Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:14 am

CITY BOLLOX

Roberto Mancini may face an FA disciplinary charge after admitting the frustration of watching Manchester City lose valuable ground in the race for a place in the Champions League qualifying round provoked last night's touchline outburst against Everton's manager David Moyes.
City missed the chance to go fourth after losing for the first time at home this season, 2-0 to an Everton team making their own late challenge for a Europa League place, and both managers were dismissed by the referee following a physical confrontation in injury time. Mancini was the instigator, barging into Moyes to retrieve the ball from him and then squaring up to the Scot before stewards and the fourth official, Howard Webb, intervened.
The two managers shook hands afterwards having been told they had to share a lift to watch the rest of the game from the stands. Disciplinary action is possible, however, with the incident reminiscent of the 2006 altercation between Arsène Wenger and the then West Ham United manager Alan Pardew that resulted in a £10,000 fine for the Arsenal manager.
"I have spoken with David and if I made a mistake I am sorry to him and to the referee," said the City manager after his loss coupled with Aston Villa's draw against Sunderland enhanced Tottenham and Liverpool's prospects of claiming the fourth place. "I only wanted to get the ball because we had another five minutes at the end. I was frustrated. The referee sent me off but I don't think there is anything more in it. It's nothing, finished."
Moyes had previously confronted the Italian for waving an imaginary card following a foul by the midfielder Steven Pienaar. "That happens sometimes," added Mancini. "I won't do it next time."
Martin O'Neill, meanwhile, claimed that City's defeat means that Villa, who drew 1-1 with Sunderland, are still in with a chance of fourth although he acknowledged that Spurs were the real winners. "Tottenham will be delighted with the two of us dropping points," said the Villa manager. "But we all have tough fixtures. There will be twists and turns.
"Tonight was obviously two points dropped. If we had been able to secure all the points in even two of those games it would have made a massive difference. We are disappointed, but the Manchester City result keeps us still there."

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is interested in Palermo striker Edinson Cavani.
Mancini has met Cavani's agent to discuss a deal for the 23-year-old Uruguayan, who is close to signing a new contract that would include a release clause of £25m.

Mancini had hoped the player would invoke a clause in his present arrangement allowing him to quit Italy in a cut-price deal.
City are also linked with Roma's France centre half Philippe Mexes.

MANCHESTER CITY are in talks with Grenoble's Sofiane Feghouli, 20, over a summer switch.
City are hoping to beat Valencia to the signature of the France Under-21 midfielder, who will be out of contract.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Sought-after Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has turned down a move to Chelsea and will instead switch to a club in Spain this summer, partly because his wife would hate the English weather. The Sun

Palermo, meanwhile, have their sights set on a bid for Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen, with Rovers hoping to take midfielder Mark Bresciano in the other direction. The Sun

Liverpool's Spanish winger Albert Riera is ready to quit Anfield for a loan move to Spartak Moscow in a bid to save his World Cup dream. Daily Star

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is keen on Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara, who is currently on loan at Portsmouth.
Daily Mirror

Nice striker Loic Remy says he still wants to join Arsenal, despite his move collapsing in January due to a £13m asking price. Daily Mail

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish will turn to Notts County goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel next season if he cannot land Joe Hart on loan again. The Sun

McLeish has revealed Birmingham have held talks with Rangers striker Kris Boyd's representatives, but that the Scotland international is also talking to other clubs. (The Times)

Portsmouth left-back Dusko Tosic, 25, looks set to join QPR on Thursday after a proposed move to Swansea fell through. (Daily Mail)

OTHER BOLLOX
Former Chelsea boss Glenn Hoddle is being lined up for a dramatic return to management in place of West Ham's Gianfranco Zola. Daily Mirror

Actually, former Man City boss Mark Hughes is the man the Upton Park club want to replace their struggling Italian gaffer.Daily Star

Hughes is also on a three-man shortlist to lead Ivory Coast at this summer's World Cup. The Guardian

Zola has been told to submit a dossier to West Ham's owners to convince them that he can save the Hammers from the drop.Daily Mail

West Ham striker Benni McCarthy has admitted he and his team-mates "hid" during their woeful 3-1 defeat at home to Wolves on Tuesday. The Sun

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has not trained since their 2-1 win over Liverpool on Sunday, prompting fears he is still troubled by on-going knee problems.The Independent

Balram Chainrai, Portsmouth's fourth owner in their turbulent season, could remain in charge of the club for the long term.The Guardian

Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves, on the brink of a return after injury, has revealed he still needs painkilling injections to get him through training and matches. The Sun

QPR manager Neil Warnock has been handed a £10m summer war chest to take the Loftus Road outfit into the Premier League. The Sun

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner says he is an injury doubt for Saturday's away game at Birmingham. Daily Mirror

Southampton could hand 16-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain a shock call-up for Sunday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy final with Carlisle. (Daily Star)

Arsenal defender Sol Campbell has told his team-mates to make sure they are not only remembered for playing pretty football. Daily Star

David Beckham has lost his place at the top of France Football magazine's annual survey of the top earners in the game to Barcelona's Lionel Messi. The Argentine earned £29.6m last year in salary and endorsements, £2.3m ahead of Beckham. (The Independent)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 am

Good to see you back mate. Was you ill yesterday?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 am

Not even a WAG to lift the gloom this morning
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum