The sceptics are right.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The sceptics are right.

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:Oh the irony that you lot on here call the Bluemoon message board - Bluemong

Was there any need for that?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Oh the irony that you lot on here call the Bluemoon message board - Bluemong

Yes, because i've jus looked over there and it's full of sensible, realistic opinions about tonight's game, that it was an off day and we were beaten by a better side.

On here it's the same old story "Mancini is clueless, get Jose on the phone" total ridiculous observations.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am

What a difference a game makes. Go on, get it out of your systems. Someone say " we're the shittest team in the world and we'll never win another game ever again."

Make up your minds lads. Is the way we performed against Fulham the true indicator of how we play? Or is it the Everton game?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am

dazby wrote:What a difference a game makes. Go on, get it out of your systems. Someone say " we're the shittest team in the world and we'll never win another game ever again."

Make up your minds lads. Is the way we performed against Fulham the true indicator of how we play? Or is it the Everton game?

I'm voting for you to come over mate, we need more fans like you (without that whining accent of course ;-))
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:41 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yes, because i've jus looked over there and it's full of sensible, realistic opinions about tonight's game, that it was an off day and we were beaten by a better side.

On here it's the same old story "Mancini is clueless, get Jose on the phone" total ridiculous observations.

I agree, it was an off day in front of goal but don't believe we were beaten by a better side. These are posts that are thought out (or not in some case) during or straight after a defeat and should be taken as so. And I'm sure if I went on Bluemoon or any other City Forum straight after a loss, there would be just as many 'Angry' posts as on here.

It's all part of the game mate. Let off steam, come back clean!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:I'm annoyed but I thought it was one of those games where the ball just didn't run for us in the penalty area

Overall we were just unlucky on the night

this. i'm too tired to remonstrate so i'll leave it to you lot. thought RSC should have started though.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree, it was an off day in front of goal but don't believe we were beaten by a better side. These are posts that are thought out (or not in some case) during or straight after a defeat and should be taken as so. And I'm sure if I went on Bluemoon or any other City Forum straight after a loss, there would be just as many 'Angry' posts as on here.

There's letting steam off and there's spouting clueless bile. I got accused after the Chelsea game of gloating with a "told you so" attitude, how ironic that fuck all was said after the win against Fulham and straight away after a defeat the "mancini out" and"jose in" shite starts getting banded about again.

Just fucking let us at Wigan! I hope we thrash the pie eating twats.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

There's letting steam off and there's spouting clueless bile. I got accused after the Chelsea game of gloating with a "told you so" attitude, how ironic that fuck all was said after the win against Fulham and straight away after a defeat the "mancini out" and"jose in" shite starts getting banded about again.

Just fucking let us at Wigan! I hope we thrash the pie eating twats.

So do all of us, but we don't thrash teams anymore.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:56 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:So do all of us, but we don't thrash teams anymore.

We thrased Chelsea.
the_georgian_genius

Postby john68 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:24 am

Sooner or later, some of you will finally learn the lesson that great teams take time (sometimes years) to build. Whether it was Hughes or is Mancini, they all take time to put together, blend and gel. While that is happening, you will see brilliant performances interspersed with shit performances. Bit by bit, better players come fill the weaker positions, tactical weaknesses get ironed out and eventually (hopefully) the team evolves and puts in a sustained challenge for honours.

Anyone who thought and I include the Sheiks, Gary Cook and Brian Marwood, that this team would keep improving without any problems or setbacks, is an idiot. IT WILL TAKE TIME and we will just have to put up with he setbacks without knee jerk reactions or trying to slash our wrists with rusty nails.

I am as gutted as anyone else about tonights p[erfoormance and result. I am gutted that we have lost our proud home record, I am gutted that we are no longer potentially leading the chase for 4th spot. But one thing is not in doubt...Our challenge is NOT over. Villa slipped tonight too and sure as eggs is eggs...Spurs will do the same. The door to 4th is still wide open and we have the squad capable of winning through....

Take another valium...polish your armour...sharpen your lances...and get back into battle!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 am

what a fuclin head butt on Gollum from Bob..

i am startin to like the guy.. seriously
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 am

a few things i noticed from the game, everton wasted about 15 mins taking throw ins, free kicks etc, gareth barry cant take free kicks, rsc isnt a footballer, toure is a liability and we dont close down players when we are defending. and finally the referee is a red scouse fan FACT!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby david yearsley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 am

john68 wrote:Sooner or later, some of you will finally learn the lesson that great teams take time (sometimes years) to build. Whether it was Hughes or is Mancini, they all take time to put together, blend and gel. While that is happening, you will see brilliant performances interspersed with shit performances. Bit by bit, better players come fill the weaker positions, tactical weaknesses get ironed out and eventually (hopefully) the team evolves and puts in a sustained challenge for honours.

Anyone who thought and I include the Sheiks, Gary Cook and Brian Marwood, that this team would keep improving without any problems or setbacks, is an idiot. IT WILL TAKE TIME and we will just have to put up with he setbacks without knee jerk reactions or trying to slash our wrists with rusty nails.

I am as gutted as anyone else about tonights p[erfoormance and result. I am gutted that we have lost our proud home record, I am gutted that we are no longer potentially leading the chase for 4th spot. But one thing is not in doubt...Our challenge is NOT over. Villa slipped tonight too and sure as eggs is eggs...Spurs will do the same. The door to 4th is still wide open and we have the squad capable of winning through....

Take another valium...polish your armour...sharpen your lances...and get back into battle!!!

Nail on head once again John - the voice of reason - I don´t think the pie eaters will be fancying it too much on Mon
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby guv111 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 am

john68 wrote:Sooner or later, some of you will finally learn the lesson that great teams take time (sometimes years) to build. Whether it was Hughes or is Mancini, they all take time to put together, blend and gel. While that is happening, you will see brilliant performances interspersed with shit performances. Bit by bit, better players come fill the weaker positions, tactical weaknesses get ironed out and eventually (hopefully) the team evolves and puts in a sustained challenge for honours.

I don't think anyone expected us to suddenly become a great team this season, and asking for fourth isn't really outlandish considering the supposed credentials of some of our more expensive signings. Having said that; who apart from Tevez has done as well as hoped? Johnson has been a bonus, but Barry, SWP, RSC, Adebayor and Given have flattered to deceive, or just been mostly ordinary. We were never going to "do a Chelsea", as they already had quality players and just needed some fine tuning - oh, and a very good manager. But considering all we are up against for fourth are a) Liverpool having a really poor season by their standards, b) a slightly better but still dour Villa, and C) Spurs (who usually bottle it against the Top 4) I think fourth has to be a realistic goal. Our owners think so, Mancini appears to think so, and some of our most vocal (read: mouthy and not-that-good) players think so.

A great team in the future - I hope so. But fourth should only take a bit of character and consistency this season. When will Liverpool be this bad again, for example?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am

Im just a little fed up with *insert managers name here* being brillant one week after a good result and a worst manager in the world the next after a bad result.

Mainly these claims are made by the same old people and it's just become very very predictable.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 am

guv111 wrote:

I don't think anyone expected us to suddenly become a great team this season, and asking for fourth isn't really outlandish considering the supposed credentials of some of our more expensive signings. Having said that; who apart from Tevez has done as well as hoped? Johnson has been a bonus, but Barry, SWP, RSC, Adebayor and Given have flattered to deceive, or just been mostly ordinary. We were never going to "do a Chelsea", as they already had quality players and just needed some fine tuning - oh, and a very good manager. But considering all we are up against for fourth are a) Liverpool having a really poor season by their standards, b) a slightly better but still dour Villa, and C) Spurs (who usually bottle it against the Top 4) I think fourth has to be a realistic goal. Our owners think so, Mancini appears to think so, and some of our most vocal (read: mouthy and not-that-good) players think so.

[highlight]A great team in the future - I hope so. But fourth should only take a bit of character and consistency this season. When will Liverpool be this bad again, for example[/highlight]?

Only going to comment on this part but what makes you say that Liverpool are going to be any better in the future? They don't have any money to spend, squad crippled with long term contracts on astronomicasl money for average players and apart from Torres their key players are aging.

In fact, Scousers are going to be out of it for a while I predict unless they are taken over.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
guv111 wrote:

[highlight]A great team in the future - I hope so. But fourth should only take a bit of character and consistency this season. When will Liverpool be this bad again, for example[/highlight]?

Only going to comment on this part but what makes you say that Liverpool are going to be any better in the future? They don't have any money to spend, squad crippled with long term contracts on astronomicasl money for average players and apart from Torres their key players are aging.

In fact, Scousers are going to be out of it for a while I predict unless they are taken over.

I'd be most worried for next season if we had Liverpool's squad. All the teams around them are getting better & have better players apart from the obvious duo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Yeah, I did ponder over posting that bit myself. But I'd be surprised if, with their long history of success, Liverpool would be "allowed" to degenerate. Successful Premier League clubs are given such leeway and so many helping hands. I definitely don't see Liverpool as a Newcastle or a Leeds, clubs that overreached and fell because they couldn't live up to their ambitions, spending etc. If we've learnt anything it's that the Premier League's so-called flagship clubs aren't going to be allowed to slip without a fight. Just look at the Rags: vast amounts of debt, and yet they're still given the green light to sign £30m flops, play in the Champions League, and carry on as before. This cartel will not be easy to permanently invade, but - as you suggest - Liverpool are the ones to be picked off right now.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BrianBlackleyBlue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

The voice of sanity, good post as always John. I reckon me n you are of a similar age!
BrianBlackleyBlue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: COLIN BELL

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

There are too many worldwide fans for Scousepool to go under or be in too much bother. Fuckers.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum