We may yet thank Everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We may yet thank Everton

Postby Curlie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 am

Still pained by the Everton result and Monday seems a long way off.
But what about this for Friday morning optimism.
We use that result to kick on and take 4th place. While Liverpool continue their slide, Everton use the 3 points from Eastlands to catch them for 7th.
As a result, no European football at all for Liverpool, we have Torres banging on the door to join the revolution and we take great pleasure in telling Gerrard, "Fu@k off, we don't want you".
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Re: We may yet thank Everton

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:16 am

Everton are 5 points off us at the present moment in time. Not impossible that they could finish higher than us and Liverpool. That would be very depressing.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby david yearsley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am

I think we will thank them for having the audacity to get under our skins and therefore NEVER allow ourselves EVER AGAIN to be kicked around from pillar to post by these footballing thugs - bullies don´t like it up em!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:21 am

david yearsley wrote:I think we will thank them for having the audacity to get under our skins and therefore NEVER allow ourselves EVER AGAIN to be kicked around from pillar to post by these footballing thugs - bullies don´t like it up em!!

We don't like it up us so does that make us bullies?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am

Never thank the Scouse twats for anything!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby david yearsley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
david yearsley wrote:I think we will thank them for having the audacity to get under our skins and therefore NEVER allow ourselves EVER AGAIN to be kicked around from pillar to post by these footballing thugs - bullies don´t like it up em!!

Ha ha Doug - but does it make us pussies? ;)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby ashton287 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 am

There 5 points behind us and we've got to play the scum, spurs and villa

we play crap against teams around us, we haven't beat any of the other clubs goingfor fourth
we were lucky to beat the scum at eastlands, if we don't do something now it'll be US that don't even get Europa league next year
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Patrick » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 am

david yearsley wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Ha ha Doug - but does it make us pussies? ;)

and pussies get shit on by assholes
Last edited by Patrick on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am

mentioned something similar in another thread.. as in it may just have come at the right time to give us and Bob a kick up the arse. We are seriously in the business end of the season now and the teams that will prevail have to have an iron quality to keep it all together and power on when every game is critical. City actually have to learn that quality, as usually we are one of the also rans who fucl up like Villa and Spurs.
It is disappointing that we lost the luxury of a cushion over the others, but with our record and attitude it was more than likely that we would have stumbled at some point. The key at this time is whether tripping up causes any damage psychologically and i dont think getting mugged by Everton has any implications for the team at all. We did play well despite what a lot on here have been ranting about.. ok Bob got the set up a bit off so there is stuff to learn all round, but as we all well aware Everton have our number this season and they are in seriously good form.
Personally i think that this will have pissed everyone off, but in a way where the response is to double our efforts and for Bob to make sure the set up is geared to going for it.
We wont meet another team now who have both Evertons style and quality of teamwork.. i would have said Brum possibly, but because they will be without Joe for a one off game it will make their back 4 just that little bit more cautious and that will play into our hands.

If Bob gets his analysis right he should see that his slightly too cautious stance against Everton didn't help us, and as there is now no leeway he is going to have to throw caution to the wind more than ever. The next 3 games give him a chance to address the balance of the team against 'softer' opposition and hopefully he will see that our best option is to start without NDJ and go out to get that first goal.

Bottom line is that yes Everton have done us a favour by kicking us into a mentality that we needed.. i was glad to see Bobby trying to butt Gollum in his frustration... if he carries that into training and the rest of the season i think it can only be good for us.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

We won't win every game left this season. Neither will Liverpool, Everton, Spurs or Villa. I doubt the top 3 will manage that, so there's no chance of the ones below them doing it. If anyone does win them all, they deserve whatever they get, but it won't happen.

The defeat to Everton, whilst disappointing, was one of the games we were therefore going to lose on the run in. It's now just more important that we win against Spurs and Villa and the Everton game may have stopped us going into the Wigan game with an 'easy 3 points' mentality, as often happens.

Ultimately it means the same thing, but the team who drops the least points between now and the end of the season will finish 4th. And we'll all drop points.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm

I'd much rather thank Joey.

Thanks Joey
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I think there's every reason to use Everton as our catalyst for reaching fourth.

A reaction NOW to that game could cause a siege mentality, especially with what happened with Mancini and Moyes, and if the players all have fire in their bellies, there's no reason we can't finish fourth.

We really have to go for it now, no more fannying about. ITs not going to be the best team on paper that gets fourth, nor is it going to be the one with the most experience. Because there's so many rivals facing each other directly in these last few games, its going to be the team that wants it the most a show it on the pitch.

If every game really is a cup final then a lot of tactics go out the window and its motivation that comes into play. I said it already, but look how different Liverpool became last season towards the end. They played like fucking Real Madrid at times and I'm fucked if that was Rafa Benitez' doing. The players wanted it themselves and played like men possessed.

Its do or die, quite simply and I'll be more than happy not only to thank Everton should we make fourth, but I'll even let David Moyes have another glass of champagne, just like he did last time via satellite from his home when he thought Everton were about to enjoy champions league football :))) Fucking ugly cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Grob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

If it wakes up the players and manager to take the shackles off our team and we end up unbeaten untill the end of the season and we finish 4th then great.

But after watching n Wednesday, i wouldnt count on it.

Hope the twats prove me wrong.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:16 am

Saying this IMO is just giving an excuse for the game.

We played well, Everton played better, they got the result they deserved. It was one of those frustrating days.

Nothing good about it though, i don't think it will kick start us anymore than a win would of done.

We can beat anyone physically, especially at home but three wins in our next three games is so vital, i don't think we have the mental strength to go into the run of games against United, Arsenal, Spurs and Villa 4 or 5 points behind 4th.
the_georgian_genius

Postby JonnyAsh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:26 pm

I know statistics are they to be shot down, but for some reason, we seem to be terrible from April onwards, and I'm not sure if it's an attitude thing. Maybe in the past, there's been nothing to play for, but the last 2 or 3 years we have been vying for a European spot, so here' s what it looks like from the last 4 years from April onwards, prem matches only:

2005/06 L L L W L L L 3/21
2006/07 D W D L D L L L 6/24
2007/08 L W W L L L 6/18
2008/09 L L W W W L L W 12/24

At least we are improving, and different team, different manager, different attitude, I am sure we will bury this ghost!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Bluez » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:32 am

We dropped three points, it did us no favours. We have a manager who has already won things at the top level so he shouldn't need a kick up the arse, and he should know how to make this clear to players without getting beat on the way. There were no positives from this result, lets hope that it doesn't have the opposite effect in taking confidence away. A few years back when Arsenals Invincibles were finally beaten they went on a really shit run, the reason was all in the head.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am

Apparently we played well so we just need more of the same really.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Apparently we played well so we just need more of the same really.

Ted, if we take that literally, apparently more of the same equals no points, does it not?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Apparently we played well so we just need more of the same really.

Ted, if we take that literally, apparently more of the same equals no points, does it not?

Absolutely.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum