Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mourinho

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

There were "6 months" and "Interim" comments flying around as soon as he was appointed. The apparent lack of confirmation on their absolute support for the latest Man is worrying me.

If the truth be told, then there's just something inside my head that tells me not to get fully behind him and remain cynical as to his motives for being at City. And the motives that brought him here.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby david yearsley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Being from the Swales era I have a nasty feeling we could be on the way to another Swalesesque type debacle if we continue to behave like this (if true of course) - get JM , unceremoniously ditch RM , we fail under JM , he fucls off and the owners get disillusioned and bin the project

Ourselves , foot, shoot - not part of the City vernacular ........surely!!!??
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:24 pm

david yearsley wrote:Being from the Swales era I have a nasty feeling we could be on the way to another Swalesesque type debacle if we continue to behave like this (if true of course) - get JM , unceremoniously ditch RM , we fail under JM , he fucls off and the owners get disillusioned and bin the project

there is no way on planet earth we can go anywhere near as bad as that, greasy haired, patronising, smarmy, two faced, toe rag idiot.
However we would be in danger of undermining ourselves severely imo if we start ditching managers every 6 months and in the end may end up putting the project back by a good two years if we lose our credibility with managers in general.

shit i cant get the horrible image and patronising voice of that wanker out of my head now, wish i hadn't read this!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Some [highlight]strange[/highlight] opinions on here. Would have Mourinho at any time and at any price.

Mancio et al MAY get us there, Mourinho guarntees success and winning trophies (anyone remember them?), which is the object of the exercise. If we have an opportunity to get Mourinho Why are we wasting time when the best man for the job can be had?

I'm not medically qualified but I think Jose looked a little strange in his interview with Sky.

I must admit I was surprised by the timing of the interview specifically on the eve of a big match for Inter. He almost sounded desperate and it can't have been a big boost for the players. The move in the media to get Jose into City is also begining to sound a bit desperate although its gratifying to to have City up there with the big boys as a potential Jose destination - I don't hear calls for Jose to Villa or Spurs if they don't get a top 4 spot.

Thing is if Jose to City is a 'done deal' as many seem to think why the fuck is he pleading on Sky for a bleeding job?

You've got to ask yourself why Mancio would give up a lucrative contract settlement at Inter (where they were liable for his full salary for a further 4 years) for a six month caretaker role at City. To me the answer is he didn't - hence 3 and half years.

Mancini said: 'I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,'

'As for Juventus - Juve is always Juve. They are going through a difficult period right now but we are talking about a club with history and prestige, made up of many victories.

'How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... entus.html

Daily Mail, eh?

People, and even tabloids, would have to be crazy to honestly think he'd be willing to go back anytime soon unless he gets the boot. He went through lot of trouble trying to learn the language and had been in England before so knew where he was coming to.

That was probably taken out of context from the story where he STRONGLY DENIED any interest joining Juventus.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 am

As Johnny C politely suggested - I think he´s gone off his head.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby eastlandsblue » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 am

brite blu sky wrote:
david yearsley wrote:Being from the Swales era I have a nasty feeling we could be on the way to another Swalesesque type debacle if we continue to behave like this (if true of course) - get JM , unceremoniously ditch RM , we fail under JM , he fucls off and the owners get disillusioned and bin the project

there is no way on planet earth we can go anywhere near as bad as that, greasy haired, patronising, smarmy, two faced, toe rag idiot.However we would be in danger of undermining ourselves severely imo if we start ditching managers every 6 months and in the end may end up putting the project back by a good two years if we lose our credibility with managers in general.

shit i cant get the horrible image and patronising voice of that wanker out of my head now, wish i hadn't read this!

Nice way to talk about a man who backed his managers with real money, and then got hounded out by a fat lying tosser who never put a penny of his own promised money into the club.

Lets just back Mancini for now, and being Khaldoons first choice of manager, im sure he will get another season
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

there is no way on planet earth we can go anywhere near as bad as that, greasy haired, patronising, smarmy, two faced, toe rag idiot.However we would be in danger of undermining ourselves severely imo if we start ditching managers every 6 months and in the end may end up putting the project back by a good two years if we lose our credibility with managers in general.

Nice way to talk about a man who backed his managers with real money, and then got hounded out by a fat lying tosser who never put a penny of his own promised money into the club.

Lets just back Mancini for now, and being Khaldoons first choice of manager, im sure he will get another season

Glad you pointed that out - I was a dedicated fan all through that period - did not like Swales at all - thought that he was a control freak and had a ego bigger than Jose's - and I blame him for a number of sackings - but at least he put some years and a lot of personal money in - more the old fashioned chairman that was not seeking to make lots of money (well probably was hoping to but it never worked that way)
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

It's certainly wrong to call Swales an idiot & does a disservice to the man. I mean he made his fortune on the back of City fan's money, leaving the club as a rich man after joining as the owner of a poxy tv repair shop, having bought the club for fk all after running it into the ground & making it worthless. Lee lost a fortune on City, the fool. Wonder when Lee will get his investment back? Not Swales: made a mint.

Swales may have been a greasy haired, patronising, smarmy, two faced, toe rag but he certainly wasn't an idiot when it came to making money, for himself.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby david yearsley » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

It's certainly wrong to call Swales an idiot & does a disservice to the man. I mean he made his fortune on the back of City fan's money, leaving the club as a rich man after joining as the owner of a poxy tv repair shop, having bought the club for fk all after running it into the ground & making it worthless. Lee lost a fortune on City, the fool. Wonder when Lee will get his investment back? Not Swales: made a mint.

Swales may have been a greasy haired, patronising, smarmy, two faced, toe rag but he certainly wasn't an idiot when it came to making money, for himself.

I was never intending to villify Swales as a fan and benefactor ; the situation just reminds me of his interminable impatience in wanting quick success and obsession in catching the rags - there are signs that if we are not careful we may be heading down that well worn highway once again
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It's certainly wrong to call Swales an idiot & does a disservice to the man. ... Lee lost a fortune on City, the fool...

odd choice of words
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:14 am

david yearsley wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

I was never intending to villify Swales as a fan and benefactor ; the situation just reminds me of his interminable impatience in wanting quick success and obsession in catching the rags - there are signs that if we are not careful we may be heading down that well worn highway once again

I was ;)

I agree completely though about the damage done by sacking managers. It's also a lot different & easier to get away with that behaviour when you're a club that is used to winning trophies regularly & have a top side for a manager to take over. If you're a club like us or Newcastle who consistantly win fk all, it's a proven recipe for disaster.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum