Return of Adebayor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Return of Adebayor

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

"Compared to Santa Cruz 3 in 15 (prem appearances)?? I don't think we will have a prob with Ade missing as much next year but RSC will still have his terrible injury record and people can bang on about him not being able to get good because he just got back from injury but lets face it, he is always gonna be coming back from injury with his injury proneness. He is never gonna get back to this so called mystery fitness people keep banging on about whereas Ade will get back to his full game.. I cant see how you can be critical of Ades 18 and stick up for RSC and his 15 games especially when he only scored 3 in them."

"probably because alot of those 15 have come of the bench"

Of course they have. His 'starts to goals ratio' isn't bad. There is room for both these and at least one extra.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Dubciteh wrote:dont understand the problem with RSC hasnt been given a fair crack of the whip and people dying to get on his back.

Adebayor has done little to impress me, he hd a great start and hasnt been the answer since the arsenal game, he needs to earn his conr between now and the end of the season

Except when he got back from Angola after nearly being killed, and scored in 3 consecutive games.
I've not always been impressed with Ade, but his record speaks for itself.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 pm

There is no doubt that Ade is a good player 1 in 2 proves his value end of.

He has had a fucled up season, some of which is his own fault, some clearly not. The sum total though is that he still has a lot to prove and do in this season, he will want to be playing and get some stability back, so he will curb the reaction stuff that has got him 2 bans. He will devastate Arsenal just by being on the pitch, as they cant leave him alone and he drags a minimum of two players to him all the time, so even if he doesn't score he just opens up the space for everyone else.

If we set up to play our remaining games as we did at Fulham then Ade will be instrumental in us taking a few teams apart..
you only have to look at these options:

Ade Tevez

Bellemy Johnson/ SWP

Ireland / Vieira ( for the killer passes )

If teams like Wigan and Burnley fail to emerge from the tunnel.. i can quite understand
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:42 pm

brite blu sky wrote:There is no doubt that Ade is a good player 1 in 2 proves his value end of.

He has had a fucled up season, some of which is his own fault, some clearly not. The sum total though is that he still has a lot to prove and do in this season, he will want to be playing and get some stability back, so he will curb the reaction stuff that has got him 2 bans. He will devastate Arsenal just by being on the pitch, as they cant leave him alone and he drags a minimum of two players to him all the time, so even if he doesn't score he just opens up the space for everyone else.

If we set up to play our remaining games as we did at Fulham then Ade will be instrumental in us taking a few teams apart..
you only have to look at these options:

Ade Tevez

Bellemy Johnson/ SWP

Ireland / Vieira ( for the killer passes )

Completely agree.
Im sure that deep down Ade knows he has let the club and the fans down by his petulance so Im sure he will be wanting to prove a point...he will definately have plenty of energy as he has only played a handfull of games this season.

If teams like Wigan and Burnley fail to emerge from the tunnel.. i can quite understand
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 pm

CityGer wrote:Agree with the second part. Never known a player get such an easy ride having done so little. The fact that he has missed nearly a quarter of the season due to his own temper and petulance seems to be lost on most people.

Well... he started fantastically by banging them in to win Matches and the Arsenal display was hilarious. I've never seen their Fans wound up so badly - although the Ban wasn't cool. He was then one of a few Players to go quiet after the great start and he's not really had the chance to get back in to it. i.e. Returned from Ban, incident with Togo, came back, banned again for the Stoke Red Card and now we're looking forwards to his return again. It's been a stop start season for Adebayor.

He owes us but he's potentially the best Goalscorer we have in the Squad (Tevez isn't the Beast in the Box that Adebayor is) and Adebayor owes us 20+ Goals next season.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:42 pm

If Dougs reports are any indication of his hunger I reckon he's going to come back with a vengeance.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Everyone had him as the best finisher we had pre season I reckon. Tevez finishing has come on leaps and bounds since, but Ade is still lethal.

He's one of those players that looks like he isn't trying but he does occupy dangerous areas and is very difficult to defend against, so even if him being on the pitch creates more space for Tevez and Bellers then so be it.

Personally I don't see why he won't score 6 goals for us between now and the end and if he does, then 15 goals from 26 games is an excellent return.

When he was on fire, Tevez was injured, then he had a bit of a dip and Tevez came to the fore, then he fucked off and got shot at and when he came back they both looked good together, then he got banned again... its been stop start for him but I've every confidence they can make a top notch partnership. Tevez can do the dog work and if Ade works on his positioning and stays in the box as often as possible, then goals will not be a concern.
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:38 pm

For me Ade has been missed, RSC hasnt had to many chances but that has mainly been down to his own injury problems and fitness, hes had these games to prove why he should be on the pitch but hasnt done that.

However I think our biggest issue is the amount of space between our defence and attack - on weds it was obvious that we need some 1 who can link our def and forward play, Barry, NdJ arent it and the ghost of PV def isnt.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Longball » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:37 pm

can't wait for his return, energetic, gut bustin, ball burstin performance ahead !
Longball
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Oxfam
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:Everyone had him as the best finisher we had pre season I reckon. Tevez finishing has come on leaps and bounds since, but Ade is still lethal.

He's one of those players that looks like he isn't trying but he does occupy dangerous areas and is very difficult to defend against, so even if him being on the pitch creates more space for Tevez and Bellers then so be it.

Personally I don't see why he won't score 6 goals for us between now and the end and if he does, then 15 goals from 26 games is an excellent return.

When he was on fire, Tevez was injured, then he had a bit of a dip and Tevez came to the fore, then he fucked off and got shot at and when he came back they both looked good together, then he got banned again... its been stop start for him but I've every confidence they can make a top notch partnership. Tevez can do the dog work and if Ade works on his positioning and stays in the box as often as possible, then goals will not be a concern.

Good post - circumsatnces have meant that we have not seen the best of Ade / Carlos in partnership - I think that they would be electric - I also think that if they were in front with Stevie behind then you would see more of Stevie as Carlos would not be in his space
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am

To be fair to him, he has had a gun pulled on him this season and seen his friends shot so ill give him some slack.

Like Ireland, the man has great talent but isnt a great player. I think we could develop him but his attitude to me dicates that he doesnt feel he need to be coached anymore. He believes he is the finished article and the real deal. Thats how I read the player.

Like Anelka, he would flourish in a few years time following spells with Fenebache and Bolton but as he's on 140k a week here approx, he'll always be an unfullfilled talent, like Ireland.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am

Grob wrote:To be fair to him, he has had a gun pulled on him this season and seen his friends shot so ill give him some slack.

Like Ireland, the man has great talent but isnt a great player. I think we could develop him but his attitude to me dicates that he doesnt feel he need to be coached anymore. He believes he is the finished article and the real deal. Thats how I read the player.

Like Anelka, he would flourish in a few years time following spells with Fenebache and Bolton but as he's on 140k a week here approx, he'll always be an unfullfilled talent, like Ireland.

I don't think he's on that much. There was a list published few weeks ago which told you the top earners, i don't think Adebayor was in the top 25.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Grob wrote:To be fair to him, he has had a gun pulled on him this season and seen his friends shot so ill give him some slack.

I don't think he's on that much. There was a list published few weeks ago which told you the top earners, i don't think Adebayor was in the top 25.

Err, he's the top earner at the club and in the top 5 in the Prem earners table, on about £140k a week, give or take a goal bonus or two.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 am

Original Dub wrote:He's one of those players that looks like he isn't trying but he does occupy dangerous areas and is very difficult to defend against, so even if him being on the pitch creates more space for Tevez and Bellers then so be it.

Adebayor can appear to do nothing for 89 minutes of a Match yet have the one piece of skill to win the Match. That's the sort of player he is and the sort we'll get used to.

Hopefully.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum