Another typical day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Another typical day

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:21 pm

on mancityfans.net. Some of you need to understand the basics of football. One team wins the other loses, unless, they both cant do either, so they call that a draw. Manchester City FC will lose games in the future, so can, we expect an over-reaction to every defeat we have. Im still waiting for the ''sack the manager thread'' . Some of you need to get a grip, theres still alot of points to win, and its up to US and the players to get more, than our nearest rivals, so its in our hands.

Roll on monday
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Another typical day

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for your contribution, you really have added to the site today. Thanks pal
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Thanks for your contribution, you really have added to the site today. Thanks pal

Probably the best contribution to this site since last night. He is spot on.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:38 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Thanks for your contribution, you really have added to the site today. Thanks pal

Probably the best contribution to this site since last night. He is spot on.

To me things like this simply clog up the board. I agree the over reactions do get silly, but reacting to the reactions makes things worse. now i find myself reacting to the reactions of the reactions. so suppose im just as bad.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 pm

I don't like your tone young man.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:20 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:on mancityfans.net. Some of you need to understand the basics of football. One team wins the other loses, unless, they both cant do either, so they call that a draw. Manchester City FC will lose games in the future, so can, we expect an over-reaction to every defeat we have. Im still waiting for the ''sack the manager thread'' . Some of you need to get a grip, theres still alot of points to win, and its up to US and the players to get more, than our nearest rivals, so its in our hands.

Roll on monday

I agree with a lot of what you say, but venting your spleen on here is better than going out of the ground and cracking a fan or clubbing a baby seal to death, so in perspective, message boards perform a useful service. You might not always agree with the views, but opinions are like arseholes.........

I think the day we are soundly beaten by a better side, after seeing our boys give 100% (eg, rags at OT in the league), you will never see a problem from 99.9% of posters on a message board, no matter how critical they normally are. I wanted Hughes out for a long long time before that, yet I am sure I speak for most when I say I was completely proud of everyone connected with City that day (and for that matter our start to the season)

So long as we give ourselves the best chance of winning a game and players give their all, I dont think you will find too many complaints on this or any other board. People will analyse, and people will suggest things that maybe could have done better, but I dont think a wholesale slaughter and character assassination would take place if we felt that the manager and players gave themselves the best possible chance of success.

If they dont, then they can expect criticism, just as I can if I dont perform in my job.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:39 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:on mancityfans.net. Some of you need to understand the basics of football. One team wins the other loses, unless, they both cant do either, so they call that a draw. Manchester City FC will lose games in the future, so can, we expect an over-reaction to every defeat we have. Im still waiting for the ''sack the manager thread'' . Some of you need to get a grip, theres still alot of points to win, and its up to US and the players to get more, than our nearest rivals, so its in our hands.

Roll on monday

It's the sound of disappointment, EastlandsBlue. The sound of disappointment.

4th could have been ours today - but Tottenham stay there and also clinch a trip to Wembley. Imagine the jubilation if that was us?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

I've just ploughed through reading alot of threads and alot of it is depressing but understandable from most. Last night was possibly the longest journey home I've had ... even after the rags stuffed us 5-0 about 15 years ago the journey seemed quicker ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Chinners wrote:I've just ploughed through reading alot of threads and alot of it is depressing but understandable from most. Last night was possibly the longest journey home I've had ... even after the rags stuffed us 5-0 about 15 years ago the journey seemed quicker ...

Chinners you're one of the chosen few, who i can listen to, and totally understand what you're saying. I wasted a days holiday to watch the match last night, and might again on 5th may. But I put things into perspective, and realised how lucky we are as a club, and that we are on a journey that will take a couple of years or so, and along the way we are going to be disappointed on occasions.

Were in a better position than any other club around us, and that puts a smile on my face. It disappoints me to see Spurs above us and going to wembley, but im positive that, will be us soon, and everything will be ok at the house of god. It just takes time, and patience from all parties concerned.
eastlandsblue

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Roll on monday

No. Yesterday we had the chance to take back 4th place and they, players and manager, fucking blew it. Ill give them as much stick as I want to for once again bottling it when the going got tough.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Burt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Grob wrote:

Roll on monday

No. Yesterday we had the chance to take back 4th place and they, players and manager, fucking blew it. Ill give them as much stick as I want to for once again bottling it when the going got tough.

BOLLOX!

I didn't see us bottle it last night. We had the lions share of the game and just didn't find the back o the ol onion bag. Scouse 2 have been on song ythe last couple o months. Just look at how they've climbed the table as evidence of that. We are still bang in the mix and we'll do it if we stay positive and keep behind the lads. Bring on the fuclers and let's roll em over.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Burt wrote:
Grob wrote:

Roll on monday

BOLLOX!

I didn't see us bottle it last night. We had the lions share of the game and just didn't find the back o the ol onion bag. Scouse 2 have been on song ythe last couple o months. Just look at how they've climbed the table as evidence of that. We are still bang in the mix and we'll do it if we stay positive and keep behind the lads. Bring on the fuclers and let's roll em over.

We got worse as the game went on and once they had scored we looked ragged, desperate and out of ideas.

Yes the big picture still looks fine but last night was fucking shit and i still feel let down and angry about it.

As I said in another thread they had better fucking smash wigan to make it up to me.
Grob

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Grob wrote:
Burt wrote:
Grob wrote:

Roll on monday

BOLLOX!

We got worse as the game went on and once they had scored we looked ragged, desperate and out of ideas.

Yes the big picture still looks fine but last night was fucking shit and i still feel let down and angry about it.

As I said in another thread they had better fucking smash wigan to make it up to me.

Well..it only took 10 years for you to start being confrontational and in your face...well done.

I agree by the way..we bottled it big time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 pm

[quotewe bottled it big time.][/quote]
No Carl the manager bottled it by changing the fuckin team and then to compound his error he takes off Johnson to bring on Roque.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 pm

gillie wrote:[quotewe bottled it big time.]

No Carl the manager bottled it by changing the fuckin team and then to compound his error he takes off Johnson to bring on Roque.[/quote]

You may be right..........whatever..some cunt bottled it and the result stays the same.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 am

Cant agree with anyone who says we bottled it. Maybe lacking patience might be a better word to use, and then panicking when we went one down. We need to be a bit more intelligent with our passing, and stop going backwards to Shay
eastlandsblue

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:31 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:Cant agree with anyone who says we bottled it. Maybe lacking patience might be a better word to use, and then panicking when we went one down. We need to be a bit more intelligent with our passing, and stop going backwards to Shay

So we bottled it then.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Why can we just not accept that on the night we simply weren't the best team out there.... some days the ball just doesnt roll for you, Wednesday was our day for that to happen!

I dont see why for every defeat there has to be a witch hunt to pin the blame on an indivudal, or a number of indivduals. Unless of course it's deserved!

IMHO I think we played well the other night, Everton had a couple of spells of no more than 5 minutes where we looked shaky, but the fact of matter is, both of their goals came when WE looked like we were the strongest team! The first goal was just a well worked free kick... fair play, balls like that are SO difficult to defend.

The second was a well executed counter attack....

Shit happens, and will happen again before the end of the season, but the same can be levelled to EVERY other team in the league.... there are 24 points up for grabs, and we are only 2 points away from our target...... we all just need to chill the fuck out!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Grob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am

pepsi_dave wrote:Why can we just not accept that on the night we simply weren't the best team out there.... some days the ball just doesnt roll for you, Wednesday was our day for that to happen!

I dont see why for every defeat there has to be a witch hunt to pin the blame on an indivudal, or a number of indivduals. Unless of course it's deserved!

IMHO I think we played well the other night, Everton had a couple of spells of no more than 5 minutes where we looked shaky, but the fact of matter is, both of their goals came when WE looked like we were the strongest team! The first goal was just a well worked free kick... fair play, balls like that are SO difficult to defend.

Shit happens, and will happen again before the end of the season, but the same can be levelled to EVERY other team in the league.... there are 24 points up for grabs, and we are only 2 points away from our target...... we all just need to chill the fuck out!

oh for fucks sake.

you know what, yes the fucking picture still looks rosey, if we win all our games then we'll finish 4th, great, ill be cheering us on on monday too believe it or not but Wednesday was a fucking let down and some of us want to let off some fucking steam about wasting our time watching a promising situation go tits up beacuse our tactics were shit and our players just a bad.
Grob

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 am

Grob wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:Why can we just not accept that on the night we simply weren't the best team out there.... some days the ball just doesnt roll for you, Wednesday was our day for that to happen!

oh for fucks sake.

you know what, yes the fucking picture still looks rosey, if we win all our games then we'll finish 4th, great, ill be cheering us on on monday too believe it or not but Wednesday was a fucking let down and some of us want to let off some fucking steam about wasting our time watching a promising situation go tits up beacuse our tactics were shit and our players just a bad.

By God it took a good while for this lad to let his inner cunt out.

Well in grob mate, I don't know how you cuntained yourself for so long. Welcome to the club :)
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum