cook in boardroom bust up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

cook in boardroom bust up

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:30 am

MANCHESTER CITY chief Garry Cook was embroiled in an amazing boardroom bust-up as Roberto Mancini tussled with David Moyes.

The battle of the bosses on Wednesday night was replicated by bigwigs at Eastlands as Cook had verbals with a guest of the Everton board.

Moyes' side were on their way to a stunning 2-0 win when the aggro started in the directors' box.

City claim the guest was chanting '2-0 and we've spent f*** all' and then began goading Cook.

The City chief executive told the guest - understood to be multi-millionaire construction magnate George Downing - 'where to go' in no uncertain terms.

The dispute continued as both retired to the chairman's suite which Downing was then asked to leave by security staff.

Everton chief executive Robert Elston has written to City asking for an explanation.

The amazing scenes, in front of directors of both clubs, started as City boss Mancini was involved in a tussle with Moyes by the dug outs.

Mancini shoved Moyes when he refused to release the ball and then squared up to the Scot before the referee sent both of them off.

Mancini cut short a radio interview in the tunnel afterwards to embrace Moyes and apologise and both shared a drink in the City manager's office.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0jGGq0AuT

city have no class, looks like everton fans in high places have no class as well
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: cook in boardroom argie

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:38 am

it's fantastical. I hate Everton so much in just a year. I want us to destroy their club. Hate these cunts, all cuz of Moyes and his bullshit. He basically ROBBED us by getting 24M for Lescott, played the victim role in the process, turned a reasonably amicable relationship between what had been the "second-team" syndrome which both clubs had as a bond into utter hatred and angst.

i think i truly hate David Moyes with a serious passion, and Everton will forever carry that with them in my mind.

I think, honestly, it's fantastic in a way. I love this new rivalry. We have to destroy these cunts plain and simple. i can't wait until we play them again...and i loved Mancini's reaction to Moyes. Loved it.

Historical shit really. Am i the only one who loves this? i'd have preferred a simple, professional win on Wed of course, but...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: cook in boardroom bust up

Postby mancitymark » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 am

If thats true , then it shows Cook has some passion for our club.

Fair play to him and I would have done exactly the same.

Rather that than someone like that Newcastle chief exec who was taking piss out of his club and fans etc a few years ago.
mancitymark
Robinho's Step Over

Postby King Kev » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:40 am

How come the headline makes it look like Cook was in the wrong, but when you read the story it turns out that the Everton staff were the ones acting like pricks!?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:08 am

King Kev wrote:How come the headline makes it look like Cook was in the wrong, but when you read the story it turns out that the Everton staff were the ones acting like pricks!?

Because they never miss a good chance to run City down.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 am

Hahahahaha if that is true then my opinion of Cook just went up a little bit.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 am

If we are gonna credit Mancio with a positive eruption of passion, I really don't see why we should not apply the same (credit) to our CEO. And that's, imo, even more if reports are true in saying he actually started debating as soon as the the touchline spat happened... Teamwork.... :-)

Overall, I'd like to underwrite what DoomMerchant said about the new rivalry versus a Club of such a very cheap persons: manager, complaining official and VIP hooligan... I really love this new rivalry too!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

King Kev wrote:How come the headline makes it look like Cook was in the wrong, but when you read the story it turns out that the Everton staff were the ones acting like pricks!?

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Sh1t journalism against us once again.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Hahahahaha if that is true then my opinion of Cook just went up a little bit.

And mine. Although as long as Cook didn't get physical with the Mickey Mouser and left that Job to Security then i've no problem with it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 am

I'm sure that if you was a guest in a boardroom, you should have acted like a normal person and not goaded people in the said place, me i would have let security take him down the back stairs and let him have a small fall, but lets get 6pts off the small club nxt season and then wind them up more
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 am

Fucking do him cookie
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:I'm sure that if you was a guest in a boardroom, you should have acted like a normal person and not goaded people in the said place, me i would have let security take him down the back stairs and let him have a small fall, but lets get 6pts off the small club nxt season and then wind them up more

That is it.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby bluej » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:55 am

Fair play to Cook.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby david yearsley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 am

They´re writing to US for an explaination!? WTF! _ Well damn well give them one , one which means that cretin should be relieved of his Evilton board resposibilities FORTHWITH!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am

The directors lounge isn't the largest and to have some tosser like that gobbing off would've made it feel a very small world. Well done Cookie for having the nads for ejecting this reprobate, but next time they are here, make sure you invite Gollum up and give them both a good kicking. And if you are reading this, please invite me up to help you!

Horrible, horrible people! Never do business with them ever again, and I mean ever again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 am

Shame that it happened and the guy that was singing the song was right to be asked to leave as it's totally uncalled for, BUT he did have a point.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:it's fantastical. I hate Everton so much in just a year. I want us to destroy their club. Hate these cunts, all cuz of Moyes and his bullshit. He basically ROBBED us by getting 24M for Lescott, played the victim role in the process, turned a reasonably amicable relationship between what had been the "second-team" syndrome which both clubs had as a bond into utter hatred and angst.

i think i truly hate David Moyes with a serious passion, and Everton will forever carry that with them in my mind.

I think, honestly, it's fantastic in a way. I love this new rivalry. We have to destroy these cunts plain and simple. i can't wait until we play them again...and i loved Mancini's reaction to Moyes. Loved it.

Historical shit really. Am i the only one who loves this? i'd have preferred a simple, professional win on Wed of course, but...

cheers

im with you 100% on that.. great to see Bobby fly into Gollum.. obviously inspired Cookie to have a go as well..
Hopefully the Shiek will turn up next year with his crew of ninja assasins ;)

But seriously yes, this one game has shown that City do have a fuclin spirit and it extends right up to the directors box.. it is in fact a bit of what we needed.. all the players were impressed with Bobby's reaction so lets see what their response is on the pitch.

The Toffees are now, in one season one of our biggest rivals, they will in all likelyhood be challenging for 4th or above next year.. so that will put them on a head-on course with us hopefully.. so expect more fireworks and drama.

Similar point but in this one season we have made serious rivalries with Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and err Stoke ;)
not bad eh?

oh and ps. the main reason i believe we will take Arsenal down at the Emirates is the fact that we got right under their skin twice already.. its just set up too nicely to ignore
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:22 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:it's fantastical. I hate Everton so much in just a year. I want us to destroy their club. Hate these cunts, all cuz of Moyes and his bullshit. He basically ROBBED us by getting 24M for Lescott, played the victim role in the process, turned a reasonably amicable relationship between what had been the "second-team" syndrome which both clubs had as a bond into utter hatred and angst.

cheers

im with you 100% on that.. great to see Bobby fly into Gollum.. obviously inspired Cookie to have a go as well..
Hopefully the Shiek will turn up next year with his crew of ninja assasins ;)

But seriously yes, this one game has shown that City do have a fuclin spirit and it extends right up to the directors box.. it is in fact a bit of what we needed.. all the players were impressed with Bobby's reaction so lets see what their response is on the pitch.

The Toffees are now, in one season one of our biggest rivals, they will in all likelyhood be challenging for 4th or above next year.. so that will put them on a head-on course with us hopefully.. so expect more fireworks and drama.

Similar point but in this one season we have made serious rivalries with Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and err Stoke ;)
not bad eh?

oh and ps. the main reason i believe we will take Arsenal down at the Emirates is the fact that we got right under their skin twice already.. its just set up too nicely to ignore

Hughes managed us then,maybe he had the knowledge on how to do them.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I love it. This is the seige mentality we've been looking for. Added to that Mancio being charged it's us against the world now.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Hughes managed us then,maybe he had the knowledge on how to do them.

too true.. but wasn't he also in charge when we bounced about all over Chelsea ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum