . it's a one off and we'll be back next week on a roll of four games culminating with the season end party for U***d.

Well, thank god for a bit of sanity. Just a blinding away performance from the blue scousers who are fast becoming our new bogey team.

Wouldn't go so far as to call it 'blinding', the little twa*s got lucky. It happens sometimes. Cahill is a f*cking midget, yet he scores some great headers, (Tonights wasn't one of them btw). Personally , if I was playing against him, i'd rake him down his right leg (calf) at least twice. However, that's just me as a footballer talking and not as a spectator. As the latter,I find him a clever and difficult player to control.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 am

Oh the irony that you lot on here call the Bluemoon message board - Bluemong
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum