We must pick ourselves up, urges Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We must pick ourselves up, urges Mancini

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Roberto Mancini says that City must put Wednesday night's disappointing defeat behind them and get back on track for the Champions League.

Goals from Cahill and Arteta condemned City to their first home defeat of the season on a frustrating night when tempers boiled over at times, particularly near the end when both managers were sent off by referee Peter Walton.

Mancini said: "It hurt that they scored their first goal when we were playing well, and it's disappointing to lose at home for the first time this season. But we still have eight games left this season, and we still have a good chance of getting into Europe.

"There are still enough games to go, and we must start again on Monday against Wigan.

All the teams going for the fourth
position have difficult games right up
until the end, so we are disappointed
for what happened tonight but we just
have to start again on Monday and get
what we can from the next matches.

"Everton are a good team, they are strong and played well but I think we played well at times. Football can be strange and sometimes you lose when you don't deserve to.

"They scored with their first chance, and after they scored they defended very well. We played better in the second half but could not get past them, so now we have to concentrate on the next game."

The Manager also regretted his clash with his opposite number, which came just as the game entered stoppage time.

"I'm sorry about what happened," he added, "but I was trying to get the ball because there were only five minutes left. I've spoken to the referee and to David Moyes and I think there is no problem. You need to show passion, and I probably made a mistake but I only wanted to get the ball."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum