If we don't get 4th...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: If we don't get 4th...

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:The reason not getting 4th will be a massive failure for us is down to one reason.

Villa and Silva are available this summer. we've no chance without the chumps league.
Maicon will move this summer. "" "" "" "" ""
Torres will maybe move this summar. "" "" "" ""

Some of the best players in the world will be available this summer. If we don't get Champs league then we've got no chance of getting them. When will this many players of this caliber become available in one pre season again? It'll be a long time, and we'll have missed the boat.

I'm fucking fuming.

i actually believe with the players we have, and the talent on the pitch and on the bench that we should have had 4th locked the fucl up by now given how fucked the league is this season.

that fact that we don't is proof that you can't buy it straight away and need time to gel, but fuck me...by now we should have been tearing Everton, Stoke and other sides a new asshole. I'm sorry, but you don't have the run we've had against the better teams and then fucking spit the bit like we have at times this season without it being down to the players. If they play hard and focus we're top 4 easy.

we need a serious clean out of about 2-3 of these cunts. I'm serious. And i'm fuming like Bingo is. It's been, and STILL FUCKING IS, right there for us if we want it. Do we want it? Spurs do. ANd they are a good side. We are not a consistently good side.

If we don't get 4th i expect Mancini to be here even tho in spirit he should be gone. Mourinho isn't going to come, and in a WC year how are you going to let another new manager restock the cabinet in just a few weeks?

i think we'll try and lock up Mancini, Kidd and Marwoods targets before the WC even starts, and give Roberto one more season to show us something. But i won't be happy with 5th or 6th when i feel like a squad effort throughout the season could have made this really really magical.

sorry if that seems ambitious or not in keeping with the "best season ever in the prem" mentality, but i find that to be the epitome of Typical City really....i do.

cheers

this is not meant as an excuse for not grabbing 4th, but everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that we changed the fuclin manager and system half way through the fuclin season.. and are now expecting that we are slightly better than we were without any consequences of that change. Had Mancini been here since the summer i would agree that by now we should be able to get past Stoke and beat Everton, but as he wasnt you simply have to have some leeway in your thinking. We are getting better, Toure said this week that the players are now understanding what Bob wants.. so the space for excuses is reducing game by game. If the key players stay fit then the timing is still ok.. good in fact as we are progressing at the right time. This team can do it, it is down to Bob now imo to take the shackles off and trust them.

i actually see it the other way...i think Mancini needs to trust himself and make some decisions. If he weren't Italian we'd think he was fuclin Steve McLaren. He seems like a mealy-mouthed, blah, blah, blah...his kickass move against Golem was a direct result of his internal frustration about the situation. He doesn't know what to do.

Am i seeing things incorrectly? Let me tell you this...if he puts out a side today with Ireland and RIchards in it then i will know he has no fuclin idea what his best formation is...and is just making shit up as he goes along. Anyone with me on this? And even if that team wins 4-1 he won't commit to playing it again consistently. Isn't that what we've been doing the last 2 months? Ignoring success, and stubbornly clinging to failures or almosts?

sorry...im having a bad day at work maybe? who knows...

[youtube]3taEuL4EHAg[/youtube]

cheers

cheers

i can see your point.. and would even say that it looks very much like the picture you paint.. however i would still make my point that he has come into a league he doesn't have any serious experience of, half way through the term with an agenda to do better than we have done in ages.. so i will cut him some slack for that reason alone.. and put up with tinkering or defensive attitude or whatever and wait to see where he gets. i think you have a very good point about his frustrations against Everton.. he didn't have any idea of what to do. and if anything this half season has shown he has no strategy to deal with the more robust english style teams. If he is still here next year, i could easily, easily imagine he will still struggle against those teams. As for Richards and Ireland i think there are many here who would disagree with you that it puts Bob in a bad light to select them.

What i would say though is that if we fucl up in any of these next 3 games then there are no excuses, and i wont be making any thats for sure.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum