Boss showed passion, says Kompany

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Boss showed passion, says Kompany

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Vincent Kompany believes Roberto Mancini’s desire for the club to do well was the only reason he momentarily lost his cool against Everton last night.

The City manager was sent to the stands along with his counterpart David Moyes after he attempted to retrieve the ball on the touchline, resulting in a brief exchange.

“Everyone at this club is passionate and wants to bring success so there will be times when emotion takes over,” said the Belgian star. “The boss showed how much he cares last night and I don’t see a problem with what he did.

“We were losing and he wanted to get the ball back in play – that was all there was to it. I think too much has been made of it already.

“Mr Mancini is very methodical and he likes us to stick to a game-plan. He wants us to be well organised and disciplined – it’s a very Italian style of playing football and it’s served us well so far.”

Kompany thinks last night now needs to be confined to history, with focus turning instead to Monday night’s home game with Wigan Athletic.

"I don’t think we played badly against Everton,” he said. “We enjoyed a lot of possession and had chances to score, but we didn’t take them so full credit for Everton who once again played very well against us.

"They stuck to their game plan perfectly
and we just needed a break
somewhere along the line, but it didn’t
come. It just didn’t happen for us on
the night and you sometimes have
games like that"

“Of course it would have been nice to have won and gone into fourth spot, but overall I don’t think it makes a massive difference. We still have to play Tottenham and Aston Villa at home and though they will be difficult games, I think it is a positive that they have to come to our ground.

“Villa lost points last night and Liverpool and Spurs will probably drop more points in the remaining games but nobody is going to give up trying to get that fourth spot and it could well go to the last game of the season.

“We’ve only lost once at home all season so we are confident that we can get back to winning ways very quickly and our destiny is still very much in our own hands.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Boss showed passion, says Kompany

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm

[youtube]6JM0niOycb0[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:13 pm

That was going well until he started almost insinuating that last night doesnt matter, it fucking mattered alright and you dont leave that game thinking, oh well we can just beat spurs and villa at home. WELL NO WE WONT WITH THAT ATTITUDE. Why leave it late why not just be really pissed off we lost a massive chance to keep ahead of Spuds.

Saying that the other teams will drop points might be true, but it makes me think our squad are presuming we will scrape it because the other clubs around us will fuck up more than we do.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:00 pm

When this happened i was scremaing at the players " at least HE has got some fucking fight you fucking pussys"

Bit harsh >??? lol
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blue wine » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:24 am

i love bobby for that.. I was proud that bobby showed some passion! he and tevez were the only ones who had some fighting spirit!!

well done mancini
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Grob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:15 am

blue wine wrote:i love bobby for that.. I was proud that bobby showed some passion! he and tevez were the only ones who had some fighting spirit!!

well done mancini

well done mancini? well done to man man who made a fool of himself on national tv by scrambing with moyes for a ball when it didnt matter after sending a team out to collopse to a glorious defeat against everton.

well done indeed

mancini looked like a fucking clown scuffling with moyes
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Return to The Maine Football forum