Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mourinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:11 pm

gillie wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't like stuff like that incident with Mancini & Gollum, it lacks class (although Mancini showed real class in apologising). If we get Mourinho we get that every fucking week & City become secondary to him.

No arguing that Mourinho gets results but I'd much rather Mancini started playing more attacking football & stayed in the job. Unfortunately I recon Hughes was sacked to clear the way for Mourinho, if he'll agree to come.

Ted i am beginning to wonder if Mancini can actually play the attack minded game unless he is forced to by a given situation.I think he is ultra defensive which is strange as he was one helluva forward when he played.

Tbh, I don't buy into the idea that Mancini is working to some clever master plan of any kind, in fact, as far as City are concerned, I don't think he has even the slightest clue what his best team or formation is. I think he's at home with certain formations so he falls back on them in big games but he doesn't know all the strengths & weaknesses of the City players or what jobs they can do or the reality of playing against various PL opposition, so he puts players in, hoping they'll do the same job as the guy at Inter would have done & finds they don't so has to change it. It takes a lot of time & mistakes to really learn about the players & find out who can do what job with whom & we sacked the last bloke while he was still in the middle of doing it.

Mancini's team at Fulham was effectively chucking tactics out of the window & going for it. It worked but I imagine he feels he's not quite in control tactically when we play like that. Over time perhaps he'll get used to the PL & his players, sign one or two & develop systems that suit it (if he's allowed to).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:This is all academic... Mourinho has been sucking up to ManU for years. Buying Taggart bottles of wine etc. He has his eye firmly on succeeding Taggart. The sunday papers are talking about this again today.

Imagine the bragging rights if we begin snatching their chosen ones. i.e. Tevez and then Mourinho. If only for that!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 pm

"I am very happy here (at Inter) but the situation is that I don't like Italian football and the Italians don't like me".

Clip on Sky just now from an interview he's done today.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Blue Toy wrote:"I am very happy here (at Inter) but the situation is that I don't like Italian football and the Italians don't like me".

Just seen it mate, and that statement doesn't reflect exactly what he said, it was the manner in how he said it. Strange how he's been touting himself around yet no-one's come in for him. Maybe he's getting desperate as he is not in the spotlight over there?

Apparently there's more to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:"I am very happy here (at Inter) but the situation is that I don't like Italian football and the Italians don't like me".

Just seen it mate, and that statement doesn't reflect exactly what he said, it was the manner in how he said it. Strange how he's been touting himself around yet no-one's come in for him. Maybe he's getting desperate as he is not in the spotlight over there?

Did you see he walked off after he'd said it, without the interview being closed? There was serious frustration/annoyance/pissed offness there.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Did you see he walked off after he'd said it, without the interview being closed? There was serious frustration/annoyance/pissed offness there.

I know, like he had more to say, especially in front of the British cameras. Can't wait for the rest, he is like Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Shameless roled into one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:No doubting he is a good manager, he isn't this god you are making him out to be.

He gets the job done - there's not many managers that can prepare a team for a specific game like he can. It's a God given talent. Just look at the recent Chelsea game, I don't mean the result, I mean the alleged preparation he is supposed to have done before hand, playing the sentimental melancholic 'good old times' card with key players in the week leading up to the game, and on the day itsself. The guy doesn't miss a trick, he had half their team practically hypnotised.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Dameerto wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:No doubting he is a good manager, he isn't this god you are making him out to be.

He gets the job done - there's not many managers that can prepare a team for a specific game like he can. It's a God given talent. Just look at the recent Chelsea game, I don't mean the result, I mean the alleged preparation he is supposed to have done before hand, playing the sentimental melancholic 'good old times' card with key players in the week leading up to the game, and on the day itsself. The guy doesn't miss a trick, he had half their team practically hypnotised.

Sorry to pick out one comment, but I don't think it's God given. Even though I seriously dislike his ways you've got to give him massive credit for finishing his apprenticeship and then pushing on to achieve good/great things. The bloke has worked his bollox off, grasped the opportunities that came his way and forced his way through the back door to make it to where he is. Fare play to the bloke, he deserves to be there by achievement.

NB. Personally, I think he plays the part really well.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm

He's streetwise, like the old fart who can't be named. I think it's genetic. Nature rather than nurture. He manufactures his own luck.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's streetwise, like the old fart who can't be named. I think it's genetic. Nature rather than nurture. He manufactures his own luck.

Don't we all do that mate, one way or the other?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 am

Dameerto wrote:He gets the job done - there's not many managers that can prepare a team for a specific game like he can. It's a God given talent. Just look at the recent Chelsea game, I don't mean the result, I mean the alleged preparation he is supposed to have done before hand, playing the sentimental melancholic 'good old times' card with key players in the week leading up to the game, and on the day itsself. The guy doesn't miss a trick, he had half their team practically hypnotised.

Too bad for him he couldn't do the same on the weekend then ;) Really, i know he's a very good motivator of his own players, and he can shield them from criticism with his own antics when the results are not good, or the performances aren't, but he's been suspect in tactics at times, and his usual way to remedy to that, "let's put all the attackers I have on the pitch together", doesn't always work in his favor (although some times this season it has).
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 am

Im not sure about Jose. We all say we want stability,yet Jose is the sort of guy that goes to a club, wins a cup or two then moves on elsewhere-or so it seems..

Id rather give Mancini a proper season, unless we really fook things up from now till the end of the season.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

The more I think about this, the less it makes any sense. Granted Mourinho is among the best three managers in the world but results haven't been that bad under Mancini, so in that sense I don't see much sense at all replacing him with Mourinho as Mancini is guaranteed to stay longer (given chance and if he is succesfull) than Mourinho. And I'm sure we all want stability in that department.

Regarding quality of football this makes even less sense. While Mancini's football hasn't been exactly attackfest (nor has it been even nearly as bad as some people make it out to be), Mourinho's brand of football is miles more boring. As a results first and foremost man myself I could deal with it provided he could work his magic on our results but since the biggest reason for "Mancini's not the man" voters is the quality of football, I can't see this making any sense for them either.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:The more I think about this, the less it makes any sense. Granted Mourinho is among the best three managers in the world but results haven't been that bad under Mancini, so in that sense I don't see much sense at all replacing him with Mourinho as Mancini is guaranteed to stay longer (given chance and if he is succesfull) than Mourinho. And I'm sure we all want stability in that department.

Regarding quality of football this makes even less sense. While Mancini's football hasn't been exactly attackfest (nor has it been even nearly as bad as some people make it out to be), Mourinho's brand of football is miles more boring. As a results first and foremost man myself I could deal with it provided he could work his magic on our results but since the biggest reason for "Mancini's not the man" voters is the quality of football, I can't see this making any sense for them either.

Who plays the most attractive Football that also wins Trophies regularly? I'm not asking you a question that I know the answer to. I'd just like to know who you think are the model we should aspire to.

Chelsea were brilliant under Mourinho but I never found their Football truly entertaining. Just efficient. Arsenal's 49 Match unbeaten are the best Premiership side I've ever seen.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:The more I think about this, the less it makes any sense. Granted Mourinho is among the best three managers in the world but results haven't been that bad under Mancini, so in that sense I don't see much sense at all replacing him with Mourinho as Mancini is guaranteed to stay longer (given chance and if he is succesfull) than Mourinho. And I'm sure we all want stability in that department.

Who plays the most attractive Football that also wins Trophies regularly? I'm not asking you a question that I know the answer to. I'd just like to know who you think are the model we should aspire to.

Chelsea were brilliant under Mourinho but I never found their Football truly entertaining. Just efficient. Arsenal's 49 Match unbeaten are the best Premiership side I've ever seen.

Wenger minus his stubborness not to spend on finished article would be something I'd hope our managers would aim for. Success and quality of football. And I agree that Arsenal's "Invincibles" were the most enjoyable English team to watch ever.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Wenger minus his stubborness not to spend on finished article would be something I'd hope our managers would aim for. Success and quality of football. And I agree that Arsenal's "Invincibles" were the most enjoyable English team to watch ever.

Arsene Wenger appears to control absolutely everything Football at Arsenal. From the Kids Teams through to the First Team. He's got his touch everywhere. Arsenal should be applauded for sticking with him for so long and letting him do his thing. He'll be an incredible act to follow.

I want that wanker nowhere near City, though.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/poll/results/117

25% of people seem to think he'll be in charge of us next season. Personally I think he is guaranteed to take over in Real Madrid but we'll see.

One place I'm fairly sure he will NOT be is in Scouseland, despite roughly three million Scousers voting so.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Real Madrid appear more likely because they have the pulling power that we don't. It'll take a long time to be on the same level as them historically - but if we can offer the money that no other Premiership Club can then i'm confident he'd come here.

Jose loves English Football and City would be the ultimate challenge to him.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Some [highlight]strange[/highlight] opinions on here. Would have Mourinho at any time and at any price.

Mancio et al MAY get us there, Mourinho guarntees success and winning trophies (anyone remember them?), which is the object of the exercise. If we have an opportunity to get Mourinho Why are we wasting time when the best man for the job can be had?

I'm not medically qualified but I think Jose looked a little strange in his interview with Sky.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 am

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/ ... t-fit.html

Agree with this on the perfect fit angle, right manager at the right time for City. We have a limitless budget, our supporters would desperately love winning a trophy and some tangible success, our owners crave a higher profile and box-office, and some of our players need a kick up the arse or the exit door - Mr Mourinho would address all of those in one swoop.

It also seems the press are now open house on Garry Cook, so maybve his role is to stick around at the club so the flak is concentrated on him rather than others!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum