8 matches left, time to deliver

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 8 matches left, time to deliver

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Our problem is that we play as cautiously at home as we do away. We should have had everton shitting it with a very attacking side yesterday. We should have started with two strikers - Eastlands was the hardest place to win FFS!

Having said that, its over now and time to pick ourselves back up. I did say before the game that contrary to maybe how most felt, I felt Everton was our toughest home game of the run in and I hope I'm right. They have a fantastic away record and are in really good form. We know that our players can naturally raise their game against the big sides and we have Villa, Spurs and U***d in that respect - all major rivals for what we want as fans. Wigan and Birmingham are opponents we'll simply have to outclass, but they aren't the same style as Everton, nor are they as solid. Brum's run looks to be over and we have more to gain, Wigan will simply HAVE to pay the price for what happened last night or else it is over IMO.

So in all, I think we'll win all of our home games if we go out with a do or die attitude. And there is no reason to think we can't sneak 6 points from our away games.

The shackles HAVE to come off NOW though.

I can't believe we were watching the same game. We were harrassing them most of the game and were attacking from the start. They hardly touched the ball apart from the goal.

I thought we harrassed them to a certain degree for the first half hour. Definitely the better side without looking too superior... same can be said for a 15 min spell in the middle of the second, but 45 mins of attacking, fluid football will rarely win you a match, as we found out at Sunderland and again last night. The Chelsea game was the exception rather than the rule IMO.

I just like to see us start with two strikers at home mate and I din't think that's too much to ask.

What I really want us to do is what Liverpool did last season - abandon the shackles and go for it. Keep continuity with team selection where possible and fucking GO FOR IT. I don't mean dominate - that's the basic requirement of a home game - I mean bombard the opposition. Big difference.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum