The sceptics are right.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The sceptics are right.

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Ok, Ill admit that I only see the game on that ssp match selection thingy.But am I the only one that thought we actually looked ok tonight??.It looked that way on the extended highlights.For me, Everton just sat back and got a couple of chances for which they put away.It looked like we had more of the ball but Everton were too organised on the night to really break down.

I had a feelin we would lose this one. Everton are just the sort of side I dont fancy playing, organised,good startin XI,they sit back and put the pressure one while we have the ball and are also on a great run of form- just the sort of side we dont want to be playin. Id actually fancy our chances more against one of the top sides, sides that will come at us.

We are just crying out for a good creative midfielder though. Id like to see NDJ dropped more often and brought on for the last 20 mins or so if me are defending a lead. He is just too defensive.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm

BrianBlackleyBlue wrote:
john68 wrote:Sooner or later, some of you will finally learn the lesson that great teams take time (sometimes years) to build. Whether it was Hughes or is Mancini, they all take time to put together, blend and gel. While that is happening, you will see brilliant performances interspersed with shit performances. Bit by bit, better players come fill the weaker positions, tactical weaknesses get ironed out and eventually (hopefully) the team evolves and puts in a sustained challenge for honours.

Anyone who thought and I include the Sheiks, Gary Cook and Brian Marwood, that this team would keep improving without any problems or setbacks, is an idiot. IT WILL TAKE TIME and we will just have to put up with he setbacks without knee jerk reactions or trying to slash our wrists with rusty nails.

I am as gutted as anyone else about tonights p[erfoormance and result. I am gutted that we have lost our proud home record, I am gutted that we are no longer potentially leading the chase for 4th spot. But one thing is not in doubt...Our challenge is NOT over. Villa slipped tonight too and sure as eggs is eggs...Spurs will do the same. The door to 4th is still wide open and we have the squad capable of winning through....

Take another valium...polish your armour...sharpen your lances...and get back into battle!!!

The voice of sanity, good post as always John. I reckon me n you are of a similar age!

Seconded
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Ok, Ill admit that I only see the game on that ssp match selection thingy.But am I the only one that thought we actually looked ok tonight??.It looked that way on the extended highlights.For me, Everton just sat back and got a couple of chances for which they put away.It looked like we had more of the ball but Everton were too organised on the night to really break down.

I had a feelin we would lose this one. Everton are just the sort of side I dont fancy playing, organised,good startin XI,they sit back and put the pressure one while we have the ball and are also on a great run of form- just the sort of side we dont want to be playin. Id actually fancy our chances more against one of the top sides, sides that will come at us.

We are just crying out for a good creative midfielder though. Id like to see NDJ dropped more often and brought on for the last 20 mins or so if me are defending a lead. He is just too defensive.

Good post, mate! I totally agree and posted something similar in the match thread yesterday. It drowned among the knee-jerk reactions, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:Ok, Ill admit that I only see the game on that ssp match selection thingy.But am I the only one that thought we actually looked ok tonight??.It looked that way on the extended highlights.For me, Everton just sat back and got a couple of chances for which they put away.It looked like we had more of the ball but Everton were too organised on the night to really break down.

Good post, mate! I totally agree and posted something similar in the match thread yesterday. It drowned among the knee-jerk reactions, though.

I know!! Im flickin through the forum now and so many seem to think its game over already! I hope the players dont have the same attitude. At the end of the day, we lost against one of the current best on form sides in the Prem. Ill admit that Iv been really pissed off after dropping points against the likes of Hull City and Burnley, but we have no given right to beat solid, organised sides like Everton. For me, Everton are another example of a side that has been built over time, something we are yet to do.

Spurs progressing in the cup could well be a blessing for us..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 pm

You're absolutely right. We weren't at all bad, Everton were just really well organised and difficult to break down. As you say, the sort of team you don't want to be playing. Bit like a high quality Wigan.
Seems everyone.s forgotten the six points from Chelsea and Fulham, when everyone though we would probably get one. And it's still in our own hands.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:

You're absolutely right. We weren't at all bad, Everton were just really well organised and difficult to break down. As you say, the sort of team you don't want to be playing. Bit like a high quality Wigan.
Seems everyone.s forgotten the six points from Chelsea and Fulham, when everyone though we would probably get one. And it's still in our own hands.

Nope ...noones foregotten them points Patrick..but it,s pretty much fucking pointless beating the chelseas of the league when we cant do fuckall with the sunderlands and the like is it!

Im still angry...and I had calmed down a tad.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 pm

I think its great that some posters can see the big picture in all this but implanted on my memeory at the moment is the fact that Everton turned us over on our home turf with ease and I and others still want to vent about it. Sorry if thats a problem but ive sifted through enough posts from nearly every other poster on this board having a vent so you can sift through mine.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Oh the irony that you lot on here call the Bluemoon message board - Bluemong

Was there any need for that?

Yes, because i've jus looked over there and it's full of sensible, realistic opinions about tonight's game, that it was an off day and we were beaten by a better side.

On here it's the same old story "Mancini is clueless, get Jose on the phone" total ridiculous observations.

I agree, it was an off day in front of goal but don't believe we were beaten by a better side. These are posts that are thought out (or not in some case) during or straight after a defeat and should be taken as so. And I'm sure if I went on Bluemoon or any other City Forum straight after a loss, there would be just as many 'Angry' posts as on here.

It's all part of the game mate. Let off steam, come back clean!

There's letting steam off and there's spouting clueless bile. I got accused after the Chelsea game of gloating with a "told you so" attitude, how ironic that fuck all was said after the win against Fulham and straight away after a defeat the "mancini out" and"jose in" shite starts getting banded about again.

Just fucking let us at Wigan! I hope we thrash the pie eating twats.

Hows the view from your high horse?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Nope ...noones foregotten them points Patrick..but it,s pretty much fucking pointless beating the chelseas of the league when we cant do fuckall with the sunderlands and the like is it!

Carl just what is a tad?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 pm

gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Dont fuck with me gille..I mean it...dont go there..........dont....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Dont fuck with me gille..I mean it...dont go there..........dont....

Cheer up you miserable twunt.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:41 pm

No...I want to stay miserable till we batter Wigan on Monday.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:No...I want to stay miserable till we batter Wigan on Monday.

PMSL.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum