Best team in the land and..........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Best team in the land and..........

Postby Bear60 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 pm

all the world City .
this is the one thing all of us on here have in common . Last night was shit have been up all night and all day thinking about this. Doesnt matter what our status is we are City , chashing Champs league [can you beleive it ], mid table team forever , fighting relegation , getting relegated , getting relegated again , dismal dark days . But we were still there City City best team in the land and all the world. we came back from the darkness slowly but surely , we were still there , we gained stability and although we were ever so slightly pissed off , We were still there . And then we win the fucking lottery , we are still there . The tide will turn and no- one will be able to hold it back. and we are still here City , City , best team in the land and all the world.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Best team in the land and..........

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 pm

A "FULL " glass of what that man is drinking landlord if you please . ~~~ We are City Super City ~~~
carolina-blue

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 pm

What I don't get bear is that we are in this amazing postion and still can't generate an atmosphere at our home games. Last night for instance was our game hand, chance of going 4th and against a team who have made several derogative comments about us from several quaters and fans still can't be arsed getting up for it.

This season there has been 4 decent atmospheres, The Arse x2, Chelsea and Man U. That's it's the rest have been pretty shite. We need to inspire the team as much as they inspire us but it just ain't happening either way. Coms should be a cauldren of noise and a place no one wants to come to sadly that ain't the case.

We are the luckiest set of fans on the planet but you would never think it.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Sister of fu wrote:What I don't get bear is that we are in this amazing postion and still can't generate an atmosphere at our home games. Last night for instance was our game hand, chance of going 4th and against a team who have made several derogative comments about us from several quaters and fans still can't be arsed getting up for it.

This season there has been 4 decent atmospheres, The Arse x2, Chelsea and Man U. That's it's the rest have been pretty shite. We need to inspire the team as much as they inspire us but it just ain't happening either way. Coms should be a cauldren of noise and a place no one wants to come to sadly that ain't the case.

To be fair there the only games the lads on the pitch seem up for aswell, everytime we have had a chance to get the upper hand on our rials we fail.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bear60 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Wasnt there fu because I am skint at the moment . listined on Os thingy sounded to me , that when they scored against the run of play . Heads went down and we didnt recover [ tin helmet on now because I was'nt there but thats how it came across to me ] . Cmon CITY we can do this anyone but spuds please.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Bear60 wrote:Wasnt there fu because I am skint at the moment . listined on Os thingy sounded to me , that when they scored against the run of play . Heads went down and we didnt recover [ tin helmet on now because I was'nt there but thats how it came across to me ] . Cmon CITY we can do this anyone but spuds please.

It's not been good all season maybe to many fairweather and tourists coming now or maybe it's just football has changed so much.
Sister of fu

Postby ruralblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I have said before Fu that the couple of times I went last season the atmosphere (or lack of) shocked me somewhat. Full credit to the lads in the South Stand but other areas of the ground seemed dull. When we first moved from Maine Road I went quite a few times and it also felt pretty much felt the same.

We need a KIPPAX.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Sister of fu wrote:What I don't get bear is that we are in this amazing postion and still can't generate an atmosphere at our home games. Last night for instance was our game hand, chance of going 4th and against a team who have made several derogative comments about us from several quaters and fans still can't be arsed getting up for it.

I was there and managed to get tickets on the very front row couple of rows away from the dugout. I was singing backing up the south stand but there was only guy behing me singing the rest was silent!!!

Didnt even back up me or the lad behind me, i nearly lost my rag with a guy sat next to me taking fucking pictures all the way through the game. Seriously pissed me off!!

I was so pissed off at half time i went to the barrier screaming abuse at the ref most unlike me but oh well :D
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Totally agree, bring back the old 3rd division 'every game a cup final' days
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:22 am

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

I was there and managed to get tickets on the very front row couple of rows away from the dugout. I was singing backing up the south stand but there was only guy behing me singing the rest was silent!!!

Didnt even back up me or the lad behind me, i nearly lost my rag with a guy sat next to me taking fucking pictures all the way through the game. Seriously pissed me off!!

I was so pissed off at half time i went to the barrier screaming abuse at the ref most unlike me but oh well :D

I sit in North stand lower and on Wednesday the guy behind me had a go at someone for swearing as he had his child with him. Not being funny but its a football match where passion runs high and people swear.....a lot!! If you bring your children to football you must be aware that they are going to hear all sorts of language so i dont really get it when people get upset and start having a go at other fans.

So 2nd half starts and a guy near me stands up gives the ref a right verbally bashing and he gets told off by one of the high vis brigade. Its a football match for f**k sake not the opera. As ive said i guess its just modern football for you, where we all must sit quietly and have a light ripple of applause when someone makes a jolly good pass!!
Sister of fu

Postby simon12 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 am

We need to stick away fans in a corner somewhere and bring SS and singers together. I`m not starting/turning this into a "move the away fans thread" but this NEEDS to happen. Cup matches are dreadful because of the set up now as it is.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

simon12 wrote:We need to stick away fans in a corner somewhere and bring SS and singers together. I`m not starting/turning this into a "move the away fans thread" but this NEEDS to happen. Cup matches are dreadful because of the set up now as it is.

it is being trialled this Monday against Wigan, they have only sold 100 tickets and are being put on the second tier of the south stand. The whole bottom tier of the south stand is for City and you can relocate your season ticket there if you ring the club up.
the_georgian_genius

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:44 pm

I'll be bringing some atmosphere to the derby, don't you worry about that.

(if I win of course)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Bear you're dead right, but as Fu sais, this atmosphere thing needs to be addressed.

Atmosphere can be created if you've got the money to do it and we have. £1b redevelopment has to include a shifting of away fans and atmosphere in the build up to the game.

Get the singing going on a regular basis and watch the players react.

I have every confidence that this is being addressed so its back to the same thing we all seem to be suffereing from - a lack of patience and its understandable after winning the lottery.

We just need to stand back and remember who we are and where we've come from in such a short space of time. It may look like we fail everytime we've got the chance to breakaway from the other contenders but the same goes for Villa and Spurs who have both fought for fourth in recent seasons and what about poor old Liverpool who have a "God given right" to champions league?!!

Come what may, nobody on God's Holy Earth can stop what we're going to become and we're NEARLY NEARLY there...
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 pm

dazby wrote:I'll be bringing some atmosphere to the derby, don't you worry about that.

(if I win of course)

Well make sure you don't swear cocka or you will be on the next easy jet flight out.
Sister of fu

Return to The Maine Football forum